UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

In regards to things that could be improved: Not the biggest deal, but for international customers, like me, the shipping from Anime Limited's own site is insanely expensive. I've never ordered anything from there, but the prices I saw from shipping something from the UK to my house in Michigan were insane. I get AL is a small company, and you don't have the resources Amazon does, but could the price ever be lowered? I'd like to support you guys directly (not sure if you deduct VAT from international orders), but it's too much. I want to support who makes a good product, but if Amazon UK can have shipping 2 to 4 times cheaper, than sorry guys, Amazon it is.

I'm not sure how much our friends in the Netherlands are charged (if they did buy directly, that is), but I'd hope it's lower than what I was estimated due to being way closer than the USA is to you.
Hmm would MVM' store or Zavvi be of any help to you?
UK Anime Store
Zavvi UK

You could support them more cheaper maybe that way ?
Since AL do free shipping to Eire I don't have any issues and the customer service is very helpful when contacted.

I purchase almost all my AL titles from AOL (MVM) for overseas shipping to the US, although I do still miss out on AL Exclusives, Early Bird deals, and AL sales. $33 dollars shipping to the US from ATA means I would have to order at least 6 titles at a time to get the shipping anywhere close to what AOL, Zavvi, or Amazon charge, but I've only been able to do that once because there are not that many titles available I wish to buy all at any one time.

I've used Zavvi before and it worked out fine and at a good price.

I've never used AOL (MVM) before, though I might eventually. Amazon UK is convenient (as I've ordered other UK non-anime BDs as well), and I already have a UK account.

Same thing with the distributor Eureka, want to support them for the great releases they're putting out, but VAT is a pain (I'm sorry you Brits have such high taxes, it's 6% here in Michigan, and it's the same in Pennsylvania, where GwG lives).

Does Anime Limited charge VAT for international orders? Just curious... (It's £25 for shipping to the USA at AL, whereas Amazon charges less than 5 quid.)

I've used Zavvi before and it worked out fine and at a good price.

I've never used AOL (MVM) before, though I might eventually. Amazon UK is convenient (as I've ordered other UK non-anime BDs as well), and I already have a UK account.

Same thing with the distributor Eureka, want to support them for the great releases they're putting out, but VAT is a pain (I'm sorry you Brits have such high taxes, it's 6% here in Michigan, and it's the same in Pennsylvania, where GwG lives).

Does Anime Limited charge VAT for international orders? Just curious...
Eureka do free postage worldwide though.

So I guess that last-second price hike for The Night is Short wasn't a fluke & we can probably expect a raise in pre-orders from now on. Will previous £35 priced early bird offers now cost £40? It would be nice to get some confirmation either way.

Well, it doesn't matter to me too much in this case. Kiznaiver is one of most spectacular productions I've ever seen, but it's also probably the most 'Mari Okada' in terms of judgemental & mean-spirited world views, which really sinks a story about creating bonds & developing empathy with one-another. It's another Rolling Girls situation for me, where the artistry and the scriptwriting don't match up at all.

Night is short had the exclusive poster extras, this one the artbook.

How many pieces are left btw? Can I afford to wait until later in the evening?
(That Fairy Tail Movie was gone fast as I remember... Though I don't remember how many pieces it was limited to.)

EDIT: Ok, I just got it right away after all and burned my dinner meanwhile, lol.

Will there be some notice when the 500 are gone? Like a diffrent product listing? Or is it more like a lottery?

Last edited:
Back