Beez Entertainment Discussion

What I mean is...

Considering the entire series was £12 per disk at it's cheapest, when spending £120 on something you don't expect...

Lack of sign subs - ( I know - pretty minor. )

Features that were supposed to be on the disk missing or incomplete.

Sound out of sync by upto 2 seconds for several episodes.

Oh and - a really, really crap ending. ( I know, not Beez fault, but after putting up with all the characters whinging for 50 episodes, you at least should get a decent ending. )

i've had no problems with the so called "out of sync" issue.

But if you want to get technically, even the new Code Geass DVD's suposibly have that error too.

not to mention £12 is cheap for anime

Ryo Chan said:
i've had no problems with the so called "out of sync" issue.

But if you want to get technically, even the new Code Geass DVD's suposibly have that error too.

not to mention £12 is cheap for anime

Well they arn't "so called" for me and it's f-in annoying.

Also, £12 might be cheap, and I don't begrudge paying that for most things, but when I'm paying £120 ( which isn't cheap ) for something, then I want to be able to enjoy it.

I don't think Code Geass' problem is that it's out of sync, but rather the discs aren't playing correctly in a lot of people's players (from what I understand reading about it at AoD).

Luckily I didn't pre-order it, so I'll probably just wait for a collection or Beez to release it.

incidently, are we talking about region 1 or 2?

Cause if it's the R1, then there's really no point in moaning about it here, as Andrew has no say in the USA department

Well recently beez/bandai do seem to be doing a better job with realeasing there series without any mistakes like out of sync stuff..but yeah i know what u mean.

I can tell u know the harurhi DVDS are quality and they have even gone the extra mile with them from what i can tell.

Yes you know what im going to say about harurhi volume 3 dont you?

Must say its good to see the likes of Bandai and other companys get there act together. I mean in some cases in the past the fansub version on the internet made by some guy in his bedromm was better than the acctual DVD realease made by the company.s and I found that an absouloute joke at times.

But with the layout and extras of these Harurhi DVDs and with more quality layout titles to come you have gave me a reason to buy it because for once some bloody effort has gone into it.

*sarcasm* yes fansubs are a problem....thats because the fansub is better than the DVD version!!!!! *end sarcasm*

Anyway Bandai/Beez seem to have readressed this problem.

Just a question.

Bandai have the rights to all of the Digimon series' correct? (Also greatly assuming Beez publishes Bandai stuff.)
If so, is there any plans for them to be released in subtitled format?

I konw there are Digimon DVDs & videos around but they're all dub.
I want see them (legally... ahem) in their original language.

I kow I'm too old for Digimon really (25), but it's been a favourite since the beginning, and I never got the chance to see Frontier. :cry:

Oh, and if I'm wrong about Bandai having the rights to Digimon: Bugger...

Actually i don't think they do, as the only Digimon DVDs i've seen where all released under the Jetix brand, the same as the 2001 Transformers series (would it kill someone to release Car Robots? or the jap only Beast Wars cartoons?) So i'm guessing the the DVD license belongs to them...not that they seem to be doing anything with it since we've not even had the last two Digimon series aired over here

beez_andrew said:
yamiiguy said:
Will be hearing about any new announcements soon? There's a few titles that I'm hoping you pick up (Code Geass, Gurren Lagann, Gundam 00) ^_^

Should have more news progressively over the summer UK convention season so watch this space!

Also coming soon probably to this thread news of vouchers for Expo ^^!

Oh and you better release the LE version of Geass if your going to, it looks freakin awesome!

Back