Brainjar TV - HdE's Youtube channel

Sorry for ruining your thread with my annoyance but

How's this for a Spoiler sign

WARNING!!!!

This video WILL contain spoiler of the following presentation.

If you haven't seen the following series and/or movie stop
This video and go watch the original content.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I'd drop the 'YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED' part at the end, unless you're going for a tongue in cheek statement.

Really, all you need to cover yourself is a spoiler alert (I was a douchebag in my Gundam OO movie review and posted one seconds before my spoiler remarks. because I'm secretly not nice at all.)

I'd advise you get a Fair Use disclaimer up as well as an age appropriate content warning if you need it. I occasionally use naughty words in my reviews and show some stuff that could be considered scary or icky, so that makes sense for me.

Best bet is to find a way to combine these into one disclaimer. Too much at the front end of your video will turn people off. I think even my intros are debatably too long.

HdE said:
I'd drop the 'YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED' part at the end, unless you're going for a tongue in cheek statement.

Really, all you need to cover yourself is a spoiler alert (I was a douchebag in my Gundam OO movie review and posted one seconds before my spoiler remarks. because I'm secretly not nice at all.)

I'd advise you get a Fair Use disclaimer up as well as an age appropriate content warning if you need it. I occasionally use naughty words in my reviews and show some stuff that could be considered scary or icky, so that makes sense for me.

Best bet is to find a way to combine these into one disclaimer. Too much at the front end of your video will turn people off. I think even my intros are debatably too long.

No be a douchebag....... in a good way..... what I mean is you need to be tough in your videos otherwise people will walk all over you then they will demand you to review things you haven't seen or something that will take you ages to do...... I saw thus video on YouTube saying.... be a bastard.... because not everyone will agree with your arguments and rants so you need to stand firm.

And no need to worry I copied your disclaimer fair use and made my own style.

Note to self make disclaimer and spoiler shorter

animefreak17 said:
No be a douchebag....... in a good way..... what I mean is you need to be tough in your videos otherwise people will walk all over you then they will demand you to review things you haven't seen or something that will take you ages to do...... I saw thus video on YouTube saying.... be a bastard.... because not everyone will agree with your arguments and rants so you need to stand firm.

That doesn't seem douchey at all, AF. I'm just a bit unsure as to why you bring it up.

Bottom line is, the only content that's going to appear on my channel is content I feel inclined to create. I'm not really interested in arguing with anybody on Youtube or elsewhere about opinions on shows or as expressed in my videos, for two reasons:

1. It's just anime.
2. Life is too short.

I think it might be worth stating here: If people want to discuss different points of view or opinions over on my Youtube channel, that's absolutely fine, and I encourage it. I don't mind people disagreeing with anything I say in a review. If they can say why they disagree, that's even better.

I actually get into this stuff briefly in an upcoming video.

I did get around to watching The Sky Crawlers the other day and I'm glad that I did, I've put up some thoughts on the relevant thread (I guess I went on about it a bit, though I kind of feel that I just scratched the surface).

With regard to the ending, I wonder if I saw a bit more of a positive note than you did. Specifically that Suito seems happier to see the new arrival, which implied a possibility of a more positive outcome at some point in the future. Either way, I did really like the way the ending was handled.

I do wonder why they decided not to show you the new arrival's face, maybe they just wanted to avoid being too blatant but I wonder if there's more to it than that.

Having watched the film, my comments about thinking I might have seen it before but not really remembering kind of take on a different meaning (what a scary thought).

Last edited by a moderator:
Smeelia said:
I did get around to watching The Sky Crawlers the other day and I'm glad that I did, I've put up some thoughts on the relevant thread (I guess I went on about it a bit, though I kind of feel that I just scratched the surface).

By that, did you mean you'd commented on Youtube? I went looking for comments there, but couldn't see anything. The Tchube seems to be funny about when it decides to show me stuff, though. Including important stuff like my stats. Natch.

Glad my comments were enough to make you check the movie out, though. I really do like The Sky Crawlers a great deal. One of the things I enjoy about it is that it's a movie that can genuinely give you a different experience if you've already seen it once before. For a film that often gets criticised as having 'nothing happening in it' I actually think there's a lot of stuff that it leaves you to work out for yourself. There's a lot of seeding of information done by way of giving the audience the clues they need to put it all together.

