"But we're both girls!" - The Yuri Thread

Has Otherside Picnic upped the gay output? There was too much subtle subtext and it was frustrating me so I dropped it (I need to see development, I'm done with subtext only series)

Has Otherside Picnic upped the gay output? There was too much subtle subtext and it was frustrating me so I dropped it (I need to see development, I'm done with subtext only series)
Well in volume 7 Toriko learns that Satsuki made contact with Sorawo and scared her, so she gives Toriko a love bite to claim her. And the main thrust of volume 8 that is currently being released is that Toriko wants her love to be reciprocated and has given Sorawo a week to sort her feelings out and tell her how she actually feels about her, so I'd say things are finally coming to a head in the romance department. Although, it hasn't been subtext since volume 3. Toriko tells Sorawo she loves her at the end of volume 3, and gives Sorawo a kiss in volume 4. It's just that Toriko is trying to seduce Sorawo, a woman who has the density of a neutron star and an utterly fascinating mind. I think with this current volume it's going to get there, it's just that this series has been the slowest of slow burns. I've read Miyazawa's interviews, that man is truly obsessed with the yuri genre so I am 100% confident he isn't gonna let it be will they won't they forever. Plus the title of volume 8 is 'Accomplices No More'.

Last edited:
5 Seconds Before a Witch Falls in Love
This threw me off a bit, since neither the cover nor back page blurb makes it clear that this is an anthology. That said, three of the four stories are about the same characters; it's just that a competely unrelated story is shoved in the middle. They were all pretty entertaining in a light, fluffy sort of way.

I don't know how interested anyone will be in this, but I am currently collating a massive Pride reading recommendations list on my Twitter. The vast majority is yuri, with a small handful of trans manga thrown in there as well (no BL unfortunately, It's not a genre I am hugely familiar with).

Anyway, if anyone wants to take a look I'll link to it here. I've tried my best to sell each title as much as I can within the confines of individual Twitter replies, and the list is likely to get even bigger once I get back to it tomorrow. Everything on here is an 8 or above by my own personal opinion.

I don't know how interested anyone will be in this, but I am currently collating a massive Pride reading recommendations list on my Twitter. The vast majority is yuri, with a small handful of trans manga thrown in there as well (no BL unfortunately, It's not a genre I am hugely familiar with).

Anyway, if anyone wants to take a look I'll link to it here. I've tried my best to sell each title as much as I can within the confines of individual Twitter replies, and the list is likely to get even bigger once I get back to it tomorrow. Everything on here is an 8 or above by my own personal opinion.

I'll have a look.

5 Seconds Before a Witch Falls in Love
This threw me off a bit, since neither the cover nor back page blurb makes it clear that this is an anthology. That said, three of the four stories are about the same characters; it's just that a competely unrelated story is shoved in the middle. They were all pretty entertaining in a light, fluffy sort of way.
Oh that was a cute one. I wasn't sure about the collected volume since I'd read the oneshots themselves quite a while ago and didn't think they were long enough to warrant a volume. But if they've stuck another story in there then I may look into getting it.

Oh that was a cute one. I wasn't sure about the collected volume since I'd read the oneshots themselves quite a while ago and didn't think they were long enough to warrant a volume. But if they've stuck another story in there then I may look into getting it.
The unrelated story is called Demon's Harem, just in case it's one you've read elsewhere.

The unrelated story is called Demon's Harem, just in case it's one you've read elsewhere.
Nope, never heard of that one. I'll keep an eye out and see if I can snag it used or something. Everything eventually ends up going for cheap on 'World of Books' if you're patient enough.

Claire is currently on high alert for new license announcements coming sometime today. She has even assembled a handy chart full of hopes and dreams. You can tell her that expecting some of these series in 2023 (current year argument) is pure delusion, but she will just look at your face with a blank expression and act as if the conversation never happened. Such is her GOD DAMN COMMITMENT to the girls who kiss other girls and sometimes even the ones who like them in an aro/ace sorta way.
yuri license bingo.jpg

Claire is currently on high alert for new license announcements coming sometime today. She has even assembled a handy chart full of hopes and dreams. You can tell her that expecting some of these series in 2023 (current year argument) is pure delusion, but she will just look at your face with a blank expression and act as if the conversation never happened. Such is her GOD DAMN COMMITMENT to the girls who kiss other girls and sometimes even the ones who like them in an aro/ace sorta way.
View attachment 29820
Not too sure about the rest of the board but Tadakoro-san's already been licensed (albeit digital only) by Digital Manga Inc. They seem to have quite a few yuri titles on site but unfortunately no physical releases as far as I can tell.

Here's a link to their Tadakoro-san collection.

Not too sure about the rest of the board but Tadakoro-san's already been licensed (albeit digital only) by Digital Manga Inc. They seem to have quite a few yuri titles on site but unfortunately no physical releases as far as I can tell.

Here's a link to their Tadakoro-san collection.
Yeah, with the handful of stuff where it's licensed but tied to a digital only subscription service, I am engaging in full on hopium and just praying someone licenses for physical copies someday. It has happened before a couple times so it isn't completely without precedent.

Back