UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Its literally the fact why FUNI has a UK base. Cos we are english even though we are in Europe, MVM should get welsh rights /s
After all CR got Scottish rights for that Anime that I know from Coffee and green tea. (I assume it was a mistake but hey the meme of the day is CR said YES)

Aniplex is pretty infamous for being difficult to work with. Just look at MVM and the Monogatari series lol
To MVM's defence, Hanabee went in limbo for god knows how long which clearly disrupted the Monogatari licensing process. Since MVM have been doing self-authors as of late, they're probably going to try and keep that up to avoid further issues like waiting years for other regions which is why Yuuna is coming sooner (heck it actually would not surprise me if they decided to self-author Umaru-chan R if Sentai are going to sit on it for more years to come).

To MVM's defence, Hanabee went in limbo for god knows how long which clearly disrupted the Monogatari licensing process. Since MVM have been doing self-authors as of late, they're probably going to try and keep that up to avoid further issues like waiting years for other regions which is why Yuuna is coming sooner (heck it actually would not surprise me if they decided to self-author Umaru-chan R if Sentai are going to sit on it for more years to come).
Oh that wasn't a jab at MVM. Hanabee is obviously a major factor but since then it does seem to be Aniplex's fault as they often allude to on Twitter

I usually pick up the AL Gundam titles so those are on the list. Demon Slayer I’ll likely get as it looks like it’ll be a good seller, same with Violet Evergarden. Possibly in for Promised Neverland as well.

I will be picking up:
The Promised Neverland
Demon Slayer
Violet Evergarden

Though I might prioritise Promised Neverland over Demon Slayer... Not sure yet.

I'm definitely getting Violet Evergarden, the others it will depend a bit on various things (as in I might get the Aniplex sets in certain cases if they have better extras, though I'm really not certain considering the price tags of a lot of their sets). I suppose it depends on how much I love show X vs. series Y and so on - I have more money than I used to but do still have to prioritize, and I really wanna save money for Christmas this year if I can manage it. I think I'm a bit lucky in that I don't feel compelled to watch everything more than once so I don't necessarily buy physical releases of titles I've already seen? Seriously psyched about VE though. Am also considering the standard of Sound! Euphonium but still a bit reluctant as I think it has some chance of getting a dub somewhere down the line, like I know Aniplex don't always dub their shows but the Kyoani label carries some heft in terms of increasing popularity and it's hardly an obscure series so I haven't given up hope on that yet. It did look like a really good series I want to buy it I just find it so much easier to watch anime dubbed these days. I'm worried if I bought it subbed only it would just sit on my shelf getting passed over in favour of other things that are dubbed... OTOH it might be a case like with Kaiba (the Masaaki Yuasa series) where it manages to hold my interest enough anyway cuz it's just really really good? (also I know that not all of VE is dubbed but I can handle one episode subbed out of a whole set to see the extended version).

I'm definitely getting Violet Evergarden, the others it will depend a bit on various things (as in I might get the Aniplex sets in certain cases if they have better extras, though I'm really not certain considering the price tags of a lot of their sets). I suppose it depends on how much I love show X vs. series Y and so on - I have more money than I used to but do still have to prioritize, and I really wanna save money for Christmas this year if I can manage it. I think I'm a bit lucky in that I don't feel compelled to watch everything more than once so I don't necessarily buy physical releases of titles I've already seen? Seriously psyched about VE though. Am also considering the standard of Sound! Euphonium but still a bit reluctant as I think it has some chance of getting a dub somewhere down the line, like I know Aniplex don't always dub their shows but the Kyoani label carries some heft in terms of increasing popularity and it's hardly an obscure series so I haven't given up hope on that yet. It did look like a really good series I want to buy it I just find it so much easier to watch anime dubbed these days. I'm worried if I bought it subbed only it would just sit on my shelf getting passed over in favour of other things that are dubbed... OTOH it might be a case like with Kaiba (the Masaaki Yuasa series) where it manages to hold my interest enough anyway cuz it's just really really good? (also I know that not all of VE is dubbed but I can handle one episode subbed out of a whole set to see the extended version).
Sound! Euphonium isn't an Aniplex series. Anime Limited licensed it from either Crunchyroll or Pony Canyon iirc

Oh yeah you're right IDK why I thought that! I'm guess Pony Canyon don't dub anything? Thanks for correcting me!
Pony Canyon dubbed one show and that was it, I suspect poor sales didn't help.

For UK, all of the Ponycan US titles, except for Welcome to the Ballroom and the films which Eleven Arts have (Eupo films for instance), are done through Crunchyroll.

Pony Canyon dubbed one show and that was it, I suspect poor sales didn't help.

For UK, all of the Ponycan US titles, except for Welcome to the Ballroom and the films which Eleven Arts have (Eupo films for instance), are done through Crunchyroll.

That's sad :( I will consider picking up the sub-only release if I can find a good deal on it or there isn't so much else I am really enthused about at Xmas in the hopes of it encouraging a dub... I guess at least I have voted with my wallet on the recent dubbed-and-subbed UK releases of Kyoani shows such as Tamako Market + Love Story and Violet Evergarden by preordering both series. The other consideration is that if I end up really liking the series I would want to show that I want them to bring over the second season and movies so that's the other argument in favour of a purchase. (I have not really seen any of it but it's well regarded and I love Kyoani so I have faith that I would likely very much enjoy it).

Sorry if someone already asked but is there any chance of AL or any other UK company bringing over Run With the Wind? I loved that show :)

Denny Fisher I know you buy virtually every UK release so props and I know you're completely sincere, but I think LelouchOTREs has the OST included as well as DVD copy in addition to the BD? As for Violet Evergarden I guess that one's kind of subjective as to how much a person will pay but I think thedoctor2016 has a point plus the artbook is massive for this one (albeit soft rather than hardcover). Edit: fair enough you didn't know the films were included. :)

Back