Animefreak17 And His All-Purpose General Chat Thread

animefreak17 said:
yu yu hakusho the movie ghost files with OVAs
http://www.planetaxel.com/productDetails/704400060045

and another yu yu hakusho movie with ninku movie
http://www.planetaxel.com/productDetails/631595019520

theres two im confused about did i buy the same movie or are they different movies cause i thought i was buying the the yu yu hakusho OVAs but it turns out it came with the movie and i brought another yu yu hakusho movie with the ninku movie is this the Yu Yu Hakusho the Movie: Poltergeist Report or are they the same dvds.

P.S where do the movies and OVAs take place in the series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Yu ... _The_Movie

Here is the Wikipedia entry. The films are different (The Movie has a 30 minute runtime while Poltergeist Report ha a 95 minutes runtime). It doesn't say where they stand in terms of timeline with the series.

@mangaman74 thanks yoda and merry christmas

do you have a backlog and how many series do you have in it? i have more then 50 series maybe more ( including movies ) in my backlog

animefreak17 said:
@mangaman74 thanks yoda and merry christmas

do you have a backlog and how many series do you have in it? i have more then 50 series maybe more ( including movies ) in my backlog

Probably half that at best in term of series but I have around 15 anime movies to watch as well plus many more live action movies (I tend to prioritize anime in my viewing and scratched discs get bumped up the viewing list).

banned credit cards and cash cards

i heard on the radio that at the end of the year there banning credit cards or cash cards. And this is really bad news for those who buy DVDs online.

It's only a minor worry that you misheard what was said, that could happen to anybody.

The fact that you thought it was even remotely plausible after you misheard it is truly terrifying.

im trying to decide which one should go first
FMA - 2003
or
FMA brotherhood

i know there not connected in continuation but if you had to choose which series to watch first which series would it be?

i would think FMA 2003 should be watched first cause it was the first FMA series that came out and it gives us some ideas of what to expect and understand the powers more from brotherhood but thats me what do you guys think

Well I heard from Arberlest that Brotherhood follows the story more précised to the Manga, since the 2003 version didn't have a proper ending to the manga at the time. So you could say it's an alternative setting a bit like Negima!?

Otaku-san said:
Well I heard from Arberlest that Brotherhood follows the story more précised to the Manga, since the 2003 version didn't have a proper ending to the manga at the time. So you could say it's an alternative setting a bit like Negima!?

well i guess its 2003 first then

animefreak17 said:
Otaku-san said:

well i guess its 2003 first then

I think since they're not connected order of broadcast makes most sense. the Evangelion series isn't connected to the Rebuild movies, but watching NGE first will help you better understand the world, mythos and terminology of the movies. I don't know if FMA is similar but still, if there's no chronological timeline then going by release is the next best thing I'd say.

but think about it the first 13 episodes of brotherhood are up to episode 33 - 34 original they did a rush job on the first 13 episodes of brotherhood but in the original they take there time, if you take out the characters who aren't part of the manga from original and watch the original up to episode 34 and watch brotherhood from there you have your self a slow pace story of brotherhood in a way.

Yeeees, I believe it can also be bought in shops. I chose to link to Amazon because there isn't a webcam in your local supermarket pointed at the coffee shelf for me to link to.

Back