animefreaks youtube page

Good in theory, it just needs to be cut down. Almost 30 seconds is far too long. Use shorter animations or speed up the animations and don't hold on the different headings so long or don't use so many. I think you want to be looking to half the length at least.

I have no idea how up to date this information is but I had a friend who did the youtube thing and he used a Blue Snowball mic. This was a few months back but his mic sounded really good so that might still be an option. Remember to also get a pop filter to avoid the audio sounding bad.

I very nearly bought a Blue Snowball way back. They're very, very good for desktop mics.

In the end, though, I went for the Blue Yeti, which just has the edge in sound quality. The price hike is considerable, bt if you have money to throw at it, it's probably the best USB mic you can get. Mic quality is something you don't want to cheap out on. I won't say 'buy the most expensive mic you can' - but definitely don't buy the cheapest. And DON'T buy the Samson Go-mic. I demoed one a while back and really did not get on with it, in spite of the rave reviews.

A pop filter is ESSENTIAL. If you listen to my commentaries, you'll hear I have a lot of trouble with 'ssh' and 'chh' sounds when I speak. That's just the quality of my voice - without the pop shield, I'm almost unlistenable. Those things really make a huge difference.

At this stage, you just have to consider where you are with your channel, how much time you want to or can reasonably put into it, and base any decisions regarding equipment purchases on that.

I can't remember the name of the mic, but Blue make a smaller, cheaper and quite high quality desk mic with similar styling to the snowball. Around £30 I thnk (and you can buy them in lime green - eeeee! Just like my old Ibanez guitar! Oh, the memories!)

What I'd say is, while you're starting out and getting comfortable, now is not the time to go overboard and spend loads of money on kit. A good mic is proably the first thing you want to look into getting hold of, though. Headset mics are hit and miss, and there isn't a DSLR in the world with a pro quality mic on board. If in doubt, search within Youtube itself for product reviews. You can learn a lot from them.

For pop shields, it's generally considered that one is as good as the next. But don't cheap out - under a tenner, you'll probably get a crappy gooseneck mount, and that's the most important part of the unit. Wider shields are a good thing, too, especially if they're double layered. That said, mine is standard size and single layered, and it does just fine.

And I wouldn't touch that package in the Amazon link with a barge pole. Mic, mount and flexible arm all for that price? It's bound to be awful quality.

Yeah - in-built camera mics and headset mics will give you loads of trouble with inconsistent pick up. And handling noise.

animefreak17 said:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B014SMZB3G?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_image_1&smid=A16CTKKLT4IETS

What about this.

Only this is I want to know if it does long distances... not long long but jus out of the reach of the shot of the camera

As a general rule of thumb, you're going to have to get close to the mic to get the very best sound quality. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. If PEEEE-YEEWWW-DEE-PIIIIIEE and a bazillion lets-play-ers can do a commentary with a mic in shot, it certainly won't hurt you.

Seriously - search Youtube. There's a ton of mic reviews and tests over there. They'll teach you what you need to know.

Next thing is .... what to talk about......

Maybe a talk about how I got in to anime or
how I got my parents to open up to anime
Or what it means to me.
Or what I think of fanboys
Or how much I hate Lelouch

Try writing some notes and see what feels the easiest to write about. I've heard that the best writing usually happens when you're into the subject and can find plenty to say. Forcing yourself to write about something you're not interested in will likely give a worse result. I guess that probably also applies to talking about things, perhaps it applies even more since your enthusiasm or lack thereof might come across in the video.

I got that taken care of... And yes your right I do need to take notes... cause unlike the nostalgia critic who makes jokes and needs to be reminded to what he is going to say.... for me.

After about 5 eps and if they are successful it might give me a extra boost in concordance which in turn will will make my videos an passion to continue even more.

I know what I want to say.... problem is I have so many I don't know which to start...

I'd like to start with a response video to the anime mans video why people hate anime.... I don't want to go on how I agree with him but when he said... oh I heard stories about people who hated anime got in to anime afterwards.... And some of you know I got my mom in to anime and got my dad to change his mind by getting him to watch monster and how my Mom stuck up for me when my dad said that its stupid cartoons.

I'd also like to make a top list of which anime could get loads of praise from a big western audience if they was to be put on the big screen or the main channels... I have a few ideas which ones.

Back