AnimeCentral; a new anime TV channel coming to the UK?

trumpster said:
Ash said:
Is it just me, or did FMA get cut of so GitS aired twice tonight?
I noticed that. :D You just reminded me to send a letter of thanks to the guy that made the blunder. 8)

JK, I was hoping to see the rest of FMA, I've only got a third of the series. It's getting to the point where I stopped.

I have seen the full series once before but, I was planning to rewatch it all.

Hoping they air the episode tomorrow then, and I guess a channel has bound to have problems at some point... Just didn't think it'd be so soon.

Ash said:
trumpster said:
Ash said:
I noticed that. :D You just reminded me to send a letter of thanks to the guy that made the blunder. 8)

JK, I was hoping to see the rest of FMA, I've only got a third of the series. It's getting to the point where I stopped.

Hoping they air the episode tomorrow then, and I guess a channel has bound to have problems at some point... Just didn't think it'd be so soon.
I haven't read back but did anyone notice they first played the GITS:SAC episode Machine Desirantes before the episode where Batou's Tachikoma goes off on a walkabout? and then they played it again after they got the order right.

trumpster said:
Ash said:
trumpster said:
Ash said:

I haven't read back but did anyone notice they first played the GITS:SAC episode Machine Desirantes before the episode where Batou's Tachikoma goes off on a walkabout? and then they played it again after they got the order right.

yep, on the previous page :p

trumpster said:

MOAR QUOTES!??!

I want to watch from episode 32 as thats where I left it. I really need to get the rest of the DVD's. It would help out a fair bit.

Ash said:
Personally I would expect it more sooner than later. In the early days they are still finding their feet whereas later on they will probably find a groove and stick to it.

Conan-san said:
Ryo Chan said:
something that might interest you in how the channels doing

The figures are in. Animecentral managed to pull in 130,000 viewers on it's first week. I'm no analysist but that seems pretty good considering the timeslot and relative niche of the channel.

It was able to beat The Business Channel, Community Channel, Film24, MusFlash, MUTV, Oseaproperty, Rockworld TV, Simply TV, The Baby Channel and xleaguetv.
oh yeah, like Xleguetv is any crap.

I guess when the name "Anime" is in the channel's name, it must gain in more viewers.

But gawd, it must be very good then (despite all the annoying faults)

Ok, so... I joined the forums and noticed how like, everyone is some Bleachtard, I think I'm gonna stick around, things will get interesting. ;]

BlackWolf said:
Speaking of faults, looks like they missed out Full Metal Alchemist again :p
Yep, heh. Guess they either got sick of that series or someone's pinched the remaining reels. :p

Annoyed me too. I missed most of the ep currently on cause they're showing it early. :lol:

BlackWolf said:
Speaking of faults, looks like they missed out Full Metal Alchemist again :p

They're correcting the mistake from earlier so they can show the final 2 episodes of GitS tonight along with the final episodes of Escaflowne and PlanetES before repeating, they are also changing the order from tomorrow:

21:00 Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
21:30 Planetes
22:00 Fullmetal Alchemist
22:30 Bleach
23:00 Vision of Escaflowne
23:30 Transformers Headmasters

Repeat x 2

FMA is 51 episodes long so doesn't need to match up. Luckily I've gotten into FMA so when GitS popped up instead I didn't miss it.

I've got the box set of the series, but I don't want to dig it out of the mountain it's buried in. 8)

What's worse is them showing Planetes on earlier. which considering I usually don't get the tv until dad goes to sleep, usually between 22:00 and 23:00, means I'll have to stay up till 01:00 every night now.

Nice ending to Planetes, though I would still like to see how he does on the actual Jupiter Mission itself. Now I need to find the music. :) Pretty good stuff, especially with the musical ending montage similar to the finale of Stratos 4.

Apart from a couple that I missed, like the first one and a few that I fell asleep during I shouldn't have to worry too much about getting the TV to be able to watch the repeats. Definately a good show, I'll probably pick up a box set when it's available.

trumpster said:
Nice ending to Planetes, though I would still like to see how he does on the actual Jupiter Mission itself. Now I need to find the music. :) Pretty good stuff, especially with the musical ending montage similar to the finale of Stratos 4.

Apart from a couple that I missed, like the first one and a few that I fell asleep during I shouldn't have to worry too much about getting the TV to be able to watch the repeats. Definately a good show, I'll probably pick up a box set when it's available.
The whole series is already available in a pair of boxed sets...

Gawyn said:
The whole series is already available in a pair of boxed sets...
meh, :( I'm broke cause I ordered the first 3 DVDs of Ergo Proxy. And there's so many other things I want like .Hack//Roots volume 2 special box. :p

Ryo Chan said:
trumpster said:
Nice ending to Planetes, though I would still like to see how he does on the actual Jupiter Mission itself.

AHHHHHHHHHH SPOILERS DAMN IT!!!
Yeah, I've the last two episodes to watch tonight too!! Luckily I managed to avert my eyes mid-sentance so didn't read it properly. :roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had my fair share of spoilers, glad I didn't read this.

I think spoilers are possibly the worst thing you can do in conversation/discussion. Really selfish thing to do, if I were a mod I would create a sticky about having no spoilers except in related discussions in the "views/recommendations" section.

*hits trumpster round the head with a metal baseball bat until he bleeds, while repeatedly kicking him* :)

well I wasn't able to finish Palnetes thanks to my damn sky signal still chopping the image and sound up into an unwatchable mess. My parents had someone from Sky come and have a look and realign the dish to fix the channels they watch (sports channels). Unforunately I was at work that day so 199 the most important channel of all is still not being received correctly as well as a few of the channels just below 199.

I can at least watch Anime Network now which was also unwatchable before but I really want to see more FMA and Planetes, stoopid sky guy. :cry:

Slowly working my way through Planetes (ep 13) on Sky Plus. I still have to save them on it, because SOMEONE wont watch them! *Glares at Ryo*

Glad I only revealed the first few words of that spoiler. :p

Back