UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

That's neat. In the worst case scenario I can always make sure that I keep the Gundam Boxes consistent if I can't get the Deluxe.

I'm not expecting a complete replica either, but out of the extras, I would say the best ones to prioritise is an Artbook (either your own version or the same one) and the Frozen Teardrop Picture Drama/various other on-disc extras Blu-ray disc. Thankfully Gundam 00 and G Gundam didn't do this sneaky tactic so the other Deluxe Editions that you may plan won't lose out on on-disc content.
I would assume they want to keep the same book as it had exclusive interviews carried out for just it.
And the lowest I can see this CE being is £90 (£35,£35, £20) so for £20 more is what cost me the US UCE. And as AL can charge £90 for a film I would easily expect it to be £100+. But I won’t buy the EBs without knowing the final set contents which seems to be currently unknown.
And SEED is gonna do the same exclusive non remastered versions I assume only in uce. But I currently doubt we will ever reach that.
As I have just realised all the Gundams AL are releasing are the ones that have been BBFCs and the remastered versions are slightly different so I assume would have to be redone

Last edited:
I would assume they want to keep the same book as it had exclusive interviews carried out for just it.
And the lowest I can see this CE being is £90 (£35,£35, £20) so for £20 more is what cost me the US UCE. And as AL can charge £90 for a film I would easily expect it to be £100+. But I won’t buy the EBs without knowing the final set contents which seems to be currently unknown.
And SEED is gonna do the same exclusive non remastered versions I assume only in uce. But I currently doubt we will ever reach that.
As I have just realised all the Gundams AL are releasing are the ones that have been BBFCs and the remastered versions are slightly different so I assume would have to be redone
Anime Limited will have to send Endless Waltz back to the BBFC since they have both versions now, as well as the Operation Meteor that needs rating (otherwise it's well.. illegal to actually release them without doing so).

Anime Limited will have to send Endless Waltz back to the BBFC since they have both versions now, as well as the Operation Meteor that needs rating (otherwise it's well.. illegal to actually release them without doing so).
That is only a film length so I can understand that. So yeah SEED would need to be re rated I guess so I doubt its coming.

Can we go without Frozen Teardrop? It's so very, very bad...

Admittedly kinda irked at confirmation we're basically never getting anything as nice as the US complete sets.

It’s nice to own if even just for completion
It's kind of a catch 22 for me. I want to support the UK releases and have held out for them.

But we've had a lot of delays. America and France are both getting fancy Gundam events and we apparently aren't. We aren't getting the cool complete series collector sets either. We're getting keychains.

Sorry to sound like such a brat and I'm sure there are reasons. But speaking as a fan in the middle of the 40th anniversary celebrations? Yeah, I'm disappointed.

I'd say my only real wish for the CE version is that is has it's own box that holds Part 1, 2 and Endless Waltz together has a complete package

That's definitely the plan - what we're aiming towards is a single box that will hold everything. (Insert usual licensor approval disclaimer here)

Was
Yep, we already touched on this in our Summer of Gundam launch post (and there was a lot in there, so I can understand why folk missed it!) - the plan is that you'll be able to buy the Part 1 and Part 2 Collector's Edition sets of Gundam Wing as they're released, and then we'll be offering up a Shop Exclusive release of Endless Waltz that will allow you to "complete" the set.

Can we expect a similar system for 00/A Wakening of the Trailblazer?

Can we expect a similar system for 00/A Wakening of the Trailblazer?

Gundam 00 is a little further down the line in terms of our plans so we don't have anything concrete yet, but that's certainly what we're looking at currently.

That's definitely the plan - what we're aiming towards is a single box that will hold everything. (Insert usual licensor approval disclaimer here)
So wouldn't that make it two boxes as the Series Box then the box for the OVA and I assume book.
It is tough to decide if i should get it as yes the US is very annoying to open and get out the show but A4 book.

could always ask somone to smash their disc and take a photo of the remains

Unless they double check every picture to make sure no duplicates are sent, or two different pictures of the same destroyed discs.

It's much easier to just receive a pair of discs, and then ship a pair of discs and ensure additional stock isn't shipped out to scammers

Back