Defective or Disappointing UK Anime Discs

Been reviewing "A Certain Scientific Railgun S" for the website, and in the DVD discs I got to review there are spelling issues with the subtitles. When spelling the name of a character called "Febri", half of the episodes the character is in spells her name like this, but the rest spell her name "Febrie" for some reason, so there is inconsistency.

Been reviewing "A Certain Scientific Railgun S" for the website, and in the DVD discs I got to review there are spelling issues with the subtitles. When spelling the name of a character called "Febri", half of the episodes the character is in spells her name like this, but the rest spell her name "Febrie" for some reason, so there is inconsistency.
It could've been worse I suppose...

Furby_picture.jpg

Oh don't worry Andrew I intend to. I was just curious as to how the set turned out. I love your label but anyone can make mistakes and I was just curious to see if there were any problems. I saw the show many years ago, looking forward to a rewatch.

Escaflowne the Movie: Standalone BD Release.

The disc has had the following extras stripped from the Ultimate Edition disc...

Special Program & Roundtable Discussion, Japanese TV Spot, English Teaser, Anime Expo 2000 Premiere Interviews and Concert, Anime Expo 2000 Premiere Footage & Panel

All that's left are a handful of trailers.

Escaflowne the Movie: Standalone BD Release.

The disc has had the following extras stripped from the Ultimate Edition disc...

Special Program & Roundtable Discussion, Japanese TV Spot, English Teaser, Anime Expo 2000 Premiere Interviews and Concert, Anime Expo 2000 Premiere Footage & Panel

All that's left are a handful of trailers.

That's... surprising. Is it a Funimation author or AL author?

That's... surprising. Is it a Funimation author or AL author?

That sucks. Locking video content to special editions is a big dick move imo.

Long story that's not worth explaining - but wasn't a choice on our side and it wasn't an asset strip by us. So you can call it what you like at the end of the day but not related to us I am afraid :).

@Rui: Rewatching Lucky Star, and made a note of the actual numbers of the episodes affected by missing subs. Here's the entry from the main Blu-ray list copy/pasted and edited to add the new info:

Lucky Star (Anime Limited): Video transfer not great and a possible player glitch with one feature. Textless Opening (TV) and Textless Ending (OVA) are missing. Single missing subtitle on episodes 13 and 15 (both on disc 2).

Don't know if this is the right place to post this as the problem isn't with the discs but the blurb on the back of the box. Manga UK's Digimon Adventure Tri part 1's blurb has a strange mixture of the English and Japanese terms. It uses "digivolve" and "digidestined" from the dub and then uses the character's names from the Japanese version such as "Taichi Yagami" and "BeliaVamdemon". Neither are wrong but I wish it was consistant with one version or the other.

Back