animefreaks youtube page

Animefreak17

Godhand
Update(06/08/2016) - because of the AnimeUKNews forum being taken down, we lost content from December 2015 to June 2016. So any posts in that period have been lost, and we apologise for any inconvenience.

well here I am

il need stuff to talk about so if anyone has anything for me to talk about or anything like that let me know

Some feed back would be great too

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Don't take this the wrong way but I really think putting a little more effort into spelling and grammar would help the videos have a more professional vibe to them. Just stuff like correct capitalisation in the title of the video and the outro text would really help.

For example, the title should probably read Introduction to Animefreak instead of intro to animefreak. You should always capitalise the first word in the title and any name. For the outro text the same applies, it should probably have a capital S for send. It is a small thing and the editing and stuff on the video is fine, but something small like that has an impact on the overall quality of the video. In my opinion anyway.

But that's my name on here.... it doesn't have a capital A.... otherwise it wouldn't look the part....besides you guys are my main audience

animefreak17 said:
But that's my name on here.... it doesn't have a capital A.... otherwise it wouldn't look the part....besides you guys are my main audience

Fair enough if you don't want to capitalize the A but the rest still applies.

If I had stumbled on to that video randomly, I honestly wouldn't of watched passed the first few seconds. The intro goes on far too long and it looks unprofessional. If you don't have the funds to hire someone to make an intro for you, I'd suggest trying to make one similar to the original Glass Reflection one as it only lasts about five/six seconds, rather than 14/15 seconds and it's simple.

As for yourself, I'm happy to see you have your stutter under control. I know it's a hard thing to do, but try to not do as many hand gestures.

Although I will admit, I though that this video would of covered stuff about yourself (how long you've been watching anime etc...) rather than simply informing viewers that you'll be doing reviews. I don't think it helps that you have removed all your other videos, so a lot of new viewers won't know about yout large collection, favourite animes etc...so it might not entice them to return.

If I was you, I would re do this video and talk about yourself, I know it's a hard thing to do, but cover basic things like

1) How long you've been watching anime
2) What was the first anime tv series/movie you saw
3) How large your anime collection is

I feel that if they knew some of that information, they will want to know more about you and want to see more videos.

GolGotha said:
If I had stumbled on to that video randomly, I honestly wouldn't of watched passed the first few seconds. The intro goes on far too long and it looks unprofessional. If you don't have the funds to hire someone to make an intro for you, I'd suggest trying to make one similar to the original Glass Reflection one as it only lasts about five/six seconds, rather than 14/15 seconds and it's simple.

As for yourself, I'm happy to see you have your stutter under control. I know it's a hard thing to do, but try to not do as many hand gestures.

Although I will admit, I though that this video would of covered stuff about yourself (how long you've been watching anime etc...) rather than simply informing viewers that you'll be doing reviews. I don't think it helps that you have removed all your other videos, so a lot of new viewers won't know about yout large collection, favourite animes etc...so it might not entice them to return.

If I was you, I would re do this video and talk about yourself, I know it's a hard thing to do, but cover basic things like

1) How long you've been watching anime
2) What was the first anime tv series/movie you saw
3) How large your anime collection is

I feel that if they knew some of that information, they will want to know more about you and want to see more videos.

No worries I have it all figured out....

I'm redoing my collection video at some point
Il make a link to MAL to let people see what I have watched
Il make a video of what I saw as a kid and which is my favourites
It will all be done in individual videos.

I looked up about intros and apparently i shouldn't keep it any longer then a min....

It's best to let the people watching know what I'm going to do in the intro and ad I go on il other videos saying all that stuff.

I'm a amateur so of course I'm going to be unprofessional everyone has to start somewhere..... il grow as I go I mean look at glass reflection loook as the nostalgia critic... they was amateurs and look at them now..... it will take practice.

And your right I should stop with the hand gestures... but I heard that by doing them they seem to caught the audience......

Is these good reasons

Ignore this thread too I'm tired and merging things zzz

Just tell me how I was... as a starter was it ok and don't hold back the more I have the more up learn

Yes, I understand that first attempts do look more ametuer, but that introduction really isn't doing you any favours. At least cut it down to about five seconds, otherwise you'll find people are closing the video before they've even seen you. It's too long and has nothing to do with what your channel is about.

And yes, ideally you don't want the introduction to be too long, but at the same time the one you have now isn't giving anything away to make people want to know more about you and want to watch your future videos.

I spotted your intro video and checked it out, AF - not bad!

I see you got some further advice in the news thread which I'd say you might want to take on board. But that's a solid start.

Definitely cut that intro down, though. The attention span of Youtubers isn't necessarily all that long, so if you can get to the point of your review SUPAH-FAHST, that will definitely help. And leave viewers in no doubt from the get-go that you're there to talk about anime. Notice how my videos have a preface and title card intro that never goes past 5 - 6 seconds and addresses the topic at hand pretty quickly. I've been told that's 'exactly the right way to do it'.

It can feel weird trimming things down at first, but it's totally worth it.

Best of luck!

Everyone is different ..... not every intro has to be the same... besides those who can't be bothered to watch the rest aren't the sort of people I want seeing my videos anyways.

I do it because I want to do it...I don't care if my videos get big numbers or I get famous ... like I said... I like my intro video.... I'm going to do what ever I can in my own way.

What are you talking about of course th intro is about my channel you heard me

I'm talking about the bit before you start talking, the 'introduction' with the guy playing the guitar isn't exactly relevant to a video about anime.

If you must keep it, I recommend cutting it down to about four/five seconds rather than the thirteen or so seconds it goes on for.

I can't I got it off this web site and ...Well it's a long story.. let's just say I have under 2 mins with them left.

I could swap it over but that will take a while.

Besides didn't you see the background it says anime what. More do you want...

I think it looks cool.....

So you think I should lose the giture guy

I think what GolGotha is saying is that it isn't a music channel and the Guitar playing isn't relevant. If you clicked on a gaming channel and the intro was someone doing tap dancing you'd probably think it a tad odd. You say you putting anime words in the background makes it relevant but the connection is tenuous at best. It would be best to go back to the drawing board a bit. You just need something short, sweet and to the point.

Back