EATV: Defunct'd - Manga UK Podcast will include EATV

Re: East Asia Television News Thread ~ Schedule detailed

Did they realise just how stupid the idea was and decided to give up?

Nah, they've obviously bowled over Madhouse with their amazing Steampunk pitch. The studio are so impressed that they've greenlit and fully funded a 52 episode series directed by Yoshiaki Kawajiri. This explains why the Kickstarter is down, they don't need it any more. This is clearly the only plausible explanation.

nnpkpe.jpg

Believe.

Ath said:
Nah, they've obviously bowled over Madhouse with their amazing Steampunk pitch. The studio are so impressed that they've greenlit and fully funded a 52 episode series directed by Yoshiaki Kawajiri.

I want this to be true. So badly.

Perhaps for one of the stretch goals they can use technology to bring back Osamu Dezaki as a cyborg co-director.

Good bye and good riddance. What a joke this whole thing was.

Re: East Asia Television - Now Deceased

You make it sound like they had actually begun trading in the first place. Having read through the article, Ash Lawliet's response (if that's even his real name) sounds incredibly ridiculous, especially given the context of the article they were responding to.

A brilliant piece of investigative work however.

Well would you look at that, they've called it off in a way that alleviates themselves of any blame and allows them to look like martyrs. Shame really, I was enjoying the hilarity of it all.

I finally read the 'official' response. I'm now convinced that the entire company was composed of teenagers who didn't know what they were doing; do they really think that anyone with a lick of sense will believe the rubbish they wrote?

Hilarious.

R

N86VBcg.gif

Good riddance. I was instantly sceptical when I saw that Kickstarter. The bloody thing was like Unbreakable Machine Doll, but without the harem nonsense and more edginess. Less than £500K for an animated production? Ha!

Rui said:
I finally read the 'official' response. I'm now convinced that the entire company was composed of teenagers who didn't know what they were doing; do they really think that anyone with a lick of sense will believe the rubbish they wrote?

Hilarious.

R

Precisely what I thought.

Was Lawliet even the guy's real surname? I mean, I've tried looking it up in surname directories and on Google, but all I get in response is L from Death Note. If you want us to trust you, at least use your real name 9.9.

Joshawott said:
Was Lawliet even the guy's real surname? I mean, I've tried looking it up in surname directories and on Google, but all I get in response is L from Death Note. If you want us to trust you, at least use your real name 9.9.
According to his comment on the UK Anime Network article Shiroi Hane had posted his details here, but Mr Lawl told him to delete them.

Joshawott said:

Lawliet is a real surname, albeit a rather unusual one.

I have a question: if the Kickstarter was for an original work, what was the point of posting that image and asking us to guess what it was?

Shiroi Hane said:
I have a question: if the Kickstarter was for an original work, what was the point of posting that image and asking us to guess what it was?
At this point I think that's the least troubling of their logical fallacies xD

Back