UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

I am able to order on crunchyroll store using Google Pay on checkout straight to my UK address but not available on pre orders for some reason.

Also Google Pay doesn't show up in samsung browser. Only Chrome for me.
I gave this a try (I picked up a random manga volume that is in stock) and yeah, I am able to pay via Google Pay with no issue and it even got my phone number right, no "invalid number" notification whatsoever. I guess I just have to wait for G-Witch's release date in October and hope that the limited edition is still available then, lol 😂

How likely is it for G-Witch to later get a standard edition release? Like, there is no way they would give it only a limited and exclusive release where you can only order it via HMV or CR, right? Also, why a limited steelbook edition release?

Last edited:
I left out the initial 0 and it still won't accept my phone number cause then it doesn't meet CR's 10 digits requirement, my phone number is one digit too short without the initial 0. And when I include the initial 0 it claims that my phone number is "invalid."
If your real phone number is too short, you might just add an extra digit (0) at the end.

For most phone companies calls or sms sent to numbers with a fake extra digit should work - however you might ask a friend to do a test call to verify.

I gave this a try (I picked up a random manga volume that is in stock) and yeah, I am able to pay via Google Pay with no issue and it even got my phone number right, no "invalid number" notification whatsoever. I guess I just have to wait for G-Witch's release date in October and hope that the limited edition is still available then, lol 😂

How likely is it for G-Witch to later get a standard edition release? Like, there is no way they would give it only a limited and exclusive release where you can only order it via HMV or CR, right? Also, why a limited steelbook edition release?
They are doing it this way to trigger fomo like Disney and their steelbooks for mandalorian etc only difference was Disney weren’t stupid enough to lock it down to 1 retailer

Oh, f*ck you, Crunchyroll. I managed to take a step forward and now this sh*t. And, yes I have resubmitted it several times. I give up. 1718626798656.png

Last edited:
I love to see the lad at crunchy that thought it was a good idea to not have a wide amaray release for witch from mercury, only way I can understand it is if hmv gave them a fuckload of money
Me too. Cause what kind of sick and twisted individual decides that "let's give this a limited CR and HMV store exclusive steelbook release with no extras instead of a wide amaray release"???

I'll continue to use stackry, just much simpler and remains cheaper even if it takes longer.
Yeah I’m about to use them again for a variety of titles including some stuff from the Crunchyroll store. Consolidation fees are very reasonable.

I'll continue to use stackry, just much simpler and remains cheaper even if it takes longer.
Okay so, I decided to use Stackry. When I copypaste the address etc. info Stackry gave me, CR keeps saying "Let's verify your address is correct" and suggests to change the address a bit (they suggest putting the Address Line 2 aka the unit number together with Address Line 1). Do I go with the address format Stackry gave me or change it to the CR's suggested form?

Also CR still gives me this notification when I try to order:
1718691951762.png
Does anyone have any idea why it keeps giving me that notification?

Last edited:
Anime-on-line has uploaded the september slate New products
prices below, srp in brackets

86 - Eighty Six - £37.49 (£49.99) - all 23 episodes
Am I Actually the Strongest? - £37.49 (£49.99)
Berserk: The Golden Age Arc Memorial Edition - £29.99 (£39.99)
Bungo Stray Dogs Season 5 - £29.99 (£39.99)
Cucuruz Doan's Island - £14.99 (£19.99)
MHA Season 6 Part 2 - £26.24 (£34.99)
MHA Season 6 Part 2 LE - £52.49 (£69.99)
My Unique Skill Makes Me OP - £33.74 (£44.99)
Rent A Girlfriend Season 2 - £26.24 (£34.99)
Rent A Girlfriend Season 3 - £26.24 (£34.99)
The Ancient Magus Bride Season 2 Part 1 - £29.99 (£39.99)
The Devil is a Part Timer Season 2 Part 2 - £37.49 (£49.99)

Also Bungo Stray Dogs Season 5 is new too, meaning season 4 and 5 are in the same month now.

Last edited:
W slate for me.

Definitely picking up the Bungo and Gundam package (I may pre-order the Steelbooks for Witch of Mercury), Magus Bride Season 2, Berserk Memorial Collection, and most importantly in my case 86 as it's one of my favourite animes to come out in the modern era of anime on release.

Will wait for a sale for the Rent a Girlfriend package though.

Back