Beez Entertainment Discussion

Wondering if any of you guys have been looking at the Beez website and more specificially their forums. The 'Beez License' subsection seems to be have a lot of shows that haven't been anounced for the UK, but in the English section.

Andrew, you can forget my previous questions if you want (going to get code geass in UK and gurren lagaan in UK too hopefully)

but can I ask if we'll get to see a picture of the wolf's rain set anytime soon? I want to order it but I think a picture would help me know what I'm buying a little better atleast. Thanks.

beez_andrew said:
Ryo Chan said:
beez_andrew said:
Collectors edition releases:

Gundam Seed Box 1
Gundam Seed Box 2

wait... there's Gundam Seed Boxsets out

and they have t-shirts in them?

Why am i only just learning this now...... Sod Funi's DBZ collection, i have a new target on my list :D

on that slight note, any idea if there will be Destiny colleciton boxs too?

Box 1 has a T-Shirt + EU Exclusive artboook with production art and sketches in it.

Box 2 has a complete Gundam Seed board game. Images are attached :).

They're very nice anyway as I have a set of them sitting on my work desk!

- Andrew

These are, indeed, lovely...only problem is that one of the ones I bought at Amecon had a massive dent in the front and a rip up the side (I wouldn't mind if it was on the back, but it's right up the front)....unfortunately unlike a shop I can't just give them back and ask for a new one....there is Telford MCM Expo...and London though...hmm....wonder if Beez will have stalls there again....

Tasker said:
Well, if Beez do release Laggan, it better not be another Eureka Seven. :x

I'll take my drill through the heavens of the factory if problems pop up, I likes my Gurren Lagann...

^^;

In all seriousness those problems should be isolated to the last generation of shows, .hack//Roots to my knowledge has not exhibited these problems anyway which bodes well for future series as well :).

Gundam Junkie said:
Just a question.

Bandai have the rights to all of the Digimon series' correct? (Also greatly assuming Beez publishes Bandai stuff.)
If so, is there any plans for them to be released in subtitled format?

I konw there are Digimon DVDs & videos around but they're all dub.
I want see them (legally... ahem) in their original language.

I kow I'm too old for Digimon really (25), but it's been a favourite since the beginning, and I never got the chance to see Frontier. :cry:

Oh, and if I'm wrong about Bandai having the rights to Digimon: Bugger...

In short regarding Digimon - I believe the UK/EU rights are held by a different company I'm afraid. I know that the option of licensing it has never really came up here anyway - sorry :(!

This means that usually it is up to the actual holder of the UK/EU license as to if they want the original language on the DVD.

I'll add Digimon Frontier to the list of licenses to look up though and see if it is available or not though, my suspicion is that it's the latter I'm afraid though...

hopeful_monster said:
Wondering if any of you guys have been looking at the Beez website and more specificially their forums. The 'Beez License' subsection seems to be have a lot of shows that haven't been anounced for the UK, but in the English section.

That was a mistake on one of our admin's parts, basically they put the titles from our colleagues in the US in our category instead of general license discussion thread! Sorry for that!

Although one or two may be under consideration atm...

xX-Sigil-XxxX-Otaku-Xx said:
Andrew, you can forget my previous questions if you want (going to get code geass in UK and gurren lagaan in UK too hopefully)

but can I ask if we'll get to see a picture of the wolf's rain set anytime soon? I want to order it but I think a picture would help me know what I'm buying a little better atleast. Thanks.

Here's the presentation version of it attached :).

If you're coming to Expo we should have a few units, each is individually numbered and there are a total of 500 for the UK market :).

MrChom said:
beez_andrew said:
Ryo Chan said:
beez_andrew said:
Collectors edition releases:

Gundam Seed Box 1
Gundam Seed Box 2

wait... there's Gundam Seed Boxsets out

and they have t-shirts in them?

Why am i only just learning this now...... Sod Funi's DBZ collection, i have a new target on my list :D

on that slight note, any idea if there will be Destiny colleciton boxs too?

Box 1 has a T-Shirt + EU Exclusive artboook with production art and sketches in it.

Box 2 has a complete Gundam Seed board game. Images are attached :).

They're very nice anyway as I have a set of them sitting on my work desk!

