animefreaks youtube page

Re: The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Screw it... il just keep it... I went though all that hard work and I'm not doing it again.... until I want to.

I'm sure it'll caught on.

One of my pet hates on youtube is intros, especially when you see them over and over and over again. I'm pretty sure people know what they searched for and what they are expecting from the video when they click on it. Just a friendly quick introduction like you did afterwards is great, much better to give an initial impression with yourself, though I did find the gesturing distracting .

The criticism isn't just to be cruel, people are giving advice to let you know what they think will put people off and you did ask people for it. Personally I reckon you could come up with some interesting stuff, especially with some of the lesser known anime you but you need to learn to take criticism if you're going to be posting on youtube because people aren't kind on it.

You don't understand.... I really tried really hard on this video I really did.

I kept stuttering
Forgetting
And it was hard for me to rear while filming.... in fact I'm shocked that I came this far.

I only have so long I the day for my self before everyone comes home and I have my papers to do not forgetting the house work.

Trust me I tried really really hard on that video.

I thought it was cool.

Ok tell you what... give me a script and il follow it...
Write down what I should say and il say it

animefreak17 said:
No one is telling you what to say or how to say it. It's the intro. Like others have said, the theme of the intro seems missed placed and longer than needed. Personally I don't think you needed the intro. The video of yourself introducing the channel and what it's about would have been enough.

Posting here rather than the News Thread, some poor mod might have to move some of that stuff.

If you really want/need to keep the current intro (with the music and guitar playing), maybe you could consider doing a "cold-open" for your videos. Basically start with you giving a brief outline of what the video will be about, then you play the intro and then go into the video proper. At least that way people will know what they're waiting for while the intro plays.

Sorry ... I didn't mean to snap.... It's me .... I'm just very stubborn.

Ok il get ride of the gitar guy

animefreak17 said:

I kept stuttering
Forgetting
And it was hard for me to rear while filming.... in fact I'm shocked that I came this far.

I didn't see anybody mention stuttering and pooping on camera isn't recommended.

No thats my point... I always stutter and pause but in the video you can't see any of that.... that's how hard I tried ans trust me it was extremely hard for me.... an I won't give up my dream of being a anime reviewer... even if I crash and burn I won't give up of being a anime reviewer

If you have that big a hang up over it then focus on text reviews. You can always do a text review first and then use it as the basis for a script.

Ignore this thread

This may be Slightly off topic but maybe we could use this thread for news and the "animefreak YouTube" thread for all this discussion ;)

Came in seeing a **** load of new posts expecting exciting pre mcm news and an now leaving disappointed.

Roll on the weekend for news news news! !!!

britguy said:
This may be Slightly off topic but maybe we could use this thread for news and the "animefreak YouTube" thread for all this discussion ;)

Came in seeing a **** load of new posts expecting exciting pre mcm news and an now leaving disappointed.

Roll on the weekend for news news news! !!!

Same here, I would appreciate it if we can keep this thread focused on the actual News and not creative works please (I know I'm not a mod but it would be nice to have threads on-topic). I should have contacted Rui to sort this.

On a more positive note, Britguy I've got a thread prepared for this weekend's MCM news here if you want to keep track of things.

animefreak17 said:

[...]

Taken from The News Thread. Firstly, it was a good start. Cut that music intro down like others have said, its doesn't tell us anything about you.

Next, don't record with a script. I'm pretty certain any reviewer or Youtube content creator spends as much time scripting as they do recording. Probably more so. Its a lot easier to edit a script than it is video. I'm not saying write paragraphs and paragraphs with stage directions. I feel you will have wanted to practice everything you want to say off-camera a couple of times before hitting record. Then when you do record, you have pin notes behind the camera to remind what points you want to hit.

I'm not an expert on any of these things, so don't accept it as gospel, but I do feel like it will be helpful.

King Jimmeh said:
Next, don't record with a script. I'm pretty certain any reviewer or Youtube content creator spends as much time scripting as they do recording. Probably more so. Its a lot easier to edit a script than it is video. I'm not saying write paragraphs and paragraphs with stage directions. I feel you will have wanted to practice everything you want to say off-camera a couple of times before hitting record. Then when you do record, you have pin notes behind the camera to remind what points you want to hit.

I think this part is probably where most succesful Youtubers will change things up the most.

For me, the script is king. I'll try to keep it open enough that I have room to deviate or use a bit of inflection. But I'm still getting comfortable with it. I listened back to my Gundam OO review a little while ago and feel like it sounds horribly flat in comparison to my other videos - probably because in that instance, I chose to read straight from a printed script.

There's a LOT of fiddling about to do before you get to a point were you feel completely comfortable. I'm still working it all out, and I think I will be for some time

Reminder that the anime news thread is for anime news and the animefreaks youtube page thread is for animefreak's YouTube exploits ;p

*rolls off to bed*

R

Rui said:
*rolls off to bed*

R

Like this?

OBBcj.gif

:wink:

[spoilerbutton][/spoilerbutton]
Rui said:
Reminder that the anime news thread is for anime news and the animefreaks youtube page thread is for animefreak's YouTube exploits ;p

*rolls off to bed*

R

What you mean exploits?

I do it because I want to do it

animefreak17 said:
[spoilerbutton][/spoilerbutton]
Rui said:

*rolls off to bed*

R

What you mean exploits?

I do it because I want to do it

Exploits isn't an insult or a dig, so calm down. It just is another word for saying "the YouTube thread is for discussing what animefreak is getting up to on YouTube"

Back