UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Still no MagiRevo nor MyGO... F*ck my life... Oh, and of course G-Witch is an CR shop exclusive release which means I can't order it via Amazon nor can I order it from CR's own shop cause they don't ship to my country, f*cking great.
A lot of people on here use forwarders if a shop doesn't ship to their country, Stackry being the most popular. I've used them to get stuff from both CR and Sentai. Try have a look to see if it's any use to you.

Steelbooks used to require print runs of at least 4000 units in the past - and whilest G-Witch has a fanbase, it's still quite small compared to other series like DBZ, NGE or others...
So it's likely that G-Witch might struggle to sell 4000 units, even US+UK+CA combined, and if there was an alternativ edition with the same street date, I'd say it would be impossible. Maybe later - or maybe never...

By the way: Who said it's a CR Store exclusive?
It usually takes some days until they hit Amazon US

By the way: Who said it's a CR Store exclusive?
It usually takes some days until they hit Amazon US
1718491509414.png
Based on that "exclusive" tag I assume it means it is a CR Store exclusive.

1718491547734.png
Oh my God, how is CR this bad and incompetent? "We actually now ship to Europe too! But you are not actually able to order anything cause we are idiots and we have put a 10 digits limit on the phone number format which incorrectly claims that your phone number is invalid despite it being real." Damn, this whole situation is so f*cked up!

Last edited:
View attachment 34558
Based on that "exclusive" tag I assume it means it is a CR Store exclusive.

View attachment 34559
Oh my God, how is CR this bad and incompetent? "We actually now ship to Europe too! But you are not actually able to order anything cause we are idiots and we have put a 10 digits limit on the phone number format which incorrectly claims that your phone number is invalid despite it being real." Damn, this whole situation is so f*cked up!
I've never ordered from their site (the shipping charges!?!?!?) But when some sites force you to use the country code you don't include the initial '0' which should leave 10 spaces.
Obviously Crunchyroll are that dumb not to think of that...

Wasn't able to order the Witch From Mercury sets in HMV Dublin, but saying that the salesperson didn't seem interested in even checking and probably fobbed me off. When I went in they were standing away from the till with their head buried in their phone.

Wasn't able to order the Witch From Mercury sets in HMV Dublin, but saying that the salesperson didn't seem interested in even checking and probably fobbed me off. When I went in they were standing away from the till with their head buried in their phone.
I don’t even know want them anymore Crunchy can live without my money, will get some AL release instead

I've never ordered from their site (the shipping charges!?!?!?) But when some sites force you to use the country code you don't include the initial '0' which should leave 10 spaces.
Obviously Crunchyroll are that dumb not to think of that...
I left out the initial 0 and it still won't accept my phone number cause then it doesn't meet CR's 10 digits requirement, my phone number is one digit too short without the initial 0. And when I include the initial 0 it claims that my phone number is "invalid."

Last edited:
I left out the initial 0 and it still won't accept my phone number cause then it doesn't meet CR's 10 digits requirement, my phone number is one digit too short without the initial 0. And when I include the initial 0 it claims that my phone number is "invalid."
Well that's crap 🤦‍♂️ sorry.

If you have Apple Pay, you can use that to pay on the CR store. Obviously not everyone has iPhones, but hopefully that helps a few of you out.
Sadly I don't have iPhone.

I even contacted CR's support team yesterday about this phone number thing but I haven't heard back from them and based on the experiences of other non-USA customers who have the same issue I won't hear back from them ever. Kinda makes me wonder how on earth CR has not solved this issue when many others have contacted them about it! Welp, I guess I just have to hope that it later gets an standard edition (I don't care if it's a standard edition, steelbook or collector's edition, I just want to own the damn thing!) which is not exclusive to one store and is available via Amazon, MVM and AL. Or that by some miracle AL is allowed to release it.

I can't help but wonder they made G-Witch CR store exclusive. Like, CR gave Trigun Stampede a proper collector's edition with merch and all but it is not a CR store exclusive. But they gave G-Witch a bland looking steelbook release with no merch and made it CR store exclusive. What is the logic here?

For some reason the crunchyroll store will ship everything to me but the Kaguya sama movie. (Prevents me from advancing the basket as it says some items cannot be shipped to my address)

No issue with the other Aniplex Title "Rascal does not dream of a girl venturing out" however.

I would just use a fake phone number in your CR account, if that's what it takes - I would never expect CR to make an international call to contact someone outside of the US if there is some issue with an order, just as I would never expect AL or AOL in the UK to ever call me on the phone here in the US. All my correspondence with overseas anime retailers is done through their contact page or through email. That's just the norm, I would think. Pretty sure Crunchyroll would never even call someone domestically in the US for an order issue - I've never heard of that happening even once.

I would just use a fake phone number in your CR account, if that's what it takes - I would never expect CR to make an international call to contact someone outside of the US if there is some issue with an order, just as I would never expect AL or AOL in the UK to ever call me on the phone here in the US. All my correspondence with overseas anime retailers is done through their contact page or through email. That's just the norm, I would think. Pretty sure Crunchyroll would never even call someone domestically in the US for an order issue - I've never heard of that happening even once.
I wonder if the delivery service (FEdEx, DHL, UPS) would need my actual phone number though? Is there a risk of me being unreachable when they need to deliver the order to me? Or would my email be enough?

Last edited:
I've never had a UK seller phone my UK number.
To be honest, I be suspicious if they did.
I'm probably not using them in the future but if I did, I would just use a variation on the Blues Brothers trick and put in the number for Wrigley Field.
And claim a typo if noticed.

I am able to order on crunchyroll store using Google Pay on checkout straight to my UK address but not available on pre orders for some reason.

Also Google Pay doesn't show up in samsung browser. Only Chrome for me.

Back