Animefreak17 And His All-Purpose General Chat Thread

animefreak17 said:
my sisters a vampire knight nut and shes said she wanted these vampire knight posters for christmas and both the posters together cost me £25

Jeez... how big are they? I don't know how much anime posters usually cost but that seems expensive to me...

Sparrowsabre7 said:
animefreak17 said:
my sisters a vampire knight nut and shes said she wanted these vampire knight posters for christmas and both the posters together cost me £25

Jeez... how big are they? I don't know how much anime posters usually cost but that seems expensive to me...

i know she asked me * brother i want theses vampire knight posters * and she brought them i thought they'd be like £10 -15 including p&p.
but shes happy but there gose my snack money * yes i spelled it right*

i have a question about Girl That Leapt Through Space

is it true they dvd released the tv version instead of the full version cause i saw it on the forums about how they mixed up the full version with the tv censorship one RUI you know what im talking about right

I do actually know what you're talking about on this occasion, but that isn't the case for all series ;)

In R1 the TV version was released. I actually have the UK release for this show, but I couldn't tell if it was the TV or home video version as I'm not that into it. If there's an obvious way to tell from the first two sets (without having seen both previously) I'm happy to check the discs.

It isn't so much that one version was cut to ribbons and censored as that one has some episodes where there was a little extra material added for fans. I have only watched the first two discs so far.

R

........................... ummmmmmmm i am thee if not thee insensitive S.O.B on the planet ( japanese style apology * bows on the floor * ) RUI i am so sorry for asking you something i thought you would know * and im not beind sarcastic* and i hope i didn't embarrass you.

il just go back making a ass of my self as usual

Tsuki No Shizuku is a great song...

...but it's ok to call me "Rui" without the caps ;)

Since it's a question about cuts, you could always have asked in the edited anime thread. I know one poster on this forum is a bit more familiar with the intricacies of that particular title than I am.

R

we should have a thread about old style anime and new style anime classic vs new you know

classic e.g. cowboy bepbop, urusei yatsura
new e.g. vampire knights,( not new but modern day gantz)

I mean the classics are fun to watch and there from a simple time and the character design of today is different to the old designs the animations, the voice acting, ect i think we should put up a *old vs new animes* thread and compare them.

also we should have a *what shows are you a fan of* thread so we could can show which ones were fans of and talk about them to each other

It's almost like you're suggesting we turn this into an anime forum or something.

fwiw, the viewing journal thread is more than enough for discussing shows that you're watching/like, but a discussion of the progression of anime styles would be interesting.

You would need shows that were somehow comparable, though, as well as the obvious contrasts in trends. And I don't think stuff from just ten years ago could go in the "classic" category.

ilmaestro said:
It's almost like you're suggesting we turn this into an anime forum or something.

fwiw, the viewing journal thread is more than enough for discussing shows that you're watching/like, but a discussion of the progression of anime styles would be interesting.

You would need shows that were somehow comparable, though, as well as the obvious contrasts in trends. And I don't think stuff from just ten years ago could go in the "classic" category.

what about classics from our childhood more like 10 and more years ago e.g.
trigun
cowboy
dragonball series
astro boy
esca flowna
eva ( really good and i like it )
ect

compared to today's animes

Why... why did it take you two posts to reply?

And I think you basically just said "OK, how about we do the exact thing that you just said not to do".

animefreak17 said:
what about classics from our childhood more like 10 and more years ago e.g.
trigun
cowboy
dragonball series
astro boy
esca flowna
eva ( really good and i like it )
ect

compared to today's animes

What about Sailor Moon and GITS? Also, Spirited Away was made over 10 years ago (July 2001).

ilmaestro said:
Why... why did it take you two posts to reply?

And I think you basically just said "OK, how about we do the exact thing that you just said not to do".

ok first we find some anime from the 70s to 80s to 90s to now
then we find pictures of the characters and animation in those animes
e.g. sailor moon compare that to any anime show.
or another e.g. compare the dragon ball series to naruto, bleach and one piece - they say that theses shows was inspired by the dragon ball series.

we'll be talking about the character designs from the past to present
the animation, the music, the rip off, the backgrounds ect

Back