Currency vs Brexit: GBP Losses

Discussion in 'Random Chit-Chat' started by Agent-347, Jun 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vashdaman

Vashdaman Za Warudo

I love reading your posts, Rui. I always feel I gain a little more eloquence and grace from them, they cheer me up on unhappy days. You're an important person in my life.

2. HellCat

HellCat Adventurer

The great British Brexit robbery: how our democracy was hijacked

This is worth reading. It's an expansion on earlier released details that the referendum was manipulated by data firms with global links/aspirations.

Yes, it sounds like something from a Metal Gear Solid game but give it a read. Would seem Brexit and Trump woke the wider world up to where this was headed.

3. Neil.T

Neil.T Hunter

Yay to that. I mean, what is religion other than a legally recognised set of superstitions?
    If only people focussed more on what's happening around them in the here and now rather than on what's (not) going to happen to them after they die, the world would function much better, in my view.
    I don't even like the term "atheist". It's a religious term implying that something is missing.

Google definition: a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods.
    If you must brand me something, call me a Darwinist.

4. ayase

ayase Mushi-shi

It is an interesting read, but I feel like it's just the same kind of thing that's always been going on, just being done in a new way due to the advancement of technology and social media. The military-industrial-complex has just become the military-industrial-media complex, or perhaps the military-industrial-data complex.

imgur is down so I can't link it, but
    *gif of Bender from Futurama saying "Oh wait, you're serious, let me laugh ever harder" goes here*

So not really that much different from Britain at any other time since the end of WWII.

5. Rui

Rui Karamatsu Boy Administrator

In my case I prefer the cold anonymity of atheism to taking the name of a fallible human (however important) into my belief system. I get quite upset about people who react to me being an atheist by assuming I read the works of some fellow named Dawkins; it feels like they're trying to turn my (lack of) belief itself into a creed. My only rule is to go with whatever I think makes sense at the time and I don't mind what other atheists get up to!

Strangely despite not believing a word of any of it I'm quite interested in religion, taking extra elective classes about it back at school and continuing to check things out in later life. I'll never take to it myself, but for me it's interesting to know as much as possible about the other side nonetheless to help try to work out why people are so darn complicated to understand.

R

6. serpantino

serpantino Adventurer

I have got to stop reading this thread. Everytime I do I end up having to pick up my 12 string and play 'when the man comes around' by Johnny Cash because Brexit is clearly the first significant step in end of the world :p. On the plus side I've pretty much mastered Cash's quirky strumming pattern from the song so thanks Brexit!

7. Neil.T

Neil.T Hunter

Huh, what did religion ever do for me?

Oh yeah, it gave us all Evangelion. Okay, I'll give it that, then.

[​IMG]

:p

8. HellCat

HellCat Adventurer

Tories won't be prosecuted for electoral fraud because Tories told them nothing is wrong.

I know most of you have written me off as a quack, but **** it. This country is crooked and broken.

9. Watanabe Ken

Watanabe Ken Great Teacher

The whole worlds crooked and broken the Tories are just a fly circling the pile of **** that is this world

10. HellCat

HellCat Adventurer

11. Buzz201

Buzz201 Cardcaptor

12. HellCat

HellCat Adventurer

13. ayase

ayase Mushi-shi

When you're actually putting in your manifesto something even dictatorships don't like to admit to doing, something has gone horribly wrong. Yes, let's become the global leader in restriction of personal freedom!

Two more years of education and I... am... outta here. Even Russia is starting to look more appealing than Theresa "Big Brother" May's vision for society.

HellCat likes this.
  14. HellCat

HellCat Adventurer

I think what's terrifying are the members of the general public cheering her on.

There's a huge portion of Brexit voters who crow we defeated fascism. Yet put it in an election and they gleefully vote for it.

st_owly and Blaize like this.
  15. HellCat

HellCat Adventurer

16. ayase

ayase Mushi-shi

Radical on the campaign trail, status-quo maintaining moderate in office. Happens every time.

Tells you something about who actually runs our countries.
    [​IMG]

17. HellCat

HellCat Adventurer

But Gove and Farage said he promised we were first in line!

18. Watanabe Ken

Watanabe Ken Great Teacher

I wouldn't pay any mind to it no named sources no credibility

19. ayase

ayase Mushi-shi

ayase presents: political cartoons.

[​IMG]

Neil.T, HellCat, Strat and 1 other person like this.
  20. HellCat

HellCat Adventurer

Would writing it on the side of a bus help?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.