The following's spoilered for the benefit of anybody who hasn't seen the movie and wants to avoid having the ending given away:

And even though it's a downbeat ending, I do think there's a positive aspect to the finale. But what I like about it more is the way it hints at other story detail. Yuichi is pretty obviously a clone. And it's reasonable to suggests that, as the Kildren do not age, Suito has very likely fallen into a cycle of falling in love with him and watching him die over and over - and one of these clones could even be the father of Suito's daughter. I even have a half notion that The Teacher may be the 'original' Yuichi. But that's more my crazy fan speculation.

HdE said:
By that, did you mean you'd commented on Youtube? I went looking for comments there, but couldn't see anything. The Tchube seems to be funny about when it decides to show me stuff, though. Including important stuff like my stats. Natch.
I meant the rating thread (where I never rate things) in the general anime discussion section (though I notice you've seen that).

That's some interesting speculation, I guess it could make sense Yuichi suggesting that Teacher is his "father" if he's actually the original donor for that line of clones. I have to say, I'm not sure if they're even supposed to be clones or if they actually regenerate in some way but then I don't know if there's supposed to be a definite answer on that anyway. I suppose it'd be tough to recover some of the bodies so clones seems more likely but I guess they've left possibilities out there, especially if you go into things like whether they're actually the same people and if they have souls or whatever. If they are clones, you have to wonder if they stick to one "model" per area and if there might be others with the same face out there at the same time. It might have been interesting to see what the pilot from another theatre looked like (or even the enemy pilots).

You're right about the ending, there's really quite a lot that goes on especially towards the end of the film. I think it's kind of impressive that they can suggest so much without giving blatant answers but also without feeling like they're just saying random things or saying nothing at all.

Smeelia said:
HdE said:
I have to say, I'm not sure if they're even supposed to be clones or if they actually regenerate in some way but then I don't know if there's supposed to be a definite answer on that anyway. I suppose it'd be tough to recover some of the bodies so clones seems more likely but I guess they've left possibilities out there, especially if you go into things like whether they're actually the same people and if they have souls or whatever. If they are clones, you have to wonder if they stick to one "model" per area and if there might be others with the same face out there at the same time. It might have been interesting to see what the pilot from another theatre looked like (or even the enemy pilots).[/spoiler]

I've not read them, but I'm pretty sure the concept in MORI Hiroshi's novels is that they're clones.

Smeelia said:
You're right about the ending, there's really quite a lot that goes on especially towards the end of the film. I think it's kind of impressive that they can suggest so much without giving blatant answers but also without feeling like they're just saying random things or saying nothing at all.

That comment hits on why I say the movie can be a different experience second (or even third or fourth) time aound. Apparently throwaway comments made throughout the film carry much deeper meaning when you puzzle out the story's revelations.

There's a shot about two thirds of the way in where the animation fakes a wide angle zoom in on Yuichi as he starts putting things together. No dialogue. Just an ominous, crawling zoom in on his face. I take that as Oshii saying 'well done, and thank you for watching this movie again in efforts to better understand it. Now admit it - this is YOU right now, isn't it?'

Two weeks hath come to pass since the last review, and lo! Another doth appear!

As voted for in my first ever viewers' poll (and it was a close thing in the end) this week's review is of CAPTAIN HARLOCK - SPACE PIRATE from 1978. The first ever Harlock anime, this one's currently available from Discotek Media at a reasonable price for 42 episodes in one set.

Linky:
https://youtu.be/TzW9LfshqDs

In a rather wearying turn of events, I've had to re-upload my Blassreiter review from a couple of weeks back.

Here's a tale of intrigue:

We know that Youtube's copyright claim system is a bit of a pain. But something bizarre happened today that unearthed a rather unsavoury side to it.

During the making of my Captain Harlock review, which was posted this morning, I had to re-edit it several times to dodge repeated third party matched content claims by an entity calling itself yam112003 Endemol. More on these jokers later.

Each claim was rather bizarre. I'd had an issue with my Sky Crawlers review previously where Sony Pictures had claimed large chunks of the footage used through the Content ID system, which refused me the option of monetising that video until I pared it back to static images and a commentary. This time, though, yam112003 Endemol had claimed some very random material. And by making a third party matched content claim, it meant that IMMEDIATELY, they would benefit from monetisation on that video instead of me.

After three attempts, my video finally posted unflagged. And after being posted publicly, something very curious happened. My Captain Harlock video earned an instant 'dislike'. Initially, I thought nothing of this. Because Youtube dislikes mean NOTHING. But at the same time, I noticed a fresh third party matched content claim on my two-weeks-old Blassreiter review.

