Beez Entertainment Discussion

Jayme said:
From the Haruhi release (And the Gundam release), I guess, Most people whom want it already have there's by now, so, I guess (again) you must know whether going the extra mile and doing a super-special-extravagant release was turned out to be a good/bad thing.

So.. Basically, from what you know: Will BEEZ carry on doing magical releases, like them?

Well since the sales of the LE Haruhi release and Gundam release have been positive so far - we'll be looking to go the extra mile with future titles as well. We have at least 3 lined up so far on DVD with a few more special ones lurking I'd say...

More news on that soon :). But for now I can say that there will be more special releases, some of which unique to Europe coming over the next few months!

[/quote]
Sorry about the delay, big things are coming soon so have been kept very busy working on them X_X!
[/quote]

I personally hope this translates to gurenn laggan.

Zen 2nd said:
melonpan said:
beez_andrew said:
[We have at least 3 lined up so far on DVD with a few more special ones lurking I'd say...

I'd guess: Code Geass, Lucky Star and Gurren Lagann.

I'd guess its those 3 as well.

Same, just hope that Gurren Lagann actually makes over here this time without any problems though for the special ones i would go for some of the older gundam series (the SD Gundam shorts maybe?) or maybe even Gundam 00

melonpan said:
beez_andrew said:
[We have at least 3 lined up so far on DVD with a few more special ones lurking I'd say...
I'd get them all. Like I always say, I'm greed... =P
I still want my Yuki Nagato Poster! Will you have them for sale in the next expo?!?!? If you do, save one for me! xD

Zen 2nd said:
melonpan said:
beez_andrew said:

I'd guess its those 3 as well.

I thought that Code Geass or Gurren Lagann, most probably Lagann, was already set for release over here? If not ah well, still would be nice to see them get good releases here as well, though i have already got the first Gurren Lagann DVD from the US(arrived yesterday).

I would assume they may wait for the dubbed version of Gurren Lagann to be out in the US first, as I doubt the UK market would allow for both as in the US. I have the R1 sub version on order and will probably get the dub version aswell if I enjoy it.

Dracos said:
I would assume they may wait for the dubbed version of Gurren Lagann to be out in the US first, as I doubt the UK market would allow for both as in the US. I have the R1 sub version on order and will probably get the dub version aswell if I enjoy it.
Hmm...
beez_andrew said:
Conan-san said:
Andrew, tell me that the 3x9ep sub only box set deal for Gurren Lagann is happening here too.

As I've said in the thread on it atm - I can neither confirm nor deny the license at present. Personally and this is completely in my own opinion if it was released over here it would be silly NOT to follow the same style for whoever acquired it :).
I'm waiting for AmeCon, Epic things should go down there.

CitizenGeek said:
melonpan said:

That would be so awesome. Well, I doubt I'd buy Lucky Star, but Code Geass and especially Gurren Lagann are definitely must-buys for me :]
As awesome as it would be, I almost hope they don't release them just yet - if it's special releases coming out as fast as Haruhi is, it'd be breaking my bank ^^;

Hi Andrew, it's nice to see an anime company take an intrest in the community. I have pre-ordered the Patlabor Collectors bundle - that question was already answered for me!

I have a question about price discrepancy. I know it costs more to release dvd's in the uk because of the BBFC* and other factors, but yesteday I ordered the R1 Planetes collection for £16 (Below the import limit too, so no extra tax), when the UK version would set me back £60. The same can be said of Cowboy Bebop. As much as I want to support the UK industry, I just can't justify spending that much more. If it had been £20-£25 I might have felt differently. It seems you are heading in the right direction with your Gunbuster 2 release, and Manga's Death Note strategy of putting two volumes together - but isn't it time certain older anime got a budget release of some kind?

*British Board of F... no, I'd better not. :wink:

ayase has a very good point - and I'm a good example of a 'casual' anime fan for whom price is a big issue. I won't pay more than £20 for a boxset, which severly limited what I can actually buy. Over the last couple of years some anime boxsets have dropped in price so I've been able to get a fair few for under £20 but Beez don't seem to have followed suit so I haven't been able to try out Planetes, Wolf's Rain or Witch Hunter Robin yet.

(I did break my own rule once in order to get Cowboy Bebop - £50 for the two half-boxsets. Annoyed me but I really wanted them).

£20 for a box-set is really quite cheap, Especially for a 26 episode series. Most American series' that get released usually sell in them Part 1 and Part 2 box sets for around £20, each. Beez are kinda pricey but the idea of what I spend on each series varies from title to title and they have some awesome series'.

That translates to proper DVDs for me, actually. I can spend £70 on anime on a whim for a 12/3/4 episode series but when it comes to spending £70 on something which has like 100+ 45 minute episodes, the decision is much more taxing.

I'm a idiot, I know. ;p

Not forgetting that anime DVDs tend to have to be submitted twice, one for the english language track and once for the japanese. Overall I feel that prices are just about right, there are exceptions of course. I also wonder how expensive Gurren Lagaan will be if Beez follow the bandai release and do sub only then hybrid later.

redgore said:
I also wonder how expensive Gurren Lagaan will be if Beez follow the bandai release and do sub only then hybrid later.

I'm guessing that's what made Gunbuster 2 cheaper, as that was sub only. Our biggest problem standing in the way of reasonably priced anime is the definately the BBFC. Anyone can go and buy a book with horrific descriptions of sexualised violence in it - even an art book. The most they ever have is a parental advisory sticker on it - can't dvd's just have those?

Back