AnimeCentral; a new anime TV channel coming to the UK?

Animated FatCat said:
BlackWolf said:
They are due to be changing some of the shows on the list at the end of the month i think. Transformers you're going to have to put up with for a long time to come due to the fact that they have about 109 eps to air in total (might be more or less) . For some reason i think they will replace Planetes with Gundam Seed, don't know why, just a hunch.

Headmasters Transformers is only 35 episodes though isn't it? I know the dub is quite silly and ropey, but it's not so bad that it's unwatchable. It's sort of an old-school starry-eyed thing that for me is quite enjoyable, seeing as i've never watched a Transformers series before, it was all before my time. I only remember the toys being advertised in the mid-90's.
Transformers: Headmasters is only 35 episodes but they have two other Takara Transformers (Masterforce and Victory) series to show of a similar length.

Addendum to my previous post: Finally got to see a block on Propellor tonight. Hell does that slay Animecentral! Azumanga - been done, but always a laugh. Pani Poni - madcap and loving it (Though having watched a couple fansubbed episodes, it was weird, but some of the dub is classic!) Ugly yet beutiful - seen episode 1 from newtype, intreaguing, but Kurau stole the show. Been wondering about that for ages and boy is it a good start!

If only Animecentral had that kind of selection! Pity it is only 2 hours and at an awkward time for me, but propellor wins round 1 on this alone.

Warmaster said:
Addendum to my previous post: Finally got to see a block on Propellor tonight. Hell does that slay Animecentral! Azumanga - been done, but always a laugh. Pani Poni - madcap and loving it (Though having watched a couple fansubbed episodes, it was weird, but some of the dub is classic!) Ugly yet beutiful - seen episode 1 from newtype, intreaguing, but Kurau stole the show. Been wondering about that for ages and boy is it a good start!

If only Animecentral had that kind of selection! Pity it is only 2 hours and at an awkward time for me, but propellor wins round 1 on this alone.

all down to preference,

only 3 shows i watch on AN compaired to 5 on AC here

Gawyn said:
Animated FatCat said:
BlackWolf said:
They are due to be changing some of the shows on the list at the end of the month i think. Transformers you're going to have to put up with for a long time to come due to the fact that they have about 109 eps to air in total (might be more or less) . For some reason i think they will replace Planetes with Gundam Seed, don't know why, just a hunch.

Headmasters Transformers is only 35 episodes though isn't it? I know the dub is quite silly and ropey, but it's not so bad that it's unwatchable. It's sort of an old-school starry-eyed thing that for me is quite enjoyable, seeing as i've never watched a Transformers series before, it was all before my time. I only remember the toys being advertised in the mid-90's.
Transformers: Headmasters is only 35 episodes but they have two other Takara Transformers (Masterforce and Victory) series to show of a similar length.

Just checked my Takara Collection, Masterforce has 42 episodes and Victory has 32 (38 if they dubbed the 6 clipshow episodes)

Warmaster said:

Amen, I have all of Azumanga Daioh. It's actually the first DVD Anime I ever watched and then later bought so it's really the reason I got into anime. Pani-Poni-dash is funny... in a very weird way. It seems like Azumanga Daioh and Negima combined though it doesn't seem as good as either... yet I am drawn to it like a car crash, can't look away. :?

The others are pretty excellent, UYBW seemed really good at the start but either I'm missing the good bits (highly probably due to the time it plays) or it's not as good as I was expecting. Kurau though is quite amazing. I've loved every one of the... 3 unconnected shows I've been able to watch. :roll:

The others... Innocent venus I just recieved the first rented dvd so I can see how it started and a Jinki Extend discount first volume should be in the post (Though ADV is rather dissapointing with it's dispatch service.) Guyver doesn't look as interesting as it first did and I've never got into NGE. As much as I love mecha... whenever it's biomechanical instead it doesn't seem to have the same appeal.

Mohawk52 said:
J_C_X said:
Those are the BARB numbers.
If that is true, that is far better than I had guessed with virtually no advertising outside of the fandom. So what is AN's count then?

AN's are not a available for some reason, I think it's the status of Propellor (I always spell this wrong) as a non profit organisation or something like that.

J_C_X said:
AN's are not a available for some reason, I think it's the status of Propellor (I always spell this wrong) as a non profit organisation or something like that.
With no commercials on AC one could say the same for them as well.

Fantastic! I finally got it working. Using the sky as a freeview box I can watch both animenetwork and anime central. Just finished watching Stand Alone Complex and oddly enough my favourite episode was on. Great stuff. I hope they start showing Bebop soon. :)

I don't think AC will be airing bebop for a while, they have Wolf's Rain, .Hack and 2nd Gig to air first, though i am wondering what they will show instead of FMA when that runs through its inevitable repeats

Ditchdigger said:
Cowboy Bebop starts next Tuesday according to my Sky guide.

Is it on at the time that FMA normally airs? I would of thought that they would have repeated it like they did the other shows when they first finished, but hey in this cae i would be gald to be wrong :)

BlackWolf said:
Ditchdigger said:
Cowboy Bebop starts next Tuesday according to my Sky guide.

Is it on at the time that FMA normally airs? I would of thought that they would have repeated it like they did the other shows when they first finished, but hey in this cae i would be gald to be wrong :)

Yes, I guess they decided that 51 episode was a bit too much to repeat.

I've got a lot to record, .Hack//Sign, Bebop and Wolf's Rain, And along with FMA until it finishes.

I'm going to have to start watching TV again.

Something's going to happen next Monday.

The Sky guide only says Anime Central instead of individual programs for the whole day and there are no listings on their website: Monday 12th!

Either they're going 24 hrs or it being pulled already. I'm hoping for the former, obviously.

Ditchdigger said:
Something's going to happen next Monday.

The Sky guide only says Anime Central instead of individual programs for the whole day and there are no listings on their website: Monday 12th!

Either they're going 24 hrs or it being pulled already. I'm hoping for the former, obviously.

Nope, don't believe what happens to AC. Mix up channel, wrong languages... AC is the worst channel I ever seen.

I'm sure its a mistake on the 3rd party behalf (and need to employ some reliable third party company quick)

Yeah, noticed that they've messed up Bleach now! What did they show instead of 31 last week? I missed that show and watched it on-line, but the next day they showed 32 so I was none the wiser till they showed 30 again last night.

I wouldn't say it's the worst channel ever, as they at least show stuff I'm interested in and haven't seen before unlike the hundreds of channels recycling old BBC programs over and over.

Back