Brainjar TV - HdE's Youtube channel

animefreak17 said:

Indeed.

I've taken the pro-active stance this time around. Before, I was happy to edit videos and work around them. Now that they're going out of their way to falsely claim my content as their own, they've got a few nasty surprises to look forward to.

I mean come on your reviewing them *fair use*

I bet it's some jealous kid who wishes he could review anime and when he saw yours he said..... If I can't make a review then il claim this as my own and destroy his channel.... or it could be someone who has too much time on there hands

animefreak17 said:
I mean come on your reviewing them *fair use*

I bet it's some jealous kid who wishes he could review anime and when he saw yours he said..... If I can't make a review then il claim this as my own and destroy his channel.... or it could be someone who has too much time on there hands

They're Italian scammers, AF. They claim to be a TV / distribution network enforcing copyright on Youtube for 'their clients' - but it's an extemely dubious claim at best. Toei send out quite a few content claims in their own right. They certainly don't need an Italian non-entity to do it for them.

There's also the issue that they're claiming video game footage on Let's Plays and material on reviews of more than a few shows that a little digging reveals they have no concrete connection to. Attack on Titan, for instance, which is not ony distributed in Italy by a company called DYNIT, but even goes under a different title to the one YAM112003 state on their claims.

As for the details of my wrangles so far with these scumbags, including a few comments on how fair use plays into this, it's worth giving this a look:
https://youtu.be/dXG2wMR8Lxc

You know what? I'm just going to vent here a bit. Because this is all really frustrating, and I can't keep this in.

I knew going in that there would be potential pitfalls like these false copyright claims. And I did my due dilligence looking at Youtube' system and reading up on the stuff I needed to know so that I could ensure I was legally in the clear. But to encounter people so clearly willing to abuse the system is disheartening. And to be having these issues at this stage in my channel's development is a real kick in the teeth.

I'm trying to grow the channel and turn it into something that people will find useful and actually want to watch. And the process of doing that means I need to create content, post it, gauge how it performs and find out what does and doesn't work for the folks watching it. I need to make mistakes and learn from them. And I need to work out how to strike th balance between providing content that people enjoy and content that I personally want to create.

But no. Some bunch of theiving scumbags want to hobble the channel by forcing me to remove videos while lengthy disputes are in progress. Disputes which will probably only be rejected and force me to re-upload the affected videos, losing views, likes and comments as I go. And evidently, those videos are only likely to be flagged again. And this throws a massive spanner in the works.

What's to be done, though? All you can do is keep creating and fight the obstacles as they appear. And then ultimately decide whether the fighting is worthwhile.

Thanks to everyone who's supporting the channel so far - either with views, comments, likes, subs, or less directly with posts here and on Facebook. You all make it feel a bit more worthwhile and less of a slog.

I know what you mean... I'm in the processes of making my video and .... yeah it's hard work ... at least for me it's taken me 2 weeks to make this video I'm making bit by bit an it is disheartening and it makes me. Want to give up thinking... Will all this be worthwhile ... when you have morons like yam112003 that is giving false claims YouTube should go back to the old way of doing things......why can't YouTube round up people like yam and shut them out of YouTube for good.

I mean it's hard enough that the robot gives grief to us because they see a hint of a video or a hint of a song ..... I mean watch this

http://youtu.be/JQfHdasuWtI

Yep - I've seen many a rant on the subject.

Here's a thing, though - and this is something I've been talking with a few folks about for a while now. Lots of people rant about these injustices, but there's surprisingly little useful commentary in all that stuff.

I've spotted a lot of folks saying, with specific regard to YAM112003, that they've found ways to overturn content claims. But hardly any of them actually post details of their methods. And a lot of folks state things on the matter without citing references or sources of information to back them up.

This is a problem, because you end up with a lot of noise and little actual info.

So I got the standard Youtube response today after complaining about Yam112003. Basically, because I filed a dispute against their claim AFTER I emailed Youtube to complain, they want me to go that route or email them.

I've explained to them that Yam112003 simply don't appear interested in responding to messages or emails.

Yay. This is going to be a slog.

animefreak17 said:
Bastards

What is the standard and what was you using

The response is basically 'Hey, we're looking into it...' followed by 'Oh, we see it's in the dispute process.'

