Beez Entertainment Discussion

On the Gunbuster 2 digipak, the discs are not held in place with a spindle (Like the elfen lied collection). They are held by a push button around the edge of the disks. I personally think they should have used the normal digipaks, they are less flimsy.

I hope I described it well enough :?

Hey Andrew, I'm wondering if you have the first regular Haruhi DVD Cover (or 2 - 4 LE) in HQ - Or, Just the bit at the side that shows.. I want them all to match nicely in my box.

I understand if your like.. not allowed to post them. ;p Thanks.

Jayme said:
Hey Andrew, I'm wondering if you have the first regular Haruhi DVD Cover (or 2 - 4 LE) in HQ - Or, Just the bit at the side that shows.. I want them all to match nicely in my box.

I understand if your like.. not allowed to post them. ;p Thanks.

I should do somewhere, but I'm afraid I'm really not supposed to annoyingly >.< (well I say annoyingly, I think we all know why xD!)

Truered said:
Hello, stumbled across this site while looking for something. Is there a reason, or are the retail sites wrong, as the Haruhi volume 1 release (UK) has been moved from the 26th to the 9th of June :cry:

Considering:

with monthly consecutive UK DVD releases slated to begin on the 24th of May (at the London Expo) and running through to 8th August (the final volume will be debuting at UK anime convention AmeCon 2008).

I don't know if it's a mistake or not.

Just as an update it's all on track still but with Expo there was a slight delay as we wanted to see if the LE could have a few more copies reproduced or not.

They'll all be out before or around Amecon time though so in that sense not much has changed :). Sorry for the delay though!

Sneakily I can confirm I'll have a VERY limited number of LE's for Amecon and London Expo in October as well hopefully :).

hopeful_monster said:
Err, what happened to the Beez forums? They seem to have wiped all existing threads in at least two boards.

o_O, you know I was wondering the EXACT same question. It would appear someone has been doing some maintenance etc...o_O. I'll look into that and try to sort it out :S.

Gundam Junkie said:
Any news on Banner of the Stars yet?
I'm very keen on getting these :)

I can neither confirm nor deny, in the words of ADV US anyway xD. More seriously I am and always will be the biggest fan of the "Of the Stars" series - sales at Expo and hopefully Amecon + Expo October will probably help guide my thinking on if future releases that series are worth a UK shot and in what form :).

beez_andrew said:
I should do somewhere, but I'm afraid I'm really not supposed to annoyingly >.< (well I say annoyingly, I think we all know why xD!)
Ah, Fine, fine.. Thanks for the response anyway. ;D

beez_andrew said:
Sneakily I can confirm I'll have a VERY limited number of LE's for Amecon and London Expo in October as well hopefully :).
You cruel, cruel man. I remeber the queue for the dealer's room last year. It was already 50 plus people long before i even got to register. And took me about an hour in a line three hours after it opened to get in. Therefore chances of getting one... non existent at best.

hopeful_monster said:
beez_andrew said:
You cruel, cruel man. I remeber the queue for the dealer's room last year. It was already 50 plus people long before i even got to register. And took me about an hour in a line three hours after it opened to get in. Therefore chances of getting one... non existent at best.
Your best chance of getting the Haruhi LE is and always has been by preorder (as early as you could). Andrew has mentioned how few of these are/were available to us with the strong possibility that no more could or would be pressed.

hey andy when do you think that the ink will dry on those contacts for the new licenses? i am dying to know what beez is bringing next! by the way thank you for hauri!

Gawyn said:
Your best chance of getting the Haruhi LE is and always has been by preorder (as early as you could). Andrew has mentioned how few of these are/were available to us with the strong possibility that no more could or would be pressed.
I better get my ass in order and preorder it when i get some money next weekend then :eek:

beez_andrew said:
Truered said:
Hello, stumbled across this site while looking for something. Is there a reason, or are the retail sites wrong, as the Haruhi volume 1 release (UK) has been moved from the 26th to the 9th of June :cry:

Considering:

with monthly consecutive UK DVD releases slated to begin on the 24th of May (at the London Expo) and running through to 8th August (the final volume will be debuting at UK anime convention AmeCon 2008).

I don't know if it's a mistake or not.

Just as an update it's all on track still but with Expo there was a slight delay as we wanted to see if the LE could have a few more copies reproduced or not.

They'll all be out before or around Amecon time though so in that sense not much has changed :). Sorry for the delay though!

For the reproductions, are you sourcing them from China, as apparently all the US Haruhi merch. came from China; I would assume producing that quantity of goods from the UK would cost a bomb!

EDIT: I talk as if it were fact. Then I should add were the originals really made in China solely, and are you planning on producing yours in the UK if that is possible?

Back to Anime Central chat again

it appears that it's Ofcom licence has been replaced by "True Entertainment"

So as far as your aware is Anime Central dead now or do you still have plans to keep it running in some other form?

Ryo Chan said:
Back to Anime Central chat again

it appears that it's Ofcom licence has been replaced by "True Entertainment"

So as far as your aware is Anime Central dead now or do you still have plans to keep it running in some other form?
Also, if there is any kind of hope for it, would it be possible to invite someone from there to this as well? Have some feedback from serious fans =)

Gawyn said:
hopeful_monster said:
beez_andrew said:

To be honest they're now sold out - if a retailer has stock then I suggest you buy - or get there quick at Amecon/London Expo October as I'll have only a fraction of what I had in May there (just leftovers!)

This has proven to do well though so I'll see if we can source a few more from the US or such, probably even less than 500 though :/.

CitizenGeek said:
So, Andrew, do you have any more info for us about the Beez releases announced at the London Expo! :]

Just that if you thought that was all for the summer now, you're definitely in for a surprise by Amecon time...

If there's anything in particular related to them you would like to know though do ask here ^^.

devilrules666 said:
hey andy when do you think that the ink will dry on those contacts for the new licenses? i am dying to know what beez is bringing next! by the way thank you for hauri!

The ink will dry in the near future :). There's a lot of changes just now, of course moving to a global release schedule takes a lot of work, talking and planning. Sufficed to say it's looking good though, both ourselves and BEI in the US are working on some amazing things just now.

Stay tuned is all I can say! Probably will start drip feeding info out in the near future :).

Back