Autumn 2015 Legal Anime Streaming Thread

In an astonishing turn of events... I ONLY WENT AND REGISTERED ON DAISUKE!

Yes. Me. The Anti-streaming guy. The promise of the new Gundam show was too much to bear. And guess what?

I'm still anti streaming. Because, as I suspected, I simply cannot get the thing to play. At all.

Viewster have started off well - Seraph of the End Battle in Nagoya episode 1 is currently up with no English subs. I appreciate it's probably something that'll be fixed in 24 hours, but not the best of starts and certainly not a confidence booster for me with the service when Seraph is something I want to be watching most, not spoiled by me having to wait, and if Crunchy had it would not have to be waiting for to be fixed. :p

Demelza said:
Viewster have started off well - Seraph of the End Battle in Nagoya episode 1 is currently up with no English subs. I appreciate it's probably something that'll be fixed in 24 hours, but not the best of starts and certainly not a confidence booster for me with the service when Seraph is something I want to be watching most, not spoiled by me having to wait, and if Crunchy had it would not have to be waiting for to be fixed. :p
Can we please stop talking about it as if it's Crunchyroll or Viewster? If it wasn't Viewster it would probably be Animax...

We should all be very careful what we wish for...

Buzz201 said:
Demelza said:
Can we please stop talking about it as if it's Crunchyroll or Viewster? If it wasn't Viewster it would probably be Animax...

Heh, yeah I will admit that's just me being bitter because Seraph is something I really like both as an anime and its manga so Viewster mucking about with it has not left me impressed. Especially when it has been a few hours since the episode presumably went live too. Overall I am glad Viewster have it rather than Animax though as that'd be soul destroying...

NEW ANNOUNCEMENTS (UPDATE) - SIMULCAST: VIEWSTER EDITION:

Seraph of the End -Battle in Nagoya-
Original Japanese Title: Owari no Seraph -Battle in Nagoya-
Site: Viewster
Language: Japanese w/English subtitles
Regions: United Kingdom & Ireland + Other regions from Season 1

NEW ANNOUNCEMENTS (UPDATE) - RETROCAST: VIEWSTER EDITION:

Key the Metal Idol
Original Japanese Title: Key the Metal Idol
Regions: Worldwide outside Asia

COMING SOON - RETROCAST: VIEWSTER EDITION:

Meine Liebe
Original Japanese Title: Ginyuu Mokushiroku Meine Liebe
Regions: To be Confirmed

Saint Beast
Original Japanese Title: Saint Beast: Kouin Jojishi Tenshi Tan
Regions: To be Confirmed

I would rather they put it up with no subs if there's a sub problem than withheld it; not everyone needs subs and it gives us faster access.

(Obviously the ideal outcome would be putting it up promptly with subs.)

R

NormanicGrav said:
NEW ANNOUNCEMENTS (UPDATE) - SIMULCAST: VIEWSTER EDITION:

Seraph of the End -Battle in Nagoya-
Original Japanese Title: Owari no Seraph -Battle in Nagoya-
Regions: Worldwide outside Asia

That's a bit of a leap from non-French speaking Western Europe and Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia rights they had before, I'm guessing it did well for them.

(Speaking of which, does AL actually do anything with German home video rights?)

Buzz201 said:
That's a bit of a leap from non-French speaking Western Europe and Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia rights they had before, I'm guessing it did well for them.

(Speaking of which, does AL actually do anything with German home video rights?)

Oops, my bad. Should be UK & Ireland, forgot to edit that. :lol:

NormanicGrav said:
Buzz201 said:

Oops, my bad. Should be UK & Ireland, forgot to edit that. :lol:

They had three packages last time, AL's UK, Ireland, German-speaking Europe, Scandinavia and Benelux rights, somebody's else Spain and Portugal, and somebody else's Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesian rights. I'd assume they have the same again.

Intriguingly, Anime Consortium Japan are listed as the publisher of Iron-Blooded Orphans on Crunchyroll, and it has Daisuki's logo at the beginning. I guess that means it's Daisuki giving the show a huge push and not Sunrise after all.

I'd be interested to know if it's a proper re-encode from a high quality master or whether Crunchyroll has just ripped Daisuki's stream and re-encoded the rip, but I've already seen the episode and it's probably too soon for a rewatch.

Why would CR 'rip' Daisuki's stream? Surely a company like CR would have access to the materials direct from Japan? Would a legit company even be allowed to steam a 'rip'?

COMPLETELY REGION LOCKED - CATALOGUE: VIEWSTER EDITION:

Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (the movie)
Original Japanese Title: Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works
Regions: North America

Part of the Sentai deal in North America.

Lutga said:
Why would CR 'rip' Daisuki's stream? Surely a company like CR would have access to the materials direct from Japan? Would a legit company even be allowed to steam a 'rip'?

You clearly haven't seen Daisuki's stream of Buddy Complex. A clear poorly sourced rip of FUNi's US stream.

Well I still find it odd that a legit company would use a 'rip' - as surely doing so would be breaking contracts they have with Japan as it's obtaining the video files from somewhere other than the direct source.

Watch that episode and tell me it isn't a rip, you can even see where they tried to remove FUNi's logo. It even pixelates in parts.

NEW ANNOUNCEMENTS - CATALOGUE:

55cb13ac7957a91e69dc1c1f0c385c481444777173_full.jpg

Beelzebub
Original Japanese Title: Beelzebub
Site: Crunchyroll
Regions: United Kingdom & Ireland + Other regions as it was before it was removed

Beezlebub returns to Crunchyroll!

Back