Anime retailers No Import Fees List

Hey everyone.

So I got a customs charge for my latest SecondSpin order. This is I think only the second time this has ever happened. The first was when I ordered a bunch and they sent it via UPS instead (by a bunch I mean something like 10-15 DVDs). But this time I only ordered 4 Blu Rays and 2 DVDs (though more like 3 since one was a boxset). So 7 things I guess. Admittedly I haven't ordered this much in one go for a long long time, Years at this point. But still paying the charge and getting the box this morning I was really surprised by how small it was. I mean again it was years ago but I used to get boxes of this size all the time so I'm kinda frustrated about getting this customs charge, it made the savings within almost pointless unfortunately.

Anyway anyone else had customs charges with SecondSpin on orders of more than a couple of items recently? Wonder with Brexit coming up if they've changed some things? Still sent from Shepardsville KY but this time from 'Alliance Entertainment' which I'm not sure if that's new or not? I bought a single DVD a few weeks ago which came through fine (though that was probably under the threshold anyway).

Man I miss the days (the insane days) where I could order literally a hundred DVDs or so and not pay more than 3.99 shipping and zero customs charges lol. And given Secondspin archive all your orders I can still look at those and laugh at the lunacy of it from time to time.
June was the last time I ordered with no issue.

Since they added the mandatory 20% "tax" for UK orders on WOWHD and Deep discount it's possible they're no longer sneaking stuff through anymore. Last order was a couple of months back and there was no issue then

UP1USA packaging is always impeccable, at least as good as TRSI are packaging their stuff. Made a lot of orders at their shop and never had a damaged item or even a dented item. Land of the Lustrous was a steelbook I've ordered at their shop and had no problems with it.

UP1USA packaging is always impeccable, at least as good as TRSI are packaging their stuff. Made a lot of orders at their shop and never had a damaged item or even a dented item. Land of the Lustrous was a steelbook I've ordered at their shop and had no problems with it.
Thanks! Looks like I'll be getting the Lelouch of the Resurrection steelbook through them.

This may mean nothing but second spin state they are no longer buying in music and movies.
According to some people on Facebook, looks like their parent company has been bought out by a Canadian company, no word from secondspin or parent company, but seeing as they are now doing a 25% inventory reduction tends to suggest they are going, whether they will be back rebadged is anyones guess.

At least they still offer shipping to Europe - Amazon US has suspended international shipping for most items.
RightStuf switched to FedEx, also causing approx $10 extra for most orders.

The problem with Fedex are the illegal "Adminstration fee's" they add to VAT invoices you got to contest everytime you use them. I wish rightstuf would use someone else.

The problem with Fedex are the illegal "Adminstration fee's" they add to VAT invoices you got to contest everytime you use them. I wish rightstuf would use someone else.

Technically they are entitled by law to charge a "reasonable" fee for handling the HMRC boarder control paperwork/process on your behalf. Calling it illegal would be incorrect.

The only reason Fedex gives up to people easily is because they give you the item, and then invoice you meaning they have no leverage against people who are stubborn, and its not worth pursuing legally speaking for £10.

If you never want to deal with administration handling fees then I suggest having it declared that you will clear the package yourself.

I want to take advantage of the Rightstuf Discotek sale this week but I'm struggling to work out what my customs hit is gonna be. Can someone give me a ballpark percentage to work from?

Yes once I'd factored this in I realised that United Publications was probably as cost effective as rightstuf and then I just didn't anything....

Back