AUKN's Best of the Decade - Results and Discussion

I didn't vote for Death Note either - it's good but not top 10 good. Baccano was close but did not quite make my list (the last 2 or 3 on my list changed several times before I sent it in).

From my list so far,

Black Lagoon - no. 2
FMA - no. 3
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - no. 5

I would be very surprised if my no. 1 made the list (my no. 9 as well for that matter).

would also wish Eden of the east would get in the list,it would be in mine but I didnt vote :( however I know It's just wishful thinking that it would come so high up in the list.

I'm really hoping I don't see something like bleach or Naruto in the top couple positions, but again probably just wishful thinking unfortunately......

Oh yeah and how could I forget Chaploo better be in that top 5(preferably with the top spot) cause if it not theres gonna be trouble I tell thee.

I'm saving my comments/complaints for the end. However, I am willing to forgive the inclusion of Death Note if a certain show doesn't get in. Also...

Stu you bloody pillock.

Edit: You too, Muts.

I can probably say with some certainty that Eden's not in, Naruto or Bleach is very likely to be (more likely Naruto) and Champloo is definitely not there.

What!?? How is it possible Champloo didn't make the top ten of the decade at all?? This is bloody mutiney!

Pah, ANUK must be full of headband wearing Naruto heads and gingers.

edit: I'm still banking on 2nd gig making the cut though.

I'm not sure if I'm going to look like a complete idiot here, but, you can see your sentbox, fabz.

EDIT: ilmaestro, I have no idea how you're interpreting the results, but do the 1s and 2s equal more points than the 9s and 10s? If not, that would be an interesting way to do it afterwards.

Stu's list is seemingly more and more irrelevant as we progress. You better not have screwed up the top position. :p

Also, I'm one of the people here who watched Kaiji and I did not vote for it. Haha. Geass hasn't turned up yet, so I think that has a fair chance from accumulating several 5s and 6s.

Jayme said:
I'm not sure if I'm going to look like a complete idiot here, but, you can see your sentbox, fabz.

EDIT: ilmaestro, I have no idea how you're interpreting the results, but do the 1s and 2s equal more points than the 9s and 10s? If not, that would be an interesting way to do it afterwards.

Random Statistic: The lowest placed show with multiple votes came in a tie for 88th. The highest placed shows with just one vote came in a tie for 41st.
It's fair to say they're not evenly weighted.

Yeah I wish I voted as well(someones gotta vote for Champloo damn it!). Also really need to get round to watching Kino as well, I've been meaning to for a while now.

vashdaman said:
Yeah I wish I voted as well(someones gotta vote for Champloo damn it!). Also really need to get round to watching Kino as well, I've been meaning to for a while now.

The ADV edition of Kino's Journey is pretty expensive on Amazon. I had to rent my copy from the library.

I had the chance to buy it for £12 last year and went for another anime instead.

Oh yeah, Eve no Jikan for No. 1.

The only one I have voted for so far of the series in the list was Baccano too. I can see the appeal of the others though as they're all either things I want to watch or enjoyed (other than Black Lagoon, which I have zero interest in personally despite its massive popularity).

I didn't vote for Champloo, or EotE. I did really like the latter but I have yet to see the movies, and taking the TV series on its own it didn't quite come up to the standard of my absolute favourites. I expect some of the series I picked may have received no other votes ^^;

Even though I definitely trend a little old-fashionedly in my all-time favourite anime series, this last decade has had a good number of gems.

R

Honestly can't believe people thought I wanted an unweighted list. :-/ Maybe if you had ten times as many people voting it might work, but there would be so many ties in such a small vote pool as ours.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Champloo was definitely on my list, though don't ask me where. Maestro, if you still have the PM I sent, can you send it back to me? :p
Done!

Jayme said:

Yes, I will do, and it does make a couple of important changes at the top (as already mentioned, Black Lagoon was first by total number of votes).

Not only have we reached the penultimate stage of the results, but there's also only one more to go after these, and the excitement is palpable.

Continuing with a 2004 "anime original adaptation" of my second favorite novel of all time...

4 - Gankutsuou

Widely regarded as the finest achievement from the much maligned studio GONZO, the show retains a lot of the feelings behind Alexandre Dumas' classic Le Comte de Monte-Cristo, even if it adds robots and blue-skinned aliens. Even to this day, it's hard to find something as visually striking.

With an eye for the second place in our rankings (but tie-broken by number of first place votes), today's next show is...

3 - Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

An anime original show from 2006, Sunrise's alternate history real robot show features the Holy Britannian Empire runnning roughshod over almost everything that stands in their way... much like Code Geass has done in our list! Fukuyama Jun's classic cackle can be heard as we speak...

--

Random statistic: If one person had sent their list in in reverse order, The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi would have tied Gankutsuou for fourth place.

Back