Animefreak17 And His All-Purpose General Chat Thread

ayase said:
I chose to link to Amazon because there isn't a webcam in your local supermarket pointed at the coffee shelf for me to link to.
I have taken the liberty of forwarding your complaint myself.
CcfQP.jpg

animefreak17 said:
question

has anyone here ever watched a series or a bunch of series in 24 hours without stopping

No, but I've often thought about doing so. I was thinking of watching all the Ghibli movies in one go over a bank holiday weekend, similar to Alan Partridge watching all the James Bond films in one go.

animefreak17 said:
question

has anyone here ever watched a series or a bunch of series in 24 hours without stopping

Yes. I watched the transformers trilogy and read the interquel comics without stopping save for sustenance one time.

Ian Wolf said:
animefreak17 said:
question

No, but I've often thought about doing so. I was thinking of watching all the Ghibli movies in one go over a bank holiday weekend, similar to Alan Partridge watching all the James Bond films in one go.

That's simply mad. The bond one I mean. Assuming each is an average of 2 hours and there are 22, then that's 2 entire days. It's simply not possible without stopping unless you have insomnia.

Not entirely sure how many Ghiblis there are, but even though they tend to be closer to 1hr 30 I'd still say that's pretty insane in a single sitting :p

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Ian Wolf said:
animefreak17 said:
question

That's simply mad. The bond one I mean. Assuming each is an average of 2 hours and there are 22, then that's 2 entire days. It's simply not possible without stopping unless you have insomnia.

Not entirely sure how many Ghiblis there are, but even though they tend to be closer to 1hr 30 I'd still say that's pretty insane in a single sitting :p

Well, like I said, Partridge did it all over a Bank Holiday weekend so he did sleep, eat, and have scheduled toilet breaks (see here).

At the time Partridge did it there were 19/20 Bond films (Die Another Day had only just come out). Depending on what you count as a Ghibli film (I'd count Nausicaä but not Little Norse Prince, Cagliostro or the short films) there are 17 films currently out, 18 with the release of Arrietty next week, 19 if you count From up on Poppy Hill which will no doubt get released some time soon.

The shortest films are The Cat Returns and Ocean Waves (around 1h 15min) and the longest is Princess Mononoke (around 2h 15min).

It's certainly possible, though whether it's a good idea for your eyeballs and brain to be subjected to 40 hours of almost constant television I don't know. I think the longest I've gone without sleep is around 60 hours. The way days are structured over 24 hours has never really worked for me - I'd rather be awake for 20 hours and then sleep for 12-14.

I've watched several Gundam series' in marathons over a few days. The thought of watching a 50-plus episode series with a continuity to follow over a long period of time isn't one I relish (I forget things easily) though I did a pretty good job with FMA and Brotherhood.

iv thought about doing it but i wouldn't recommend watching something you haven't watched yet cause

1 if its a good series you'll want to be wide awake to take everything in.

2 watching something you've already seen and love watching would be a good idea cause you already know whats going to happen and if you fallen asleep within the 24 hours i wouldn't matter cause you know whats happened - e.g i could watch gurren largann again without getting bored.

ayase said:
It's certainly possible, though whether it's a good idea for your eyeballs and brain to be subjected to 40 hours of almost constant television I don't know. I think the longest I've gone without sleep is around 60 hours. The way days are structured over 24 hours has never really worked for me - I'd rather be awake for 20 hours and then sleep for 12-14.

I've watched several Gundam series' in marathons over a few days. The thought of watching a 50-plus episode series with a continuity to follow over a long period of time isn't one I relish (I forget things easily) though I did a pretty good job with FMA and Brotherhood.

im watching the FMA and brotherhood series iv got 4 more discs then iv finished the FMA series, Just waiting on the movie to come out

I could do something like that, but then I wouldn't, for I'd feel I hardly comprehended and understood the series is trying to portray. I could go through a couple dozen episodes in a day if I really wanted too though

Otaku-san said:
I could do something like that, but then I wouldn't, for I'd feel I hardly comprehended and understood the series is trying to portray. I could go through a couple dozen episodes in a day if I really wanted too though

really 8)

ok im hooked on the haruhi suzumiya series

i need the novels, anime, mangas, in order please i need to know.

please let me know if theres going to be a continuation

Lawrence said:
The anime, manga and novels all tell the same story.

The novels are the furthest ahead into the story but...

Haruhi season 1,2 & movie = Novels 1-4 = Manga volumes 1-8/9

So you could start reading the manga after volume 8 or read the light novels from "The rampage of Haruhi Suzumiya" onwards, and that way you'd start right where the anime ends.
but in order.....
whats there names

Otaku-san said:
Ew I tried reading the manga, it pales in comparison. Not worth the paper it''s printed on

I find comedy doesn't work as well on page as on tv. At least where anime is concerned. A lot of anime humour is to do with timing, instant expression changes, fast motion, none of which can be especially well conveyed on the page, or at least it loses something in the process.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Otaku-san said:
Ew I tried reading the manga, it pales in comparison. Not worth the paper it''s printed on

I find comedy doesn't work as well on page as on tv. At least where anime is concerned. A lot of anime humour is to do with timing, instant expression changes, fast motion, none of which can be especially well conveyed on the page, or at least it loses something in the process.

I suppose one problem is that if certian things are lost in translation. It's had to do word play if you are having to translate from Japanese into English. You might lose the joke.

Back