Beez Entertainment Discussion

Reaper gI said:
they're selling it at JP prices remeber so ~£30 is about right
Yup, it's pretty much the Amazon Japan discounted price turned into £££s. Although it was quite amazing of them to predict how low the £ would fall against the ¥ by the time it came out over here. ^^;

Completely off the current topic, but as it came up in discussion elsewhere:

Was it my imagination, or did I read somewhere that Beez might have been interested in releasing Wings Of Honneamise over here?

I'm seeing a lot of discussion about this oldie - as well as several other shows that were here many moons ago, but have sinced vanished. Strikes me there's a real appetite for these if some enterprising fellows were to bring 'em back to the UK.

WHats up with the availability of the the Anime Legends release of Gundam Seed Part One, too? Seems to be out of stock everywhere, and on several weeks before stock is due back in?

I've always found Beez prices to be sketchy. Which, as much as I love Gundam 00, is why I haven't brought volume 3 yet. As much as my friend bugged me to watch Code Geass, I didn't buy it until I get could 50% off the original RRP (HMV originally sold it for £40, I got it for £20).

And on a less important note...do they have to shrink wrap the Code Geass DVDs THAT tight? Out of the 3 DVDs I've got so far, R2 Volume 1 was the only one where I didn't end up ripping the little slip of paper with the blurb etc.

I'd never buy a Beez series as a blind buy, just because they're so expensive. Code Geass was close to being a blind buy, but I'd previously read volume 1 of the manga (Had to buy it, "Holy Empire of Britannia" Sold me).

That said though, I found the Anime Legends boxsets of Gundam SEED good value.

devilrules666 said:
yeah i have the same problem. do u know what the problem is chaos? anything serious?
Yes I know what the problem is, but I won't get my hosting company to fix it. I need to find me some time to migrate hosts again :(

Ryu Shoji said:
I've always found Beez prices to be sketchy. Which, as much as I love Gundam 00, is why I haven't brought volume 3 yet. As much as my friend bugged me to watch Code Geass, I didn't buy it until I get could 50% off the original RRP (HMV originally sold it for £40, I got it for £20).

And on a less important note...do they have to shrink wrap the Code Geass DVDs THAT tight? Out of the 3 DVDs I've got so far, R2 Volume 1 was the only one where I didn't end up ripping the little slip of paper with the blurb etc.

I'd never buy a Beez series as a blind buy, just because they're so expensive. Code Geass was close to being a blind buy, but I'd previously read volume 1 of the manga (Had to buy it, "Holy Empire of Britannia" Sold me).

That said though, I found the Anime Legends boxsets of Gundam SEED good value.

You should use a penknife to carefully cut into the "page" section if you think of it as a book. That's how I opened em, not torn one =) Once the first nick is made you can peel it off easy.

And yeah, I bought CG full price cos I love it, Gundam 00 I love, but not £75 love =P but I luckily took advantage of; Use copy of v1 on Amazon (which then got refunded cos the disc froze, but I then fixed with a £2 disc cleaning), v2 on play when a pricing mistake put it at £4.99 and v3 for about £20. So pretty much I got all 3 for the price of one (which is reasonable IMO =))

Rob F1UK said:
Any news on the release date(s) for Gundam 00 Season 2 at all yet? :)

Beez twittered yesterday in response to my Q above that they expect to start releasing Gundam 00 S2 in Q4 this year (so sometime from Oct-Dec).

I'm just waiting for the gurren lagann prices to drop or for a box set to come out. I saw an American version of the boxset for £31 (legal one too) on a site but I prefer buying from the UK to support the industry here. It's hard when they price you out a little though.

C'mon Andrew get a box out so I can get the series, I watched it by renting it from love film months ago and still haven't got it due to the price :cry:

--Sigil--Otaku-- said:
I'm just waiting for the gurren lagann prices to drop or for a box set to come out. I saw an American version of the boxset for £31 (legal one too) on a site but I prefer buying from the UK to support the industry here.

Good on you! This is what I'm doing too. Since I became aware of the difficulties faced by UK distributors, I've vowed to support them as often as I can.

--Sigil--Otaku-- said:
I'm just waiting for the gurren lagann prices to drop or for a box set to come out. I saw an American version of the boxset for £31 (legal one too) on a site but I prefer buying from the UK to support the industry here. It's hard when they price you out a little though.

C'mon Andrew get a box out so I can get the series, I watched it by renting it from love film months ago and still haven't got it due to the price :cry:

I'm exactly the same. It was a good series, but not £75 good.

Back