UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I think with regards to shows like Marmalade Boy (which would be great if they were brought over), there's also the question as to whether SD-BDs (Standard Definition transfer on Blu-ray) is marketable in the UK anime scene.
The other problem is: SD-BD are usually marketed at lower prices than regular BD and are assumed to reach a smaller audience - but still BBFC charges full rates. Could £ 20,000 BBFC fees justifiy Marmalade Boy?
And sadly only very few anime that are avaiable on SDBD in the US already got BBFC for an earlier UK-DVD.

Relaxo you make a valid (though unfortunate) point. I suppose if MB ever gets a full HD remaster and release maybe that might increase its chances, though that would also increase the cost of production for the discs as there would be more of them. I also wish someone would bring over Touch and The Kabocha Wine but chances of that are slim to non-existent (unlike awesomely lovely L/Eru-chan)...

...I wonder what the early bird price for 5cm Per Second Steelbook will be? :) (felt a bit guilty for getting this thread arguably far off topic so am trying to rectify that a tad XP ).

@anime_andrew so i signed up for screen anime and the payment has gone thro, but no Code ?
Just jumping in here. If you don't receive an email about the discount code after the end of your free trial, send Screen Anime a message on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram (whichever's your preferred) with the email address you used to sign up to Screen Anime, and that can be looked into for you.

5cm/s & CWCLV's early bird probably won't appear for a while. Given they're announcing the slates each month I suspect the rest of October and early November will be dedicated to November titles.

DateEarly Bird PriceAnime
4th September£34.99 [SA: £31.50]Bartender
11th September£51.99 [SA: £47.00]Tamako Market & Tamako Love Story
18th September£19.99 [SA: £18.00]Birthday Wonderland
25th September£34.99 [SA: £31.50]Sword Art Online: Alicization Part 1
2nd October£24.99 [SA: £22.50]Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection
9th October£34.99 [SA: £31.50]Turn-A Gundam Part 1
16th October?????? November title (tentative guess)
23rd October?????? November title (tentative guess)
30th October?????? November title (tentative guess)
6th November?????? November title (tentative guess)
13th November?????? November title (tentative guess)
20th November?????? December title (tentative guess)
27th November?????? December title (tentative guess)
Christmas Sale Season?????? December title (tentative guess)

#AnimeFormatNotes
15 Centimeters per SecondFilmDecember 2020 (Confirmed)
2Anemone: Eureka Seven Hi-EvolutionFilm
3Cardcaptor SakuraTV Series
4Cardcaptor Sakura the Movie: The Sealed CardFilm
5Children of the SeaFilm
6Children Who Chase Lost VoicesFilmJanuary 2021 (Confirmed)
7Comet LuciferTV Series
8Cyber City Oedo 808OVA Series
9Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no YaibaTV Series
10Eureka: Eureka Seven Hi-EvolutionFilm
11Full Metal Panic! Invisible VictoryTV Series
12Gakuen Basara: Samurai High School!TV Series
13High School FleetTV Series
14InuYasha Season 1TV Series
15K: Seven StoriesTV Series
16Kakegurui: Compulsive GamblerTV Series
17Konosuba - God's Blessing in this Wonderful World! Season 2TV Series
18Lupin the Third Part 5TV Series
19Millennium ActressFilm
20Neon Genesis Evangelion
Evangelion: Death(true)2
The End of Evangelion
TV Series
2 Films
2021 (Confirmed)
21PERSONA5 The AnimationTV Series
22PlanetesTV Series
23Ride Your WaveFilm
24The Promised Neverland Season 1TV Series
25Violet EvergardenTV Series
26Violet Evergarden: Eternity and the Auto Memory DollFilm
27We Rent TsukumogamiTV Series

I think as Violet Evergarden seems to be on track to be a £100 UE (due to having the dub and having the extended 13 as sub only) and they want a lot of material it won’t be till 2021

I've decided I'm going to wait for the eventual CE which I'm fairly confident WILL happen. £50 extra is too much for added stuff I don't particularly want, especially when Destiny is probably going to be an extra £50 down the line also.

Don't be a boob, buy Gundam SEED.
ukW6VLv.gif

I do wish they would confirm if SEED is getting their usual type of release before the UE comes out, I don't care about the extras and would very much prefer a release similar to every other Gundam release they've done.

I do wish they would confirm if SEED is getting their usual type of release before the UE comes out, I don't care about the extras and would very much prefer a release similar to every other Gundam release they've done.
I'd assume its gonna fit with previous releases (can you imagine the backlash if it didn't?!) 😂
I'm more interested in the art book that was mentioned in the initial announcement but missing any kind of recognition when the preorder went up... if you're trying to flog a £120 box set I'd think saying it comes with a big art book would be a selling point.

It won’t be A4 like the US book (hence why I didn’t buy it)
I'm fine with the size not being A4 but a little more info wouldn't be bad. Imagine trying to sell the Perfect Blue, FMA, or even B: The Beinning UE and saying in one throw away sentence somewhere in the initial announcement
'oh yeah there's an artbook'
I just think if you're trying to sell something pretty pricey its weird you wouldn't mention everything they're getting. You should be shouting it out in every tweet, maybe mention it on the product page 😂

Back