Animefreak17 And His All-Purpose General Chat Thread

lol, I also have an Ouran pt.2 I need to get rid of, I bought it forgetting that I had bought the complete set the first time around, and not just pt.1. ^^;

Lawrence said:
Otaku-san said:
I can't say I thoroughly enjoyed Ouran Host club, it had it's moments. I'm still trying to get rid of my vol 2 DVD
If only there was a thread for disposing of anime and manga we no longer wanted, in return for something else....

Oh wait...!
I think you need to remove that iron rod from your ****. It seems to be causing you stress.

hey heres a question

lets says someone kidnapped someone close in your family and someone that,s rather a best friend or a BF or a GF.

you go to the kidnapper and he says hes going to use one of them as a shield and he makes you choose which one of them you want to go free
what would you do?

has there ever been a anime series or movie thats made you -
change your views on life
or on the way you think about things
or has made you think outside the box

you know a life changing thing or a change of heart on something.

animefreak17 said:
has there ever been a anime series or movie thats made you -
change your views on life
or on the way you think about things
or has made you think outside the box

you know a life changing thing or a change of heart on something.

Not my views on life, but Perfect Blue changed the way I watched movies. There is still no movie quite like it to my mind, it's just superbly directed and "shot".

@Sparrowsabre7

perfect blues a physiological thriller drama and i agree it was perfect.
i wish they made more of those. i also liked *millennium actress* that movie was awesome.

in the movie millennium actress Genya Tachibana says that *Chiyoko* her characters in movies span a time period from the Sengoku period to a futuristic space age.

my guess is that they was trying to get the big shots to create a series that surrounded around her characters in the movies while chasing the man she was in love with......................... watch the film of millennium actress and you'll know what i mean

animefreak17 said:
my guess is that they was trying to get the big shots to create a series that surrounded around her characters in the movies while chasing the man she was in love with......................... watch the film of millennium actress and you'll know what i mean

I both have seen and own Millennium Actress and I still don't know what you mean :p

The film uses her acting career as a parallel/ mirror of her real trials an tribulations. It blurs the line between reality and fiction and presents a quasi-biopic despite using several different films and settings. Is that what you mean?

Sparrowsabre7 said:
animefreak17 said:

I both have seen and own Millennium Actress and I still don't know what you mean :p

The film uses her acting career as a parallel/ mirror of her real trials an tribulations. It blurs the line between reality and fiction and presents a quasi-biopic despite using several different films and settings. Is that what you mean?
yep

any news on

hetalia new world and series
gurren largann movies
hellsing volumes 5-7

and i hear theres going to be a new ( hellsing called the dawn ) look on wiki

Hetalia World Series is starting to come out in R1 in mid-January, so expect it here either a couple of months after that, or never, depending on how well the previous sets did for Manga.

We will never get the Gurren Lagann movies over here in the current climate I would think, since they wouldn't be fully dubbed and are therefore without merit to most of our UK industry :(

And Hellsing Ultimate is a big question mark everywhere in the west since the rights became tangled up.

R

We do seem to have a limit on new shows that come out only subbed on R2, if at all. Which is a shame since I'm sure in this current day and age people would grasp the opportunity

Otaku-san said:
We do seem to have a limit on new shows that come out only subbed on R2, if at all. Which is a shame since I'm sure in this current day and age people would grasp the opportunity
it takes a fan to understand what needs to be done,

the companies that deal with anime does it for the money not for the fans

hey guys i think we need a thread about *what anime shows are popular at the moment* id do it but i couldn't keep up a update if my life depended on it.

RUI dont you think thats a good idea

Back