any news on

hetalia new world and series
gurren largann movies
hellsing volumes 5-7

and i hear theres going to be a new ( hellsing called the dawn ) look on wiki

The Dawn is a bonus ova with the LE Ultimate DVDs if MAL is telling the truth

animefreak17 said:
the companies that deal with anime does it for the money not for the fans
Whilst something of a truism in the first part, clearly not entirely the case, especially not in the UK.

animefreak17 said:
hey guys i think we need a thread about *what anime shows are popular at the moment* id do it but i couldn't keep up a update if my life depended on it.
Surely the viewing journal thread does this by default.

A company's main goal is to provide a good for it's customers to make a profit so it's true that they do it for money. However they obviously need to care about the fans as that is their consumers and without them they make no profits.

whats the most wanted animes that every fan in the uk want at the moment?

i watch random animes so i dont know whats most wanted at the moment since i know il be watching it anyway

Now that Funimation have announced that they are releasing beyond episode 205 of one piece. The next show on my list is Durarara with the dub, I'm willing to wait until December for beez to give a release date and if they don't by then I’ll order the American release.

I would also want the rest of Hetalia to be released. Given the fact that the series does appear to be one of the most popular at the moment I think that it is certain that the series will be released.

It would be nice to see the Gurren Lagann films come out as well. I'm not sure that the dubbing will matter as they are released by Beez, and they are French.

I suppose well for Beez might be poor for MVM (it could have been doing better through certain online stores too) ^^

I hope it's true, as if Beez get a lot of sub-only shows rolling it will hopefully get less of a stigma over time.

R

Rui said:
I suppose well for Beez might be poor for MVM (it could have been doing better through certain online stores too) ^^

I hope it's true, as if Beez get a lot of sub-only shows rolling it will hopefully get less of a stigma over time.

R

I wonder how Tokyo Godfathers did, that was a sub-only show over here.

animefreak17 said:
gurren larganns awesome i would of thought the movies would be a most wanted.

Unlikely. They aren't movies in their own right, they're summary movies with some added scenes. Death Note and GITS SAC are the only shows I'm aware of that had summary movies released for and neither were especially well received AFAIK.

Ian Wolf said:
animefreak17 said:

I would want them. ^_^

i know right............... we all know gurren largann is a fantastic series and its well-known by loads of loads fans and then the movies came out, i would of thought there would be a huge demand for these movies

Sparrowsabre7 said:
animefreak17 said:

Unlikely. They aren't movies in their own right, they're summary movies with some added scenes. Death Note and GITS SAC are the only shows I'm aware of that had summary movies released for and neither were especially well received AFAIK.

iv seen a few pics of the movies and there all awesome

I liked Gurren Lagann a lot but I never bothered buying the compilation movies, so I think quite a lot of the fans would drop off. However, movies do tend to sell better than complete series, so they might gather up some new fans who can't be bothered to watch a longish TV show just to test the waters with some exciting robot action?

But then, a more casual kind of fan might be less open to sub-only releases :(

Sparrowsabre7 said:
I wonder how Tokyo Godfathers did, that was a sub-only show over here.

I'd really like to see some solid information on it. Manga have said before that sub-only releases sell only half of what a series would get if it was bilingual, but that doesn't sound like a bad trade off when the numbers involved are right. Manga get their dubs for pretty much free though, so it makes more sense for them to dive on things with preexisting dubs.

They'd have to pick certain types of shows though for sub-only. I suspect with Tokyo Godfathers' content it can't have done much worse at all sub-only than if it had had a dub, since it would have had a very different target audience to normal.

R

Back