Anime moments that made you cry/scream "NOOOOO!!!"

I also threw a bit of a hissy fit in Outlaw Star when Hot Ice Hilda died. It was unexpected, and uncool! She was a great character![/spoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
stuart-says-yes said:
The last 10 minutes of the final episode of Cowboy Bebop

God, I know!

I'd sat down to watch that with a big bottle of cola and a humungous bag of Tesco cheese puffs (a great way to watch anime!) - I think I threw more of those cheese puffs at the TV during the end credits of that episode than I actually ate.

But y'know what? I wouldn't change that ending for anything in the world.

HdE said:
stuart-says-yes said:
The last 10 minutes of the final episode of Cowboy Bebop

God, I know!

I'd sat down to watch that with a big bottle of cola and a humungous bag of Tesco cheese puffs (a great way to watch anime!) - I think I threw more of those cheese puffs at the TV during the end credits of that episode than I actually ate.

Yeah, true, it upset me a bit, but what a fantastic way to end the series! Would have liked to have seen Spike and Faye hook up though...

Legend of the Galactic Heroes - end of Season One (you know what I mean)

Legend of the Galactic Heroes - episode 82 (oh you DEFINITELY know what I mean)

Grave of the Fireflies - watching the entire movie is like this: 'No. No. Oh God no. No, please, no God ********** no. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!'

Major Season 1 - if you've seen this, you'll know

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - oh please, do I REALLY need to say it?

Death Note - I don't need to tell those who have seen it what I mean, although this is to a much lesser degree than the above mentioned.

Toward the Terra TV - okay this one will need clarification when Soldier Blue dies... I LOVED that character and hoped he'd have a much stronger role, but the way he died was suitably heroic, poetic, and beautiful

Other than that I agree with Reaper gI - truly a tragic moment for Gundam when S2 brought back bloody EVERYONE.

for just about every rom-com i watch, anytime there is some form of romantic development between the main characters, another character has to interrupt, that's my biggest NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO moment

Fairy Tail when they show is Lisanna getting smacked up by Elfman

Ilmae will tell you it depressed me for days, till i replayed the scene to

*Warning, not safe for under 16/people with parents near

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D5us5mqm304?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D5us5mqm304?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

HdE said:
So be it. By wishing this, you condemn your screen to be forever dusted with synthetic cheesy deposits.
Did you splash the cola against it as well?

The end of the first episode of Darker than Black Gemini of the Meteor when April died. It was such a great fight, why ruin it with the death of such a cool character?

Outlaw Star when Jim's potential girlfriend got turned into space-dust.

Cowboy Bebop finale. Actually when the whole crew started to break-up.

VivisQueen said:
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - end of Season One (you know what I mean)

Legend of the Galactic Heroes - episode 82 (oh you DEFINITELY know what I mean)
Had to look them up, but yes.
Will add
Raxhephon Episode 19 ... need I say more?
Pineapple salad in Marcoss.
Code Geass episodes 14 justifiable brainwashing but still the meeting afterwards was heart wrenching , 22 did NOT see that coming and in season 2 eps 13 Knew it was coming but it still was a kick in the gut
Mahoromatic s2 second last episode (the last one as also a 'Very NOOOooo!, but mainly cause it was so crap)
Rideback Episode 10
The Wings of Honneamise- that scene more because it was just so out of left field

Like many have said:

Hughes's death in Full Metal Alchemist. Then the funeral made me cry for so many reasons. But I think the most depressing things was the fact that Elicia doesn't understand what's happening. Armstrong crying (you never see that man cry). The fact that the elrics don't know. But there's one line that Roy says that has so much meaning underneath it. "It's going to rain today"

Back