UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Tried ordering Witch from Mercury again in my local HMV only to be told this time they're unable to do customer orders for blurays🙄.

Seriously I've never heard of a music or entertainment store being unwilling to do a customer order, or at least direct you to order online.
If they don’t want us to get it then can just spend the money on a nice AL release instead, importing it is too much money

Seems they have updated the store to have different regions. UK Blu-Ray selection is VERY limited but can add your number now. But unfortunately they also removed the UK from the US region when selecting for international delivery.

Also an EU store. German and French BD/DVDs ship to the entire EU, so I might use it going forward if there's any multi-language releases from Crunchyroll that interest me.

Pretty much identical to what AL are charging for Crunchyroll releases on their store.
Let's just hope the have sales like the US counterpart.
Yeah, I did notice that. I never get CR titles from AL for that reason, as they are always cheaper elsewhere.

If they have high starting prices, then I'm not sure even the sale prices would be any better than what you can find elsewhere.

Apparently there is a 4k release later this year.

And that's why I was never tempted by the initial releases when I didn't see a 4k version anywhere for a new Shinkai work...

Back