- Andrew

These are, indeed, lovely...only problem is that one of the ones I bought at Amecon had a massive dent in the front and a rip up the side (I wouldn't mind if it was on the back, but it's right up the front)....unfortunately unlike a shop I can't just give them back and ask for a new one....there is Telford MCM Expo...and London though...hmm....wonder if Beez will have stalls there again....

Will be dealing with this by email :)! Sorry you've had such bad luck!

beez_andrew said:
chaos said:
- Fake leather book style box, styled like the book of the moon.
- Pages are covered with beautiful artwork and each page contains one volume of the series.
- LE extra #1 - Wolf's Rain OST 1
- LE extra #2 - Limited Edition, EU exclusive Wolf's Rain artbook containing the production artwork and storyboards amongst other things from the series itself that last I checked will be hardbound but I need to confirm that.
Any chance of getting the OST and the artbook without having to buy both sets?

Soundtrack wise it may do, I need to check that part but the artbook is less likely as that's a special edition for the DVD release. On the upside it is just one boxset - Play.com are retailing it for £64.99 I believe which is good value for money given the package quality :).

beez_andrew said:
...Here's the presentation version of it attached :).

If you're coming to Expo we should have a few units, each is individually numbered and there are a total of 500 for the UK market :).
Save one for me and I still want my Yuki poster! =P

On a serious note, I've asked it before, but will I be able to buy the cd separately? I'm planning on getting the LE with the book, but I wanted the CD as well...

chaos said:
beez_andrew said:
chaos said:
- Fake leather book style box, styled like the book of the moon.
- Pages are covered with beautiful artwork and each page contains one volume of the series.
- LE extra #1 - Wolf's Rain OST 1
- LE extra #2 - Limited Edition, EU exclusive Wolf's Rain artbook containing the production artwork and storyboards amongst other things from the series itself that last I checked will be hardbound but I need to confirm that.
Any chance of getting the OST and the artbook without having to buy both sets?

Soundtrack wise it may do, I need to check that part but the artbook is less likely as that's a special edition for the DVD release. On the upside it is just one boxset - Play.com are retailing it for £64.99 I believe which is good value for money given the package quality :).

beez_andrew said:
...Here's the presentation version of it attached :).

Save one for me and I still want my Yuki poster! =P

On a serious note, I've asked it before, but will I be able to buy the cd separately? I'm planning on getting the LE with the book, but I wanted the CD as well...

Actually if i'm gettting this right i think you'll get the ost with the book as its all one big nice package...

Andy will any other series be getting this treatment?

Hey, just a heads up to say those Patlabor Collectors Ed's are bloody awesome - especially for the fairer price. :wink:

Any chance of you prizing the GITS movies out of Manga's hands and giving them the same treatment..? Oh well, a man can dream...

Also, do Beez have the rights to the Zeta Gundam Compilation Movies? What's the chance of them coming out here - I know you released the original Gundam films without the series.

BlackWolf said:
Actually if i'm gettting this right i think you'll get the ost with the book as its all one big nice package...

Andy will any other series be getting this treatment?

Spot on Blackwolf - Chaos - the set comes with the soundtrack CD inside it as well so it's worth considering it like the definitive Wolf's Rain work. The only thing not included which I wish we could have managed is the second Wolf's Rain OST, but that never got a release in the US too due to complicated licensing issues.

It is, however available from Play Asia or Yes Asia (if you use Quidco, the latter gives you a pretty decent % back).

---

Regarding other series with this treatment, absolutely!

You've already seen us treat Gundam Seed like this, good sample pages can be found here and here.

Next up to receive this kind of treatment will be Gundam Wing - which we're taking a slightly different tact to. As anyone who bought Gundam Wing from the UK or US unfortunately is very much aware of, is that the quality of sound and video was a bit lacking to say the least.

Therefore on the new release, we will be using the remastered masters designed for the HD Memorial box that was done for Gundam Wing in Japan. Along with this just now we're definitely angling for another juicy book of similar size to Wolf's Rain of information and whatever else we can fit in as well!

More on that very soon I hope :).

ayase said:
Hey, just a heads up to say those Patlabor Collectors Ed's are bloody awesome - especially for the fairer price. :wink:

Any chance of you prizing the GITS movies out of Manga's hands and giving them the same treatment..? Oh well, a man can dream...

Also, do Beez have the rights to the Zeta Gundam Compilation Movies? What's the chance of them coming out here - I know you released the original Gundam films without the series.

