UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

For me will I rewatch these over the show and after how much I hated the first recap I can’t say i will so it’s not worth the same price as a new film
From AL is to me

Wont deny I downloaded a JP rip of film 2 to give it a quick look through since I was curious about the suzaku pov thing.

The new scenes were interesting, and honestly I enjoy code geass enough to have the changes

For £20 I'm tempted to just buy Geass tomorrow and forget the code.

AL's accountant:
mi0sM5K.gif

In pleased we are getting more SAO but the Lack of newer series is a tad disappointing. I currently have SAO, Violet Evergarden and Full Metal Panic 4 on my purchase list for next year.

Continuing SAO with Alicization seems a big win for them, so fair play on that front. Dagashi Kashi & Haruchika honestly feel more like the kind of shows MVM would quietly release, although I know the former at least definitely has its fans. As for Chaos Dragon & Divine Gate, perhaps it's just the insulated circles I inhabit, but my main understanding is that they were seen as dumpster fires that people quickly forgot about. Although I do believe 'the Chaos Dragon effect' was an unofficial title given by the ANN forums for shows that ranked bottom on the weekly episodic rankings throughout an entire season. A title only matched by Hand Shakers as far as I can recall. A rather dubious feat I must say.

As for Shomin Sample, I basically know nothing about it beyond the title, while most of my knowledge of Calamity of the Zombie Girl comes from rather unflattering reports, such as the recent SLA podcast.

So yeah, let's just be nice & say there's nothing that appeals to me in that list. I wonder if this just the way things are going to be from now on, with the current upheaval involving the giant corporations meaning immediate acquisitions will have to give way to slightly older shows that slipped through the initial licensing cracks. Well, feast and famine...

Last edited:
For me it’s their worst panel ever we knew about all of them prior (they were hosting the SAO S3 premier in Scotland what a surprise they have it), all their ex FUNi titles pop up what a surprise and the films were announced at sla bar zombie girl which nearly made me die laughing as what luck they got bar far the worst rated SLA film two years in a row and it’s streaming on US CR which doesn’t take a rocket scientist to use.

Back