AnimeCentral; a new anime TV channel coming to the UK?

Ryo Chan said:
Spimmy said:
i hope animecentral's forum doesnt become a big mess like animenetwork forum is!.

too late for that

full of "ZOMG BLEACH IS THE BESTEST!!!!11!! ROFLMAO" posts already

It does seem a little over the top with them, but its usually your typical 'Put Naruto an DBZ on AC!!!111!111' and such which goes about more, and it hacks a lot of us off =/

Spimmy said:
o_O replaying ep1 of bleach!

Yeah they've been running ads that they are going to be replaying "Season 1" of Bleach before moving onto the Soul Society Arc.

They will also be repeating Planetes and Escaflowne next week after they finish on Monday.

yep, though they have already said that once it gets back to ep 20 then they will start to show season 2, the soul society arc. It looks like they will do this sort of thing with other shows as well. Repeating them once then maybe showing something new, apart from Transformers which may move straight on to Masterforce then onto Victory

sniper_samurai said:
Raz23 said:
Okay fine AnimeCentral, I Give Up!
First I stopped watching Escaflowne because I missed an episode because of all the skipping and now every program is unwatchable, sometimes all I get is a black screen with snippets of distorted sound every now and then.

So now I've watched up to episode 16 of Bleach, FMA and Planetes and can't finish watching any of them without it costing an awful lot of money or finding them somewhere online, just great!

I'm suprised that no one has answered this before so I just registered so I could answer this as I had this problem with Setanta Sports.

Anyone who is having problems with this channel aside from atmospherics, your dish is out of alignment.

Anime Central is being carried on Eurobird 1 not astra like sky digital, if your dish is not in perfect alignment for astra all the channels on eurobird(Setanta Sports, every other CSC channel) willl have poor or no reception as when normally aligned Eurobird is near the edge of the dish.

To rectify this either realign it yourself (shouldn't take more than 5 minutes) or get a local fitter to realign it as a Sky engineer will cost you £80.

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate you registering just to answer my question it's a big help. I've got a sky engineeer coming out on Monday, my sky+ box is still under warrantee so no £80 charge for me :D

Arbalest said:
Ryo Chan said:
Spimmy said:
i hope animecentral's forum doesnt become a big mess like animenetwork forum is!.

too late for that

It does seem a little over the top with them, but its usually your typical 'Put Naruto an DBZ on AC!!!111!111' and such which goes about more, and it hacks a lot of us off =/
It sounds like the place needs me to troll and flame to set it into order, you know, so it's a good forum, like this one. >_>

Now that some of the seies will finnish are they going to change the schedule to add some othere animes instead?

The freezing only happen to me on the second day of the launch I got so annoyed so I switch over to the anime network.

shh227 said:
Now that some of the seies will finnish are they going to change the schedule to add some othere animes instead?

The freezing only happen to me on the second day of the launch I got so annoyed so I switch over to the anime network.

nope just repeat them

October is gonna see the number of AC veiwers dramaticly drop now just cause no one will want to see the repeats

something that might interest you in how the channels doing

The figures are in. Animecentral managed to pull in 130,000 viewers on it's first week. I'm no analysist but that seems pretty good considering the timeslot and relative niche of the channel.

It was able to beat The Business Channel, Community Channel, Film24, MusFlash, MUTV, Oseaproperty, Rockworld TV, Simply TV, The Baby Channel and xleaguetv.

I don't know how good those figures are in relation. I just hope it's enough to keep the channel going. The channel will definately suffer when they start repeats but they must be expecting that anyway. Does anyone know how long the repeats will show for before any change?

Voddas said:
I don't know how good those figures are in relation. I just hope it's enough to keep the channel going. The channel will definately suffer when they start repeats but they must be expecting that anyway. Does anyone know how long the repeats will show for before any change?

dunno bout the other shows, but bleach is set for only 1 repeat before the SS arc

Hmm... hope it won't be too long. I've seen all the series showing at the moment, barring Planetes. Guess we'll just have to sit back and wait and see. A better selection would be nice. Don't know what they were thinking with the choice of Tranformer series.
"Duh, we dub english good." :?

Ryo Chan said:

The figures are in. Animecentral managed to pull in 130,000 viewers on it's first week. I'm no analysist but that seems pretty good considering the timeslot and relative niche of the channel.

It was able to beat The Business Channel, Community Channel, Film24, MusFlash, MUTV, Oseaproperty, Rockworld TV, Simply TV, The Baby Channel and xleaguetv.

It's decent enough numbers but not enough for the big boys to pay attention. It's a decent start and with luck it could grow it was narrowly defeated by Nuts and that's on Freeview :roll:

Lupus Inu said:
Arbalest said:
Ryo Chan said:
Spimmy said:

too late for that

It sounds like the place needs me to troll and flame to set it into order, you know, so it's a good forum, like this one. >_>

I already done that... I setted up a topic about their grammar, and I got flamed for it...

Give me this site over theirs any day =D

Ryo Chan said:

oh yeah, like Xleguetv is any crap.

Ash said:
Is it just me, or did FMA get cut of so GitS aired twice tonight?
I noticed that. :D You just reminded me to send a letter of thanks to the guy that made the blunder. 8)

JK, I was hoping to see the rest of FMA, I've only got a third of the series. It's getting to the point where I stopped.

Back