Yam112003 rejected my dispute today, as I confidently predicted they would. I also noticed that a video I'd posted which detailed my difficulties with them had suddenly lost its monetisation options. VERY SUSPICIOUS. So, that's been deletd and replaced with a new version of the video, and re-monetised.

I've also set my Harlock review to 'private', so that these scamming sacks of crap don't earn anything off it. Which means I'm one video down.

Looks like I'll have to email Yam112003 and demand they release their claim. So that means setting up a new email account (I'm buggered if I'm giving my personal email out to people who look 95% certain to be scam artists!) and sending off more legal language.

I think we should buy a baseball bat hunt this guy down and do his knees in with it.

There system is crap....

One day people will get sick of it and will just back down from YouTube and the less people uploading videos the less people will go to YouTube but I guess that's wishful thinking

I figured I would try and do some additional research on this matter.

Since they 'claim' to be living in Italy, it's a risk but would it work by blocking Italy from your channel? I know it's not the best solution but it could make a difference since they won't be able to view your videos (assuming they can't). That way every time you release a video they can't access that video and thus they can't copyright claim whatever is on there (assuming it works).

UPDATE:

It seems like Yam112003 could be representing Yamato Video, an Italian distributor. They even have an official YouTube channel called Yamato Animation "Powered by YAM112003" and a website dedicated to it.

It seems like the company in general is legit but they have no sense of fair use for anyone outside Italy.

If it doesn't go anywhere then I suggest you might as well start a new channel (a backup at the very least) and slightly tweak your existing videos so they won't notice it again. If you have social media (like Twitter) you could inform your existing subscribers (even private message them on YouTube if needed) about this so they would know what's going on.

Thanks for that info, NormanicGrav.

Unfortunately, none of the above is a solution once you get into how Youtube works. Unless you're part of a network on Youtube, you have no way of blocking countries from seeing your videos. At least, to the best of my knowledge. And setting up a second channel will invitably see me lose a large number of views, subscribers and the tiny bit of money the channel has already earned for me.

The connection to Yamato is something I found out about a while ago. The bottom line though, is that their methodology is still dodgy. Why are they claiming video game content? Why are they claiming shows they have no distribution deal for? Its all dody as sin. Dodgy, dodgy, dodgy.

I've got a plan, though. I'll keep everyone posted as to what happens next.

Well, I've hd to squish my Youtube activity for today into the wee small hours.

Something I'm considering, and I'd like to gauge opinion on this:

I'm considering setting up a dual channel over on Youtube and starting from scratch. If I do this, it'll be re-named to give it more solid branding and I'll keep the old channel as a 'dummy' to test videos against the content ID system. I've no idea how happy Youtube might be for me to do this. This might help me to defet the scammers, who are clearly just going to sit on my channel and claim stuff at their whim.

This is honestly a last resort scenario, as I'm in the process of trying to contact YAM112003 via email.

The problem is, if I start from scratch, I stand to lose a pretty good head start on my channel. For example, I garnered an amazing number of views on one video in particular, and that's all going to be GONE if I re-start. With no guarantee that I won't experience further issues down the line.

So, I just want to ask: Who of the forum users here would be happy to support me by re-subbing or following a new channel?

animefreak17 said:
how do you know they arent watching us now and are thinking...... ok if he does that ill still give false clams

Ha! Even my legendary paranoia doesn't go that far. :p

If I do undertake a channel migration - which I stress is a desperate measure - then I certainly won't be crowing about it on Youtube. It'll just happen.

The other alternative is that I loo into setting up over on DailyMotion. They're Youtube's biggest rival, apparently, and are much more accepting of material using copyrighted material under fair use terms. The trade off is that they have 1% of the traffic.

I'll mull this over until the end of the year and see what transpires in the meantime.

Interesting note though: I got my second ever dislike on Youtube today. Oddly enough on the only other video Yam112003 have content claimed. I can't prove anything, but I do think this could be them. They seem to excel at douchebaggery.

Actually I have been on that a couple of times ..... It's actually really good.

I'm hoping one day dailymotion will surpass YouTube and be something like YouTube.... but non of the douch bag copyright crap

Back