Glad you like the Patlabor set ^^! It's a very nice release all things considered!

Well for the GITS movies, we sadly cannot help ourselves to the UK rights for them I'm afraid, it's rude to snatch and I think Jerome would be annoyed if we tried :p.

That being said if you do crave a more LE version and are not a dub-hater then this release comes with the UK dub on it but no sub track for English and is a beautiful die-cut box that comes with storyboards, GitS SSS OST and more I think as I recall (I have a copy on my shelf actually xD).

With Zeta we've not yet released it because at present the rights are not available - but we're looking into it as the reworked movies are a good way to educate people about UC Gundam without having them buy X number of DVDs in a series for it :). Not the first Gundam on my list of want to acquire atm though I do confess if given a choice between it and certain others...

beez_andrew said:
Regarding other series with this treatment, absolutely!

You've already seen us treat Gundam Seed like this, good sample pages can be found here and here.

Next up to receive this kind of treatment will be Gundam Wing - which we're taking a slightly different tact to. As anyone who bought Gundam Wing from the UK or US unfortunately is very much aware of, is that the quality of sound and video was a bit lacking to say the least.

Therefore on the new release, we will be using the remastered masters designed for the HD Memorial box that was done for Gundam Wing in Japan. Along with this just now we're definitely angling for another juicy book of similar size to Wolf's Rain of information and whatever else we can fit in as well!

A remastered gundam wing? :D depending on the extras i may have to add that to my list :p

beez_andrew said:

This is fantastic news, I was finding it hard to get hold of Gundam Wing and what you did with Gundam Seed, I expect nothing more than awesome quality from beez, thanks again Andrew.

I do have a question, forgive me sounding rude as I'm eager to buy everything off Beez at the moment :D, while I do understand we'll most likely see the Destiny boxsets and 00 in future next after Wing, can you give any hints to Mobile Fighter G Gundam?

Andrew, two questions if I may:

I'm sure you're completely aware of the Macross situation in America, but I'm wondering if Harmony Gold have the rights to Macross in all English speaking countries, thus stopping any European release? It's a ridiculously huge shame more Macross isn't going to come out for English speaking people after Plus was released by Manga.

On the Gundam issue, you mentioned using the new Japanese HD masters of Gundam in a future release. Now, it's blatently obvious that Japan are milking the end of the DVD format by releasing HD material on DVD, when they should have at the very least released a Blu-ray edition alongside the DVD release or just a Blu-ray edition on its own, that's what HD is for... Now I'm guessing you'd love to do a Blu-ray release of Gundam over here, but I'm positive the Japanese licensors wouldn't allow any Blu-ray release of anything before its been released in Japan (ignorant reverse importation fears by the Japanese licensors), but really, is there any hope what-so-ever of a Blu-ray release before a Japanese release. With Funimation over in the US holding Blu-ray rights to at least some of their titles (what's mentioned on the press releases (Shigurui at least)) I would assume it's just a matter of acquiring HDCAM's instead of Digibeta's so they can give a native HD release instead of an upscale, which would be hard as the Japanese have to send it [the HDCAM], and of course they have to be willing to send it, and then there's the question of the HD masters even existing. Anyway what I'm getting to is the fact that now HD masters for the original Gundam, Gundam Wing (you've released this on DVD already so there's scope here for something...), SD Gundam and Z Gundam (I'm no Gundam expert but I guess that's Zeta Gundam) exist, you already said Zeta can't be released, but the other three, is it just a matter of acquiring the HD masters, then you have free reign to release it as you please on Blu-ray, or do you have to get approval from the Gundam committee before being able to release something, which one would assume is illegal for them to stop you releasing it on Blu-ray once you own the rights to release it in Europe, so all they can do is hold up the materials.

Sorry the post is long and convoluted but I hope you get the gist. And I guess this is extended to other series as well where HD masters are available, and a company has Blu-ray rights to the series (like in the case of Funimation's future (tentatively confirmed) release of Samurai 7 on Blu-ray).

Thanks in advance.

Re: the definitive Wolf's Rain, you mention the soundtrack, i assume this is OST1, and not OST2? If so, can you tell us why not?

And on a tangent can it be classed as definitive of it doesnt have the full soundtack of the series?

Back