Count to a Million

And this is what i get for my bloody work restrictions :(

Sorry, if i could of seen it and read it and known that i wouldn't of sent the link. brb shall continue the search....

Are Region 1 DVD's in English Dub? Is there no difference in buying a region 1 dvd to a region 2 dvd? As I may buy a region 1 player but not if most region 1 dvd's are in japanese, as im not a fan of subtitles personally eek

8123 most region 1s are english seeing as that's america's dvd format (why we can't have the same as them i have no clue) meaning there is a lot more anime on region 1 DVDs then on our region 2s (like Fate/ Stay Night or Big O, or Outlaw Star)

wow, well I may start buying region 1 dvd's then. is there any difference in quality? Can my Xbox 360 play any region or is it only region 2 I assume?

most R1 dvds (US & Canada) have english dubs. You'll probably find that you don't even need an R1 player though, just google your player model and "region unlock" :wink:

R1s are cheaper, but the picture format is the slightly inferior NTSC (looks a little worse on PAL TVs) - if you don't mind that you can save quite a bit of money.

Compare and Contrast.

Xboxes can't to my knowledge be unlocked.

Foxstripe said:
wow how the hell, why are they so much cheaper!!!
Well is the case of that Gundam box, the UK one has a lot more goodies, but if it's actual on-disc anime content you're after they're the same. It kinda breaks my rule in that respect:

Japanese Releases - High Quality, High Prices
American Releases- Lower Quality, Lower Prices
British Releases- Lower Quality, Higher Prices

:lol:

@Tachi - I bought my laptop in summer 2005.

I dont see why they dont just create a multiregional worldwide disc so we all get them at the same time, then everyones happy, same prices, same quality. Easy haha

:lol: in technology time thats like a whole different era of machine :lol:

I know its possible to do so with towers but not sure with laptops and notebooks. but using another motherboard that isn't the same type.

:/

Regions are different so unless things change the multiregional disks would have to support both NTSC and PAL to run

8129 I only buy R1s that i can't get in this country for the record :p my Gundam Wing collection was an exception but Andy from beez has said there's a new one coming out based on the HD masters that japan got last year...in the same style boxset as the new Wolf's Rain collection

Tachi- said:
:lol: in technology time thats like a whole different era of machine :lol:
Don't I know it, and apparently Vaios are known for being unreliable. Looking around now I'd probably go for a Thinkpad.

@Blackwolf - you take the fairness thing a little further than I do then! I would love to support the UK industry more, but with price discrepencies like that... If there was £5-£10 difference I would buy the UK one - once it gets beyond that there's no way I can justify it.

Tachi- said:
Regions are different so unless things change the multiregional disks would have to support both NTSC and PAL to run
There was one hope though - HD-DVD. No regions, one format for the world. Shot down and killed by the money grabbing studios like 20th Century Fox in favour of Blu-Ray which supports region coding.

The only reason for region coding to exist in on Blu-Ray is market protectionism. Capitalism, pro free-trade? Don't make me laugh...

I know, I saw that Elfen Lied £50 haha not on your nelly lol

I picked up my copy in HMV Oxford Street for £24. That was'nt even a sale. I think HMV realised its a popular anime so they whacked the price up, lucky I bought it before they realised

Back