"But we're both girls!" - The Yuri Thread

The last Magirevo episode was so gay yes!!!!! They animated everything I wanted from the novels, they ******* went for it I'm so happy! 😭 View attachment 28692
I was getting concerned during the middle of Magical Revolution that the first couple of episodes might have just been yuribait. It leans hard into being an isekai power fantasy for a long time, but the final couple of episodes redeem its GL elements. I was shocked at how conclusive and satisfying the ending was; I'm normally bracing myself for disappointment during Final Episode Week.

I was getting concerned during the middle of Magical Revolution that the first couple of episodes might have just been yuribait. It leans hard into being an isekai power fantasy for a long time, but the final couple of episodes redeem its GL elements. I was shocked at how conclusive and satisfying the ending was; I'm normally bracing myself for disappointment during Final Episode Week.
Hehe I already went ahead by buying the first three novels. I was in high anticipation mode for the last week. It did slightly tone down the kissing scene in the anime, but it struck me as being more to save time than from any attempt to "censor" it. That scene was actually pretty long in the book, there were a couple serious plot elements relating to it that didn't make it into the anime due to time constraints.

I honestly think the relationship was pretty well telegraphed throughout, even the more typically fantasy episodes show how close they're becoming. Although a lot of character monologue and a couple of events only exist within the novels. A lot was bound to get left on the cutting room floor in order to keep the core plot intact since this anime was adapting three whole books (like 600+ pages of content).

Now that I have presumably (barring any catastrophic shipping problems) collected all of Bloom Into You I am gonna move onto another Seven Seas series with volumes that will make me wanna tear my hair out. I'm gonna be somewhat controversial too. Time to collect all of Citrus. 😁

Now that I have presumably (barring any catastrophic shipping problems) collected all of Bloom Into You I am gonna move onto another Seven Seas series with volumes that will make me wanna tear my hair out. I'm gonna be somewhat controversial too. Time to collect all of Citrus. 😁
😂Was thinking the same... But some volumes are like gold dust aswell... Dont think i can go through that again

ONIMAI is directed squarely at Japanese NEETS/Otaku as the main character is one of them getting a second chance at reliving their school days as a cute anime girl! So no wonder it's popular there.

Vinland Saga, I feel, if not directed specifically to a Western audience (although the OP/ED and the credits are all in English!) is definitely going to appeal that little bit more this side of the globe as the setting is Western history. The Farmland Arc as good as it is, isn't going to appeal to the majority of anime fans either, even a large number that liked the first season due to the lack of violence.

Needs something truly special to appeal to both sides, like, Bocchi the Rock! I notice it's number 1 on that site for last year and it also won AotY on r/anime!

Just finished my reread of 'Bloom Into You' now I have real books for all of them. Ahhhh, still so good.

And volume 4 & 5 of the 'I'm In Love With The Villainess' light novels just arrived today, so I'll be finishing off that series before the weekend is out. Genuinely the best piece of queer lit I have ever read so far, its initial premise does not prepare you for how deep it gets.

I actually nabbed the first three on kindle after I finished the anime and I'm looking forward to reading them. Great to know the 4th volume isn't far away at all!
You'll like the first 3 as well. They cover the same ground that the anime did but obviously the anime crammed three whole volumes into 12 episodes so a LOT of stuff from the novels was cut or altered.

Yeah I heard that there was a lot of stuff was cut/altered which is why I figured I'd give it a go and read them too. I usually don't bother going over material that an anime covered but I think it'll be worth it this time. Can I really say no to more yuri anyway 😂

Back