Currency vs Brexit: GBP Losses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still dont see why people care about the defect so much, the tories havent got rid of it they pushed back their projections. And a economy that works for all would eventually would be efficient imo.

Wouldnt you want a moderate to appease both sides like the Labour Brexit is the one I want.

The people voted to leave the EU/single market
I still dont see why people care about the defect so much, the tories havent got rid of it they pushed back their projections. And a economy that works for all would eventually would be efficient imo.

Wouldnt you want a moderate to appease both sides like the Labour Brexit is the one I want.
courses I do so did the Labour party when they tried to get rid of Cornyn the man's living in the past and will bring far greater austerity than any Tory cuts

On 'defying democracy', Corbyn always rushes to defend Brexit without acknowledging the lies that swung it. Like the Tories he hides behind 'will of the people' while ignoring those who thought they were saving the NHS, getting a pay raise, etc. Nick Clegg has offered some very accurate commentary on how both Labour and Tories are guilty of not explaining to the public what's really about to happen.

Then you have his line on immigration which I find disgusting. He talks of immigrants as a resource, not people. If you were born elsewhere and are more outgoing/capable/etc than me? Please come here and succeed. I hate this stupid notion that people not born here must be treated as second class.

The people voted to leave the EU/single market

1. Did they? Sure, some people did, but others voted to leave the EU after having been assured over and over again that this didn't mean leaving the single market.

2. The ability to vote for something different to what you did several years ago is what democracy is all about.

He treated them as people and every election lies are told (NOT RAISING FEES) but we don't demand a new election if it doesn't go our way, it is childish and defies what people want. People wanted to leave the EU that was a choose I didn't choose for it but Britain did. And Tim Farron and Nick Clegg piss me off than anyone else cos they are both secretly tories they would a deal with May in 15 seconds

1. Did they? Sure, some people did, but others voted to leave the EU after having been assured over and over again that this didn't mean leaving the single market.

2. The ability to vote for something different to what you did several years ago is what democracy is all about.
I want to stay in the single market and Corbyn wants it to. And like it all not the LDs are still a dead party after Fees

Funny that I heard David Cameron saying a vote for brexit would be a vote to leave the single market on numerous occasions you must have been listening

(NOT RAISING FEES)

Was not a lie. There was not a lib dem government so of course you're not going to see all the party's policies implemented.
With tuition fees Clegg decided to bargain away the no fees raised policy in exchange for making the policy fairer than both the one the Conservatives wanted and the one that Labour had implemented (with a labour majority government) after themselves stating in their manifesto that they wouldn't introduce tuition fees.
Farron, on the other hand, saw the issue of trust as more important and thus voted against the tuition fees rise.

Tim Farron and Nick Clegg piss me off than anyone else cos they are both secretly tories they would a deal with May in 15 seconds

Literally laughing out loud at the ignorance of this. Corbyn has more common ground with May than either of those two.

Was not a lie. There was not a lib dem government so of course you're not going to see all the party's policies implemented.
With tuition fees Clegg decided to bargain away the no fees raised policy in exchange for making the policy fairer than both the one the Conservatives wanted and the one that Labour had implemented (with a labour majority government) after themselves stating in their manifesto that they wouldn't introduce tuition fees.
Farron, on the other hand, saw the issue of trust as more important and thus voted against the tuition fees rise.

Literally laughing out loud at the ignorance of this. Corbyn has more common ground with May than either of those two.
The repayment is not that fair it is stupid and literally loses the government money. And sure he does the Lib Dems are always in my opinion closer to the tories than Labour. (2010)

37% of the population voted Leave. I don't have to accept that as binding democracy.

Visit Bedford sometime, it's full of mouth breathers.

"Cult" is an extreme phrase and no they didn't. People liked JC people still Jeremy Corbyn now he has became more popular than ever.
As person I think he's a lovely man so I'm not surprised he's popular and I think did really well in the debates it's his policies that worry me they don't ad up

Funny that I heard David Cameron saying a vote for brexit would be a vote to leave the single market on numerous occasions you must have been listening

To which Owen Paterson MP (leave supporter) replied that "Only a madman would actually leave the Market"
Daniel Hannan (leave-supporting MEP) stated "Absolutely nobody is talking about threatening our place in the Single Market"

And Arron Banks (who bankrolled and headed one of the leave campaigns) claimed that the Norway option was the most attractive - Norway, of course, being in the single market.

That there were contradictory messages is exactly my point.

To which Owen Paterson MP (leave supporter) replied that "Only a madman would actually leave the Market"
Daniel Hannan (leave-supporting MEP) stated "Absolutely nobody is talking about threatening our place in the Single Market"

And Arron Banks (who bankrolled and headed one of the leave campaigns) claimed that the Norway option was the most attractive - Norway, of course, being in the single market.

That there were contradictory messages is exactly my point.
The priminister said that in leaving the European Union we would be leaving the single market so did the remain campaign and the media you seem to think people who voted leave didn't understand this fact your ignorantly mistaken people knew what they voted for stop pretending that your smarter than them

I already voted days ago so it's always fun drowning in condescending election propaganda every time the post arrives. I live in a low income working class area and have apparently been stereotyped as a Daily Mail reader or something from the patronising tone of the letters proudly detailing our new potential overlords' various strengths. They're so off base that my partner has had no shortage of comedy material for the last couple of weeks.

The LDs in my area have said absolutely nothing. I was surprised to even see them on the ballot paper at all, because I assumed they didn't exist here until that moment.

I feel that the Conservatives will still win regardless, because most of the (very middle class) people who have raised the issue in my hearing have been saying that since they opened the can of worms regarding to Brexit it's up to them to take us through it, even if they don't agree with the policies. That makes no sense to me, but bloody-mindedness is a very British trait.

The 'coalition of chaos' rhetoric makes everything sound kinda fun though. Maybe ayase is rubbing off on me.

R

literally loses the government money.

Wait, so... Do you want higher education to be unaffordable for the less well off or to save the government money? The only way to have both is to increase costs for the well off while cutting it for the poor. Which is exactly what the policy that you are arguing against does.

And sure he does the Lib Dems are always in my opinion closer to the tories than Labour. (2010)

Your opinion is flat out wrong, then. Clegg had a fair amount in common with Cameron, yes, but this was more Cameron having Liberal tendencies than Clegg having Tory ones. There are people in the Labour party with Liberal tendencies as well. May shares basically none of the traits that Cameron shared with Clegg, and Farron has less in common with Cameron than with Clegg does/did, and not in ways that make him more similar to May.

Farron has unequivocably stated that he will not under any circumstances go into coalition with either May or Corbyn - in contrast with Clegg who said he would go into coalition with either, giving first priority to whichever of the others came out top. Which is exactly what he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back