Beez Entertainment Discussion

Hi, I'm new here.

Dear Andrew, now that the Gundam Wing Anime Legend is released (only the first part), I just want to let you know that I am going to wait until both parts are released before I ask you to send me the replacement discs for my original Gundam Wing Remastered Version. Hope that is okay for you.

For anyone wondering, I met with Andrew at the Anime Expo in May and told him about the subtitles, picture glitches, inconsistent spelling mistakes that I have written down and sent it as a Word document thru email to him. This is the reason why the Anime Legends part 1 was delayed by one week.

I do hope that all the mistakes I mentioned has been rectified.

Any questions, please reply and I will answer back asap since i'm new here. :D

lonelywolf23786 said:
Hi, I'm new here.

Dear Andrew, now that the Gundam Wing Anime Legend is released (only the first part), I just want to let you know that I am going to wait until both parts are released before I ask you to send me the replacement discs for my original Gundam Wing Remastered Version. Hope that is okay for you.

For anyone wondering, I met with Andrew at the Anime Expo in May and told him about the subtitles, picture glitches, inconsistent spelling mistakes that I have written down and sent it as a Word document thru email to him. This is the reason why the Anime Legends part 1 was delayed by one week.

Assuming this is the same person who's been going via email, Facebook and whatever other mediums possible to discuss this then yes to my knowledge it was but I was off ill during a chunk of the process I'm afraid!

It's possible that production had already begun when you sent your email though as the release was meant to be in July though! And remastering something takes a lot of time in labs at this time of year.

Also, it was actually delayed for 1 week because the DVD jackets were in French not English as well for your reference!

Best,

Andrew

beez_andrew said:
lonelywolf23786 said:
Hi, I'm new here.

Assuming this is the same person who's been going via email, Facebook and whatever other mediums possible to discuss this then yes to my knowledge it was but I was off ill during a chunk of the process I'm afraid!

It's possible that production had already begun when you sent your email though as the release was meant to be in July though! And remastering something takes a lot of time in labs at this time of year.

Also, it was actually delayed for 1 week because the DVD jackets were in French not English as well for your reference!

Best,

Andrew

Yeah this is the same person asking (Chinese guy with glasses) who mentioned it to you in person at expo, plus i emailed you via facebook. Thanks for replying earlier. I will wait for both parts to be released before I ask you again. Thank you

A question regarding the forthcoming Escaflowne Anime Legends set.

Will this comprise the same discs that were released originally in the UK, or will they be remastered, or resourced in someway. I was looking for some reviews (not that many around), and I found this of the original Part 2 collection from Beez, which mentioned a problem with missing subtitles in the final episode.

There's also mention of incorrectly flagged subtitles in Part 1

Was this actually the case originally?

I hope at least the missing subtitle issue can be fixed for the AL release.

Hi there, i have a question regarding the two UK Box Sets of "Planetes". What languages are on these DVDs? I would be especially interested in the german dub. Thanks in advance.

Whilst Planetes is fresh in my mind, any chance of / plans for this being released as an Anime Legends set? The UK box sets are increasingly difficult to find at any reasonable price (still about £60 - £70 for the two), but I may well go with them if it's going to be the only option for a while.

That's a bummer. It's difficult to find the two german Box Sets too, so i thought i could buy the UK Sets. Many Beez Titles are multilingual, a shame this isn't true for all Planetes Volumes.

Well, i really hope there will be an Anime Legends Release for this Series, i'm watching it on ANIMAX lately and wanted to buy the DVDs, but 120€ for one Box is a little bit too much i think.

Bester25 said:
That's a bummer. It's difficult to find the two german Box Sets too, so i thought i could buy the UK Sets. Many Beez Titles are multilingual, a shame this isn't true for all Planetes Volumes.

Well, i really hope there will be an Anime Legends Release for this Series, i'm watching it on ANIMAX lately and wanted to buy the DVDs, but 120€ for one Box is a little bit too much i think.

http://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?_ ... es&x=0&y=0

is it?

Ryo Chan said:
Bester25 said:

http://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?_ ... es&x=0&y=0

is it?
You think i'd pay nearly 200€ for used DVDs of ONE Anime Series? Ok, Box 1 is pretty cheap in some cases, some Internet Shops sell it for 30-35€, but its practically impossible to find Box 2 for an affordable price. The Single DVDs are pretty cheap too, but Volume 4 costs 45€ and Volume 5 is nowhere to be found, so thats not an option either. I for one hope for an Anime Legends release, the rather mediocre Witch Hunter Robin was realeased in this manner too, so it'd be a shame if Planetes would be permanently OOP.

I was just wondering, does Beez own the original Mobile Suit Gundam series? It's just I'd love to watch the original series rather than the three movies, but the singles released go for really high prices if at all nowadays. Even if its just a re-released of the old dub-only discs, would a Anime Legends release be plausible?

Andrew, is there any chance of Beez releasing complete series boxsets of Code Geass/R2? I really wanna pick this up but, as i've already stated, i only buy boxsets.

I don't care if it's Code Geass and R2 in 2 seperate boxsets, or all in one, but i would definately buy either.

Also, what about a complete boxet of Gundam 00's first season? You could release it to colaberate with the release of the 2nd season :)

Rogue257 said:
Andrew, is there any chance of Beez releasing complete series boxsets of Code Geass/R2? I really wanna pick this up but, as i've already stated, i only buy boxsets.

I don't care if it's Code Geass and R2 in 2 seperate boxsets, or all in one, but i would definately buy either.

Also, what about a complete boxet of Gundam 00's first season? You could release it to colaberate with the release of the 2nd season :)

I wouldn't worry, Anime Legends seems an inevitability these days =)

Just wondering- given the fact BEI will be showing Gundam 00: A Wakening of the Trailblazer in NY next month, any chance of beez doing a similar showing of the film at a UK event?

HellCat said:
Just wondering- given the fact BEI will be showing Gundam 00: A Wakening of the Trailblazer in NY next month, any chance of beez doing a similar showing of the film at a UK event?
More importantly... does it come with a box of Double O's?

*grins at Hellcat* :lol:

As well as the original Gundam series, I just noticed that .hack//roots is on anime legends, but //sign and //Legend of the Twilight aren't. Is there a reason for this? I always meant to pick the series up when I saw a few episodes on Anime Central, but looking at the prices for the two //sign boxsets I think an Anime Legends release should be in order :)

ColdCobra said:
As well as the original Gundam series, I just noticed that .hack//roots is on anime legends, but //sign and //Legend of the Twilight aren't. Is there a reason for this? I always meant to pick the series up when I saw a few episodes on Anime Central, but looking at the prices for the two //sign boxsets I think an Anime Legends release should be in order :)

No reason yet, am looking to have those added to our lineup for the 2011 Anime Legends range likely if I can!

Original Gundam I'll take a look into too :).

Andrew

I remember .hack//SIGN from when it was on AnimeCentral, also, I only got to watch half of Mobile Suit Gundam when it was Crunchyroll for a while. I'd buy both!

beez_andrew said:
ColdCobra said:

No reason yet, am looking to have those added to our lineup for the 2011 Anime Legends range likely if I can!

Original Gundam I'll take a look into too :).

Andrew

Great to hear. Got to love a company that you can talk to directly! :D

Back