UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I didnt mean that. I meant why aren't people bar me it seems questioning the lack of Shinji.

I've been to the actual Evangelion store. I'll tell you know there is a large lack of Shinji merchandise in general. There is alot of Kaworu merchandise if we want to talk male characters, but Shinji not so much mostly Eva 01 instead of Shinji

For once Shinji is where he's supposed to be, in his mech and not on a poster and people still complain smh... /s
That quote drives me mad it means a lack of understanding stand. FWIW I wouldnt get in the robot either.
(Yes I know it was sarcastic but the get in the robot annoys me a lot)

People want representations of their Eva waifus in their homes.

What could be sinister about that?

HO7HGdP.gif

But why not husbandos I dont discriminate seems Khara does. 2 of my fav characters aren't included (Misato and Shinji) the lack of Misato is weird too. She is the best girl.

Slightly Eva-related, Maiden Japan have made a very welcome U-turn and cancelled their Space Runaway Ideon SD-Blu Ray in favour of a full Blu-Ray release at a later date. Wouldn't it be great if Anime Ltd got in on the act and split the costs for a dual territory release ;)

Slightly Eva-related, Maiden Japan have made a very welcome U-turn and cancelled their Space Runaway Ideon SD-Blu Ray in favour of a full Blu-Ray release at a later date. Wouldn't it be great if Anime Ltd got in on the act and split the costs for a dual territory release ;)

I wouldn't call that "slightly-eva related", and also BBFC costs put a stop to any plan for something as niche as Ideon

I wouldn't call that "slightly-eva related", and also BBFC costs put a stop to any plan for something as niche as Ideon

Ideon is a huge influence on Evangelion, with a near-identical ending. So it's a tangent, but not much of one. I accept your second point with a heavy heart, but is it really more niche than, say, Revolutionary Girl Utena which has the same episode count? Don't get me wrong, I like Utena, but I would have thought it a trickier sell than something with big robots and a Gundam and Evangelion connection.

Anyway, Maiden's announcement is the best anime home video news in the history of anime home video so I'm really not unsatisfied but I would love to see it available to a UK audience.

Back