Anime moments that made you cry/scream "NOOOOO!!!"

rory_okane

Completely Average High School Student
As the title says - remember, please denote spoilers.
My personal one that I have (that is actually both):
FMA
Maes Hughes' death made me shout "NOOOOOOO!", and his funeral made me cry a bit, especially with his daughter asking what was happening. It really upset me - he was a really good guy in the anime. Bastard homunculi.

Anyone else have a weepy moment? Or are we all too stern and manly to have any such feelings? :p [/spoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't cry out NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (shouldn't it be IYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA? =P) but the end of Millennium Actress made me shed a few tears.

Zero Requiem in Code Geass R2 was a jawdropper for sure.

Not so much 'NOOOOOO!' as a 'WHAAAAAT???' in Darker Than Black, when November 11 died.

It was at that point in the series that I really at up and started paying attention.

FMA's and Geass' are definatly in there for me

but my vote so far goes with Air and the fact that 1 of the girls doesn't exist and the main goes and bloody dies on me :(

That was the happy end for AIR as well. It's more the mindscrew that gets me there, used to plot devices like that due to Kanon. Damn that's hard to rewatch, a lot of foreshadowing you totaly miss first time through.

Gundam 00 S2 ep1, for the oposite reason to normal, why couldn't they all stay dead, why!!!!!

Oh yeah I had a WHAAAAAAAAAAT moment at GUndam 00 s2Ali's death, I mean the first 'death' was massively badass and gave Lockon closure and then FFFFFFF. I love Ali so I was glad he was back but he didn't even do much in s2 and got killed like a chump

Hughes' death in Fullmetal Alchemist was certainly shocking and raised my eyebrows a good half inch or so, but I can't say I was that affected by it.

The deaths of Yvon and Jessica in Kurau: Phantom Memory
however... that was a proper anguished "NO! They deserve to be happy you bastards!" moment. And I don't have many of those.

(series names left in so people know what they're spoiling)

The strongest emotional response I've had to an anime to date has been the end of Millennium Actress. No great shock there.

I could throw the penultimate episode of GitS: SAC 1st GIG in there, and pretty much all of the last few episodes of Texhnolyze: they were a long, drawn out "nooo!".

Back