AUKN's Best of the Decade - Results and Discussion

mangaman74 said:
A worthy winner (and no. 4 on my list)

How about the top 3 anime per year (or just the top one if it is too much trouble) ilmaestro?
Yup, I will certainly include that for you in the run down of stats I give. Won't have time to post up that stuff until the morning maybe, though.

A good list. Nothing too obscure that screams "listed to show off", and quite a few choices that I would have put in my top 5 (if I had visited the forum enough to see the thread and vote... *ahem*... sorry about that).

Don't worry, you can play along in 2020! :D

Stuart-says-yes said:
Aww thanks guys

I was kind of hoping it would have been something other ghost in a shell,
not that I dislike it or anything, but I haven't watched it, so I can't be excited about it getting number 1, lol. I think I will have to go and watch it some point soon to find out why it ranked so high then.
Great excuse to go watch it RIGHT NOW, then, duh!

Lupus said:
The majority I can accept but Code Geass? Damn some of you guys have bad taste.
well geass is decent but by no means top 10 material, i reckon it's all of lelouche's fangirls seriously on another site i saw a "most badass anime character debate" there was no spike siegel, 2 hei from darker than black (has to be in my top 3 of the decade),one person said alucard (ultimate would be 1st or second) and about 800 "lelouche" anyway sorry for going off topic but i think fangirls may have been blinded by "lulu's smexiness" and put geass

Malak95 said:
That's all well and good, but that other site isn't here.

An acceptable number 1. I'm not particularly fond of the show, but I respect its large appeal and the dent it put in the UK anime market all those years ago.

Nice list overall. See ya in 11 years time. :p

Reaper gI said:
vashdaman said:
As for Clannad I've never actually heard of it, but my very brief google search didn't fill me with hope. Wasn't it based on a video game, and doesn't the maker of said video game usually make erotic games? Then there's the creepy looking school girl with insect anntenna's, and then theres this picture:
It's half and half for Key/Visual Art's.
Clannad Afterstory is top 10 on MAL(4), ANN (2), and the one that you use to search for fansubs(7). Not surprising it placed high, bit odd you haven't heard of it.
Where were you last decade. Eroge adaptations have been growing hugely, there's 100+ almost all post 2000, and several very highly regarded (Kanon, ef, Fate/Stay Night etc.). Compared to 150+ based on bishoujoge in general (50 without adult content in the original).

Pleanty of good anime based on eroge. Even more are made by the same staff.

Well after reading your statistics I'm now convinced it's this anime based on erotic games thats destroying the medium.

Now on to our no.1, well I'm pretty happy with that. SAC wouldn't have been my no 1 but it would have certainly been somewhere in my top ten, it's hard for anyone to deny that it's a phenomenal anime of rare quality(both 1st and 2nd gig). And I'm relieved it's not Naruto :)

Malak95 said:
well geass is decent but by no means top 10 material, i reckon it's all of lelouche's fangirls seriously on another site i saw a "most badass anime character debate" there was no spike siegel, 2 hei from darker than black (has to be in my top 3 of the decade),one person said alucard (ultimate would be 1st or second) and about 800 "lelouche" anyway sorry for going off topic but i think fangirls may have been blinded by "lulu's smexiness" and put geass

This particular forum has a known problem with Geass fangirls. Oh wait :p

(As one of the few girls here, I didn't vote for Geass, and if I did have to pick a guy in it, it would be Cornelia <3)

Gender breakdown of the Geass voters requested (where known), whilst we are requesting arbitrary statistics?

I think the number one show was worthy, though as with Black Lagoon it's really not my personal cup of tea at all. It is however a UK fandom classic. Clannad gives me hives but also deserved its spot given its popularity here. Quibbles over the level of participation and voting orders aside, the list seems to be fairly solid as a representation of the fandom in these parts.

Surprised to see no Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni; it seems to enjoy a very high level of respect on this forum.

R

Rui said:
Gender breakdown of the Geass voters requested (where known), whilst we are requesting arbitrary statistics?
As far as I am aware, 100% male. But maybe that just speaks to how unblockable CLAMP's designs really are.

I was also a little surprised not to see Higurashi do better than it did, but not nearly as much as I was with Gurren Lagann.

This is a boring list, but it's to be expected from you people. About two actually worthy series made the list (GitS SAC and Black Lagoon), yet there is no site of Monster or Full Metal Panic. Well, I am appreciative of Elfen Lied not making it at least.

maes, I just realised you did not correct me on putting Gunbuster in my list instead of Diebuster. I don't think an anime from the 80s qualifies for this. >_>

Only speaking for myself here, but I have not seen Monster so I did not vote for it. As for FMP - it is good but not sure if it is top 10 good (which series of the 3 do you prefer anyway?).

mangaman74 said:
Only speaking for myself here, but I have not seen Monster so I did not vote for it. As for FMP - it is good but not sure if it is top 10 good (which series of the 3 do you prefer anyway?).
The Second Raid. I voted TSR and Fumoffu though.

*sight

FMP would've been nice, but I see this more as a list of the UK anime fandom as a whole. It's a popularity and quality contest, not just popularity or just quality. Of which FMP has neither. (lol).

Don't think Baccano! is worth it though? Thought you liked Disappearance too. Hmm.

Just an idea, but it might be worth putting together a compiled post of the results and some relevant data/info and putting up so it appears on the AUKN front-page. I know it's not news, but it promotes the community aspect side of the site, and a few more visitors here to comment should never be a bad thing.

Back