I'm making a huge assumption here, but it feels as if the two are somehow connected. Especially given the timeframe.

My solution has been to remove the Blassreiter video from public review and dispute the claim. I've also replaced the claimed material - which, amusingly enough, contained original graphics that I had created for the video, and re-uploaded it.

I've taken this matter up with Youtube. And let me tell you, this is gonna be a FUN conversation.

HdE said:
In a rather wearying turn of events, I've had to re-upload my Blassreiter review from a couple of weeks back.

Here's a tale of intrigue:

We know that Youtube's copyright claim system is a bit of a pain. But something bizarre happened today that unearthed a rather unsavoury side to it.

During the making of my Captain Harlock review, which was posted this morning, I had to re-edit it several times to dodge repeated third party matched content claims by an entity calling itself yam112003 Endemol. More on these jokers later.

Each claim was rather bizarre. I'd had an issue with my Sky Crawlers review previously where Sony Pictures had claimed large chunks of the footage used through the Content ID system, which refused me the option of monetising that video until I pared it back to static images and a commentary. This time, though, yam112003 Endemol had claimed some very random material. And by making a third party matched content claim, it meant that IMMEDIATELY, they would benefit from monetisation on that video instead of me.

After three attempts, my video finally posted unflagged. And after being posted publicly, something very curious happened. My Captain Harlock video earned an instant 'dislike'. Initially, I thought nothing of this. Because Youtube dislikes mean NOTHING. But at the same time, I noticed a fresh third party matched content claim on my two-weeks-old Blassreiter review.

I'm making a huge assumption here, but it feels as if the two are somehow connected. Especially given the timeframe.

My solution has been to remove the Blassreiter video from public review and dispute the claim. I've also replaced the claimed material - which, amusingly enough, contained original graphics that I had created for the video, and re-uploaded it.

I've taken this matter up with Youtube. And let me tell you, this is gonna be a FUN conversation.

You think someone might be stalking you and trying to mess things up? That instant dislike is very fishy to me.

I have some news regarding this 'yam112003 Endemol'. You're not the only one having this problem.

Thanks, guys. Dealing with this has honestly been a drain.

At this point, because of the timing of certain events, and the fact that my subscriber count is still low enough that I can kind of put faces to the screen names over there, things do look quite suspicious.

Yam112003 Endemol is a well known toublemaker. They look outright fraudulent to me. It's tough to find any hard and fast facts about them, but it appears that they have NO relationship to Attack On Titan - the show they most frequently make claims on - whatsoever. If that's actually the case, then it establishes that they're in the business of falsely claiming content and hoovering up ad revenue. It's also a bit suspicious that they seem to be claiming a lot of game footage as well... which, if they're a TV entity, as they claim, is certainly weird.

I've complained directly to Youtube. In the meantime, they rejected my couter claim on the Blassreiter review. So I've simply deleted that video and re-uploaded it with the claimed material replaced. Folks have been really good about going back to watch the video to show support. But I've lost half the views and all the comments.

I'll keep an eye on this situation and apply a bit more pressure if I have any further problems with yam112003. At ths point, though, I'm sufficiently satisfied that they're not on the up and up that my instinct is to campaign for their removal from Youtube.

Oh, also: thanks for the link, NormanicGrav. Somebody else directed me to that yesterday. It's very clear that these guys need to be dealt with.

New Talking Point video is up on my channel concerning my wrangles with YAM112003.

I dunno if it'll accomplish anything, but at least I've spoken out against them.

BlackStrat said:
Is it me or does your Harlock video get cut short? It's nothing too bad though, just thought I'd point it out.

So it does! That's bizarre - the timing may have been thrown off when I excised some contentious footage.
Ah well... I think I can live with that. I'll update my back-up of the video, though, in case I have to re-post it at some point.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

SOUND THE ALARM! It's time for a new review on the channel!

This time around, the item laid out on my table for critical dissection is 2014's Appleseed Alpha. So, if super-swish CG movies and cyborgs are your bag, take a look via this link:
https://youtu.be/4Qq0LuxzB5A

YAY. Yam112003 Endemol strikes again.

If you enjoyed the 1978 Harlock review, I sure hope you all made sure you got a good look at it. Because my favourite fraudsters have struck again with not one but TWO manual claims on it.

I'm going to suspend the posting of new videos until I've got this sorted out. I've just sent off a pretty substantial complaint to Youtube, as well as a fresh dispute form. I'll have to see if I can force a DMCA takedown as well so I can issue a counter notice.

Time to play hardball.

Back