"But we're both girls!" - The Yuri Thread

Look the digital copies are still cheap. I'm just an obsessive who can't let this go. I own all my faves in physical copies and I am not gonna let this beat me!

Yea fair point :D I was joking anyway haha (personally I prefer physical copies too, but not enough to spend over £200 on a single volume of manga) 😅 :)

Yea fair point :D I was joking anyway haha (personally I prefer physical copies too, but not enough to spend over £200 on a single volume of manga) 😅 :)
Yeah that's why I've put in stock reminders everywhere I can and made my local comic store set it aside if they ever get it again. The stock situation for any Seven Seas series which isn't currently publishing is dire at the moment.

The future is digital. You know you want to.
I'm getting towards 1000 books on Bookwalker! If I had bought them all physically I wouldn't be able to get out of the house, and also have a lot less money!
Probably at over 1000 with the physical ones I do have and a few other digital copies on other sites.
Screenshot_20230221-180017.png

The future is digital. You know you want to.
I'm getting towards 1000 books on Bookwalker! If I had bought them all physically I wouldn't be able to get out of the house, and also have a lot less money!
Probably at over 1000 with the physical ones I do have and a few other digital copies on other sites.
I do have a lot of digital manga but if I really adore a series I make sure to get a hard copy of it. I like having it on my shelf and as nice as a well made comic viewer with crisp images is I still prefer a book.

Seven Seas announces licensing of 'I Married My Female Friend'

I'm so happy. I'm already reading this series and it is so so good, and I literally wrote it down yesterday as the manga I most wanted licensing in this month's Seven Seas customer survey.

https://sevenseasentertainment.com/...a-series/?mc_cid=d24092f687&mc_eid=8356239472

I just saw the email with the licence announcement like 10-20 minutes ago, happy for you! And I might pick it up and read it myself at some point as well :)

Yuri fans been treated well recently with Lycoris Recoil, Gundam: The Witch from Mercury and MagRev. There was even some yuri bait in Bocchi the Rock and then next season we've got Yuri is My Job!
We've got a 'Whisper Me a Love Song' anime coming up sometime this year as well. Not my favourite series by any means but it is true yuri. Being fed well this year, hopefully it continues.

Last edited:
I have to mention this because it has just made my week.

I'm in a yuri group on MAL and last night a homophobe crashed the group and left a bunch of really disgusting comments about the group members. I got made an admin so there would be more people to delete such comments in future.

But then I checked his profile. He had hundreds of "dropped" manga and had systematically rated 1 on all of them. The vast majority of them? Yuri and yaoi. At first I just thought "that's pathetic, it must have taken him so long to do that". But then I thought about it and bookmarked the list. I've been scrolling through it finding dozens of series I never even knew about because he had gone to such lengths to hate on all of these manga.

His entire shtick has backfired on him and made me more powerful. I'm planning on telling the other group members about this and sharing the list with them.

I have to mention this because it has just made my week.

I'm in a yuri group on MAL and last night a homophobe crashed the group and left a bunch of really disgusting comments about the group members. I got made an admin so there would be more people to delete such comments in future.

But then I checked his profile. He had hundreds of "dropped" manga and had systematically rated 1 on all of them. The vast majority of them? Yuri and yaoi. At first I just thought "that's pathetic, it must have taken him so long to do that". But then I thought about it and bookmarked the list. I've been scrolling through it finding dozens of series I never even knew about because he had gone to such lengths to hate on all of these manga.

His entire shtick has backfired on him and made me more powerful. I'm planning on telling the other group members about this and sharing the list with them.

Keep up the good work! (Also I'm sorry you had to read those horrible comments)

Sorry if I missed it but does anyone here wanna share their thoughts on Asumi-chan is Interested in Lesbian Brothels? It looked like it might be something I'd really enjoy so yeah I'm curious if anyone else here has read it and what you thought of it? :)

Keep up the good work! (Also I'm sorry you had to read those horrible comments)

Sorry if I missed it but does anyone here wanna share their thoughts on Asumi-chan is Interested in Lesbian Brothels? It looked like it might be something I'd really enjoy so yeah I'm curious if anyone else here has read it and what you thought of it? :)
I have not read it yet but I am told that it is ridiculous fun. Apparently even the sexual content of it is so OTT and silly that it just makes it a blast to read. A friend of mine said she found herself yelling "No that's not how that works! " a lot during her read. 😂

It makes you wonder what actually makes people tick nowadays and what went wrong with some folk i mean why even bother with yuri if you just going to slate it and make homophobic comments about it... What kick do they get out of it😡

It makes you wonder what actually makes people tick nowadays and what went wrong with some folk i mean why even bother with yuri if you just going to slate it and make homophobic comments about it... What kick do they get out of it😡
There are just some people out there where a lot of their thoughts are fixated on hate. Once someone gets like that there's not a lot you can do to talk them out of it since it's not based on logic in the first place.

Back