UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Just curious. How much bribing would have been necessary for you to have done the same for Hyouka?

No bribe - but it'd have been very difficult to do given the assets available and approvals in that case are extremely strict so it wasn't a risk we could really take. Given the time gap as was there between parts alas!

Best,

AP

Just curious. How much bribing would have been necessary for you to have done the same for Hyouka?

From what I understand, a huge amount of the art designs, etc. for Hyouka ended up being lost due to poor management, so there may not enough material to do the same. I believe the material found in the booklets constitutes pretty much everything available, at least from the character designer, Futoshi Nishiya. Kevin from The Sakuga Blog has complained about it a few times on twitter.

Last edited:
No bribe - but it'd have been very difficult to do given the assets available and approvals in that case are extremely strict so it wasn't a risk we could really take. Given the time gap as was there between parts alas!
That sounds like such a shame.
Well, I guess I'll be even more hyped for the Korean Ultimate Fan Edition. (I wonder what bribe they used on Kadokawa huh.)

From what I understand, a huge amount of the art designs, etc. for Hyouka ended up being lost due to poor management, so there may not enough material to do the same. I believe the material found in the booklets constitutes pretty much everything available, at least from the character designer, Futoshi Nishiya. Kevin from The Sakuga Blog has complained about it a few times on twitter.
Oh, didn't know about that, but even so, this seems to talk more about stuff that has never been able to get a release of some sort. (Which is a real pity. I wonder if lost means that it's lost as in destroyed or just lost because KyoAni can never get it out due to licencing reasons? They did manage to make those two KyoAni Shop exclusive Settei volumes.)
But regardless of that:
The Kiznaiver artbook also has the Japanese single releases covers collected in there. I was mostly thinking about that actually.
The material in AL's part 2 is pretty much the same as the book of the booklet book of the Japanese BD box. (Diffrently arranged, without the manga extra chapter and I think without some of that episode overview stuff.)
But regardless of material designs work, there is enough stuff that did get a release which could have easily filled up a book. I mean all of that cover artwork of the Japanese releases, their postcard extras, their artboxes and the promotional images.
That's like as much as this: 11x DVD single release covers, 11x LE single release covers, 4x DVD LE Artbox covers, 4x BD artbox covers, 3 postcards per single LE release, OVA cover, Japanese BD box cover, 2x Japanese BD Box wraps cover, several key promotional images... The cover of the Hyouka book (from inside the show) itself and those two doujin covers were some sort of extra, too.
... and then there is even more artwork spread across some merchandise and magazines. (I really like the artwork that was exclusive for that poster. Of which you can only find the preview image or a photo on the net.)

I've ever wondered, why there isn't some sort of artbook especially after I heard from a native Japanese person that Hyouka wasn't really unpopular to his knowledge either. They didn't seem to have any problem releasing artbooks for Haruhi. =<

(Still wondering what that 100p artbook in the Korean version will actually contain. The page count kind of suggests it's more artwork than just the release covers. Doesn't seem like material stuff, either, as there is a seperate 150p for that. If they were to just fill it up with screeshots it would feel a bit announce. But then at least I'd have all the LE single release covers and the BD artbox artworkds on the volumes packaging. One more month of waiting to find out. *_*)

I have to assume this might steer global handling of Gundam. The idea of it soon being possible to create any custom Gunpla you can imagine and then scanning it into a game to take it into battle...wow.

Since AL logo was brought up a few times, ever consider adding the mascot's face on the spine out of curiosity?

Anime-Limited-Podcast.jpg

Back