"But we're both girls!" - The Yuri Thread

I finished the fourth Magirevo light novel today. It's real, real fkin good oh my god. Nowhere near as angsty or dramatic as the third one, but it's definitely my favourite. Vague spoiler warning: this entire novel does so much to advance their "revolution", and Anis & Euphie's relationship gets taken to a whole new level. I couldn't believe what I was reading at couple points, it made me squeal with joy. My queer heart is all full after reading this, it's so amazing. Now to wait four months for the next one.

I finished the fourth Magirevo light novel today. It's real, real fkin good oh my god. Nowhere near as angsty or dramatic as the third one, but it's definitely my favourite. Vague spoiler warning: this entire novel does so much to advance their "revolution", and Anis & Euphie's relationship gets taken to a whole new level. I couldn't believe what I was reading at couple points, it made me squeal with joy. My queer heart is all full after reading this, it's so amazing. Now to wait four months for the next one.

twiddles thumbs

Aww waiting sucks, let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos! :p

A friend in my yuri club made this and I feel like it would be selfish of me not to post it here as well. It is almost painful how accurate some of this is.

By the way I am self aware enough to realise that 70% of all posts on this thread appear to just be me now lol. I'm sorry but this is just what I am.

Yuri-depth.png

By the way I am self aware enough to realise that 70% of all posts on this thread appear to just be me now lol. I'm sorry but this is just what I am.
I'm glad someone is keeping the thread alive. I have a lot of GL manga on my wishlist, but I'm having a hard time getting around to it with all the anime and games in my backlog at the moment.

I'm currently rewatching Dear Brother though, which is classic old-school GL and a rare early case of the genre not hiding behind Class-S ambiguity. Oh lawd are some of those girls a mess in the head though. 😅

I'm glad someone is keeping the thread alive. I have a lot of GL manga on my wishlist, but I'm having a hard time getting around to it with all the anime and games in my backlog at the moment.

I'm currently rewatching Dear Brother though, which is classic old-school GL and a rare early case of the genre not hiding behind Class-S ambiguity. Oh lawd are some of those girls a mess in the head though. 😅
Ooo just read the synopsis for that and it sounds like a real "feel bad" show. I need to add that to the watch list.

I was expecting Kodama Naoko to appear as her own entity tbh!
Oh god Syrup. V2 left me straight up depressed
I still collect Syrup just because there are always one or two standout stories in each volume (there's a story in V1 that always makes me cry even though it's like 8 pages). However the overall quality of each volume is definitely lower than similar series like Eclair. Plus there have been one or two in Syrup that I've just found straight up disturbing, and I'm pretty open to most stuff in yuri manga.

Ooo just read the synopsis for that and it sounds like a real "feel bad" show. I need to add that to the watch list.
It's only available as a region-locked US blu-ray, unfortunately. If you have the means to watch it, I'd say order it sooner rather than later. It's been sitting in Right Stuff's last chance section for a while, so it's probably hovering on the edge of going out of print. Discotek warned people when they first licenced it that it was a shorter licence duration than usual.

It's only available as a region-locked US blu-ray, unfortunately. If you have the means to watch it, I'd say order it sooner rather than later. It's been sitting in Right Stuff's last chance section for a while, so it's probably hovering on the edge of going out of print. Discotek warned people when they first licenced it that it was a shorter licence duration than usual.
When I eventually watch it, we'll just "say" I bought the blu-ray then. 😇

Picked up latest volume of Konohana Kitan 12. Interesting reading Amano's comments about how when she pitched the idea to a shonen publisher they wanted her to make a boy the protagonist (naturally given it was a shonen magazine) which she was debating but then they requested her to make a harem of foxes for him and it was at that point she just said no and walked away

Several years later she got the finally to make her manga and I am so happy for her :)

Picked up latest volume of Konohana Kitan 12. Interesting reading Amano's comments about how when she pitched the idea to a shonen publisher they wanted her to make a boy the protagonist (naturally given it was a shonen magazine) which she was debating but then they requested her to make a harem of foxes for him and it was at that point she just said no and walked away

Several years later she got the finally to make her manga and I am so happy for her :)
I didn't realise there was anything yuri about that story. Well, that one's getting bumped up my Crunchyroll watchlist.

Now that I have presumably (barring any catastrophic shipping problems) collected all of Bloom Into You I am gonna move onto another Seven Seas series with volumes that will make me wanna tear my hair out. I'm gonna be somewhat controversial too. Time to collect all of Citrus. 😁
This took an unreasonably long time. Some of those volumes were indeed horrible to find, but in the end Blackwells pulled through for me (after weeks of waiting for their slow-ass dispatch). I finally have a full base set, and I just need to get up to the current Citrus+ volume now.

My brain is ever so slightly upset that the spine printing on 7 is a bit off and that 6 is taller with the cover made of different paper for some unfathomable reason. Reprinting quirks no doubt, I'm still happy though.
Fw9-xevX0AAqloM.jpeg

Last edited:
I know a few have already noticed it, but I'm gonna start putting license announcement stuff in this thread from now on just to make the information easier to find.

Back