Beez Entertainment Discussion

Hello all!
I am a recent fan of anime and have to admit that Cowboy Bebop is my favorite series. Does anyone know what is the situation with beez entertainment and a possible release in region 2?

At the moment there is simply no way in finding the genuine box set. Only bootlegs...

Does anyone know if this is for a reprint/release?
Thank you!

Unas said:
Hello all!
I am a recent fan of anime and have to admit that Cowboy Bebop is my favorite series. Does anyone know what is the situation with beez entertainment and a possible release in region 2?

At the moment there is simply no way in finding the genuine box set. Only bootlegs...

Does anyone know if this is for a reprint/release?
Thank you!
Yeah, the Remix set is out of print. I asked Beez's Twitter back in January, and they said we should expect another print run 'soon'.

Just Passing Through said:
Has Beez got a release date for Sora no Woto yet?

Especially now that Nozomi have set a *firm* date of Summer 2011 for the US Region 1 release...

Interesting. In Germany the show will be releasd by ALIVE. Streetdate is the 24th of June. German/English subs only.

Doc said:

Especially now that Nozomi have set a *firm* date of Summer 2011 for the US Region 1 release...

Interesting. In Germany the show will be releasd by ALIVE. Streetdate is the 24th of June. German/English subs only.

The US date has been confirmed as 5th July...

And it's got a juicy set of extras in an LE release...

14 episodes across 4 discs plus...

Scene access, Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo audio for Japanese dialogue, English subtitles and English on-screen translations. PLUS: U.S. trailer, alternate version of Episode 1 (with full opening credits sequence), character bios, line art gallery and Nozomi trailers. AND: A 40-page book featuring series artwork and staff commentaries.

Doc said:

The US date has been confirmed as 5th July...

And it's got a juicy set of extras in an LE release...

14 episodes across 4 discs plus...

Scene access, Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo audio for Japanese dialogue, English subtitles and English on-screen translations. PLUS: U.S. trailer, alternate version of Episode 1 (with full opening credits sequence), character bios, line art gallery and Nozomi trailers. AND: A 40-page book featuring series artwork and staff commentaries.

Wow, now I´m really jealous. The german edit. has only 3 discs and that´s it. But I´v found my mistake. The distributor is ALIVE but the label is BEEZ Ent.

UK Anime Net has reviewed the Anime Legends Lucky Star Collection and although it isn't confirmed as yet, the chat in their forum is about the set having had its extras stripped.

If this turns out to be the case, then all I can say is Beez = fail!

For a similar price, you could import the US Anime Legends release, and the OVA disc, and you'll get all the extras. Once again less value for money for the UK.

That's if this turns out to be the case. Roll on next Monday, or not depending on the outcome.

UK Anime Net has reviewed the Anime Legends Lucky Star Collection and although it isn't confirmed as yet, the chat in their forum is about the set having had its extras stripped.

For a similar price, you could import the US Anime Legends release, and the OVA disc, and you'll get all the extras. Once again less value for money for the UK.

That's if this turns out to be the case. Roll on next Monday, or not depending on the outcome.
Note that:

Hanners said:
We weren't able to review the final UK copy of this release explicitly, so I can't comment for definite on the state of its extras or lack thereof at the moment I'm afraid.

Not that the US Anime Legends release has any particularly exciting extras that I can remember of note.

..they were just given a screener copy, so there might be some extras in the final copy..

Paradox295 said:

Note that:

Hanners said:
We weren't able to review the final UK copy of this release explicitly, so I can't comment for definite on the state of its extras or lack thereof at the moment I'm afraid.

Not that the US Anime Legends release has any particularly exciting extras that I can remember of note.

..they were just given a screener copy, so there might be some extras in the final copy..

I've had my fair share of screener copies when it comes to anime, although admittedly no Beez screeners. Only once was the final retail release ever different from the screener copy, and that was Paranoia Agent V3 from MVM, when the BBFC demanded it be cut. Usually what is on the screener is what will be released.

Another indication that the extras have been stripped is the BBFC website...

That's 24 episodes and 1 OVA of Lucky Star certified, and absolutely no extra material, not even textless credits. Again, sometime extras do get past the BBFC, as in the Blu-ray Eden of the East and Sengoku Basara, but not often.

If there are no extras then it's not a conscious choice - it's that they weren't supplied by whoever sent them the masters. I've seen that situation in reverse before (i.e. with Gundam Seed and the OVA+ being provided when the USA didn't receive it until later).

I've asked though as the US AL set says it has:

DVD Extras: Key Scenes Galleries / Textless Opening w/ Lyrics / Promo Clip / The Adventures of Minoru Shiraishi

Will let you know, I've requested an answer to this and the Outlaw Star query.

Andrew

beez_andrew said:

If there are no extras then it's not a conscious choice - it's that they weren't supplied by whoever sent them the masters. I've seen that situation in reverse before (i.e. with Gundam Seed and the OVA+ being provided when the USA didn't receive it until later).

I've asked though as the US AL set says it has:

DVD Extras: Key Scenes Galleries / Textless Opening w/ Lyrics / Promo Clip / The Adventures of Minoru Shiraishi

Will let you know, I've requested an answer to this and the Outlaw Star query.

Andrew

It looks like it's a false alarm.

At least according to this post...

http://forums.animeuknews.net/viewtopic.php?p=320400#320400

An early recipient of the set confirms that the extras are on the discs.

Mightily odd that they weren't BBFC'd though.

Yeah that is a great question! when r all the shows you annocuned at the last expo in October coming out? It's been ages since I have heard anything about them

It's out in Australia already, what's the holdup.
I do look at siren's lineup and laugh at how bad all the UK companies are by comparison.
They've got Kaiba FFS, why can no UK companies go after stuff that isnt licensed in English already, but the smaller of the two Australian ones can.

Possibly they have some close personal ties to Japanese companies?

I would rather like both Yojohan Shinwa Taikei and Kaiba, though.

Professor Irony said:
Is there any word on a UK release for The Tatami Galaxy?

Due for release in time for MCM Expo October :)! Before that will be also Soranowoto, Sora Kake Girl and others - will do a full list when a friend at Beez sends it over.

Andrew,
Still very definitely a Kaze-based person.

beez_andrew said:
Professor Irony said:
Is there any word on a UK release for The Tatami Galaxy?

Due for release in time for MCM Expo October :)! Before that will be also Soranowoto, Sora Kake Girl and others - will do a full list when a friend at Beez sends it over.

Andrew,
Still very definitely a Kaze-based person.
we want thee complete collection of big O not a few episodes on dvd the beez release of big O isn't a complete collection its missing at least 5 seasons i think

Back