Animefreak17 And His All-Purpose General Chat Thread

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tp32ogZQC28?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tp32ogZQC28?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

the great anime race

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jETynyTNYaM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jETynyTNYaM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

i was just thinking of something

you know how when anime was shown on tv and we had to watch like 1 - 3 episodes a day on tv, well when i watch a series on dvd i try watching it in a day but when i do most of the story doesn't sink in, so i thought if i watch a disc a day like 4 episodes of something the story will sink in and i can enjoy it more

animefreak17 said:
i was just thinking of something

you know how when anime was shown on tv and we had to watch like 1 - 3 episodes a day on tv, well when i watch a series on dvd i try watching it in a day but when i do most of the story doesn't sink in, so i thought if i watch a disc a day like 4 episodes of something the story will sink in and i can enjoy it more

I tend to watch a disc a day. I think that it is better that way rather than just rush it.

@Ian Wolf agreed i rush in to series cause i want to know what happens next but its better to watch 1 disc a of a series.

im watching bleach and red garden,

red garden is good and i want to watch more but if i let the story and what happened in the series sink in il appreciate it more.

I didn't really watch anime on TV much other than the odd episode. It always being dubbed on TV over here doesn't help.

My viewing is all over the place, but I generally swap series each time I finish a disc to keep things fresh unless it's something completely absorbing where I just marathon straight through. For series I'm not sure about I tend to buy the first set and start it before buying the rest too, just in case.

Some shows I watch even less frequently than that. My current Master Keaton viewing has lasted for years as I just pop the next disc in whenever I need a dose of some slower paced adventure between all of the fan service. I do find that one of the advantages of the old-style single volumes was that I'd vary my viewing more. I can't be bothered to take a seven episode disc out partway, but seven episodes in a row of some shows gets a little bit tiresome without a break. When there were only a handful of episodes per disc my alternating worked a lot better!

R

animefreak17 said:
oh sorry i thought this > Death Note is about a guy killing people with a notebook was the spoiler
I'm not saying you should have the reading comprehension of a college professor, but let's just say the show doesn't go out of its way to hide this.

Rui said:
Some shows I watch even less frequently than that. My current Master Keaton viewing has lasted for years as I just pop the next disc in whenever I need a dose of some slower paced adventure between all of the fan service. I do find that one of the advantages of the old-style single volumes was that I'd vary my viewing more. I can't be bothered to take a seven episode disc out partway, but seven episodes in a row of some shows gets a little bit tiresome without a break. When there were only a handful of episodes per disc my alternating worked a lot better!

R

Another Master Keaton fan? Awesome. You've gone up in my estimation Rui (not that you care of anything...) since I don't see anybody talking about this under-appreciated gem. At least I know somebody else here watches it.

Vashdaman said:
But yeah trying to find anime that doesn't feature copious amounts of the ol service is certainly more of a challenge hmmmm........err Master Keaton?

Ahem..*cough* wherewasmylove *cough* :p

Yeah, Master Keaton is pretty cool.

is there a anime thats only ever came out on blue ray and not dvd cause i saw the second season of Sekirei only on blue ray on axle planet i want to make sure.

are there anyother animes that only came out on blue ray

The one on axelmusic is the American release which comes out the start of next year I think. I don't think it has been announced for a uk release yet I guess it depends on how well the first season sold for manga uk to decide to release it.

vashdaman said:
Vashdaman said:
But yeah trying to find anime that doesn't feature copious amounts of the ol service is certainly more of a challenge hmmmm........err Master Keaton?

Ahem..*cough* wherewasmylove *cough* :p

Yeah, Master Keaton is pretty cool.

Yeah, okay you get my respect too. Not love though, I reserve that for beautiful women and films. 8)

I WISH I WAS MASTER KEATON!

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GAaZSkoc37U?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GAaZSkoc37U?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

sean morrison said:
The one on axelmusic is the American release which comes out the start of next year I think. I don't think it has been announced for a uk release yet I guess it depends on how well the first season sold for manga uk to decide to release it.
its ok il get the US release i just wanted to make sure thanks tho

Back