Animefreak17 And His All-Purpose General Chat Thread

ok question

lets say if they brought out a new device to watch our movies on.........
we had the VCR and now we have the DVD/blu-ray but if the brought out something to play out movies ( like a chip or something like that and it was a huge success) and everyone had them and they stop making dvds and started bring out the chips instead would you

A, keep the dvds and dvd player and keep watching them.
B, (if they can) transfer the movies or series to the chips ( that would cost alot especially for us collectors )
C your answer

another question

i watch new anime every day and i feel i should take a break from anime and manga for awhile but i watch at least 5-9 hours of anime a day * series * a hour or so for movies and i just cant do it, i try watching like 1 or 2 episodes aday but i want to see what happens next so i end up watching the hole thing in one day * depends *12 episodes its a day 26 episodes is two days.

i read ecchi manga so i think i should read some manga for awhile and maybe rewatch some series iv already watched instead of watching new ones everyday.

If you're enjoying it there's no need to take a break. Take one and do something else if you are getting a bit run down, though!

animefreak17 said:
ok question

lets say if they brought out a new device to watch our movies on.........
we had the VCR and now we have the DVD/blu-ray but if the brought out something to play out movies ( like a chip or something like that and it was a huge success) and everyone had them and they stop making dvds and started bring out the chips instead would you

A, keep the dvds and dvd player and keep watching them.
B, (if they can) transfer the movies or series to the chips ( that would cost alot especially for us collectors )
C your answer

The thing about DVD is it is very easy to transfer it into other formats and a lot of things support it, so it is a huge leap from VHS for those and various other reasons. I upgraded all of my collection to DVD, though there are a couple of VHS tapes with no equivalent which I just haven't watched in years as a result.

If (when...) a completely new format comes along, I probably won't upgrade my collection at all (perhaps a few favourites). I haven't upgraded much to blu-ray, either, and I don't buy music albums on USB sticks even though they keep releasing them that way. When I want to watch anime on my phone, I just rip an episode or two from my DVDs temporarily, so unless computers disappear in the future I feel relatively confident that my current collection will be accessible for a while to come.

R

animefreak17 said:
another question

i watch new anime every day and i feel i should take a break from anime and manga for awhile but i watch at least 5-9 hours of anime a day * series * a hour or so for movies and i just cant do it, i try watching like 1 or 2 episodes aday but i want to see what happens next so i end up watching the hole thing in one day * depends *12 episodes its a day 26 episodes is two days.

i read ecchi manga so i think i should read some manga for awhile and maybe rewatch some series iv already watched instead of watching new ones everyday.

I must say I missed the question in this paragraph :p But I will answer the question I think you wanted to ask; every now and then that much anime sounds ok, I had a massive binge for Monster, but I think every single day probably is too much, you should break it up every now and then with something else, even if it's just commenting on here, just so you're engaging your mind actively instead of just passively. But then I'm not sure your brain would get much activity here either...

(kidding guys =P)

Sebastian Michaelis from black butler vs alucard from hellsing

they both service a master
there the most powerful in there series
there both gentleman
they both can regenerate and cant be killed so easily
they protect there masters and care for them
the can transform

ones one hell of a butler and ones the king of vampires

who would win
sabastian vs alucard
this is a hard one for me there both so freakin awesome

animefreak17 said:
they both service a master
lolled hard, I think you have been reading too many Black Butler doujinshi rather than the official series works.

Rui said:
and I don't buy music albums on USB sticks even though they keep releasing them that way. When I want to watch anime on my phone, I just rip an episode or two from my DVDs temporarily, so unless computers disappear in the future I feel relatively confident that my current collection will be accessible for a while to come.
Wow, do they seriously do that? Why would you want a physical copy of a digital copy. :lol:

I would also ask you exactly how you go about moving anime from DVD > phone, but I guess the answer in your case will be something to do with a Mac. >_>

ilmaestro said:
Wow, do they seriously do that? Why would you want a physical copy of a digital copy. :lol:

I would also ask you exactly how you go about moving anime from DVD > phone, but I guess the answer in your case will be something to do with a Mac. >_>

They do! And the USB version is sometimes the 'premium' version with all the cool bonus stuff. I don't think it has caught on that much thankfully as CDs and CD+DVD packs are my preference.

On the other question, I believe Windows users can use Handbrake for a similar outcome, but I don't know the specifics and understand it's very different to the Mac build.

R

Rui said:
On the other question, I believe Windows users can use Handbrake for a similar outcome, but I don't know the specifics and understand it's very different to the Mac build.
Hmm, I use handbrake for converting stuff to phone-friendly versions, I shall see if it also handles getting stuff off the DVD in the first place.

animefreak17 said:
@ilmaestro sorry for not spelling it right
It was far more amusing than a mere spelling error.

hey i got ghost hound collection 2 today but when i had a look at the other dvd with ghost hound i thought it was in two collections ghost hound collection 1 and 2 but when i looked at ghost hound on wiki it says theres only 22 episodes and collection and collection 1 say it has 22 episodes and collection 1 has 11 episodes. but on the other dvd i got the other day it says complete collection did i mess up or did they mess up.

the thing is on axlemusic the information that was next to them it says collection 1 and 2 so i think axlemusic screwed up somewhere calling them collections.

should i write to them and say there was a mistake and id like to replace it with something else?

have a look at this and tell this makes you think theres collections 1 and 2

http://www.planetaxel.com/list?searchMe ... erby=point

what should i do

animefreak17 said:
what should i do

It looks like there's a mistake in the listing titles. There were originally 2 parts, which looked like this:

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827 ... 4440/4/0/0
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827 ... 5406/4/0/0

But then there was a complete collection. All of the information on Axel's page is for the complete collection but they seem to have got the title wrong, causing confusion. I'd ask them if you can send the extra one back.

R

Back