UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

An EB coming soon section sounds good.

Also just out of interest are the two K releases standard onlys or do you have CEs planned, perhaps as store exclusives?

Last edited:
Now Early Birds come out before Reviews and before unboxing.
So I had paid and arrived before the part 2 unboxing and I had part 1 so I was always going to buy their part 2 why is it so bad for me to say I was disappointed not that I hate it or regret buying it I was left disappointed. The only release I wish I hadn't bought was the FMP UE Which i assume people know why by now.
You could have always read the reviews, contacted them about returning it and sent it back couldn't you?

Yes FMP was a mistake everyone gets that and people move.
But that is a separate debate.

Like for me I'd much rather focus on the positive rather the negative.
Like I think Psycho pass S2 filler and the gits spin off series are poorly written crap but I wouldn't hate on a company for licensing them if it gets them some profit to help keep them afloat in a place as tough as the UK anime scene.

Deflecting is a poor sign of debating isn't it?
1. They showed an unboxing and we had reviews you didn't have to buy anything if you didn't want to now did you?
2. AL aren't big corporate meanies
or anything like from what I've seen so I'd say to try not be like the angry shouty man hat shouts at clouds as although stress is apart of life we should try relax and look at things from others view points and be more reasonable about things :)
3. A bit more positivity than negativity could do a bit of wonder.
1. Review wise I wish that was true for Re:Zero.
2. Doesn't excuse them for not learning from mistakes though.
3. Agreed, but looking at the Re:Zero case still makes me sigh a bit every time :(

Speaking about another release with a couple of problems: Your Name. Will that still get a fixed release?

3. Agreed, but looking at the Re:Zero case still makes me sigh a bit every time :(

Speaking about another release with a couple of problems: Your Name. Will that still get a fixed release?
Re:Zero was suprizing to me as it seems to be a issue for not just AL

I mean I do worry if we will get the sinners of system films in UK due to FUNImation
Yeah that could happen so I'd take a wait and see approach to it.

1. In fairness there was pretty heavy coverage from the minute the MCM advanced stock arrived and we started investigating as soon as we could too there. Covered that whole situation before so won't go back over it right now (mostly as I'm meant to be away by now from my desk!)

2. Also worth pointing out here we do actually learn from our mistakes - there's nothing stopping new and interesting (or boring) ones occurring though too alas! But we take on board what happens and try to iterate, this year especially should show that with our approach to release dates etc and the decrease in slippages.

That's why we aim for reasoned debate always too as it's harder to learn if you don't listen as well as explain the market realities when they apply.

3. Alas there are always situations that make us sigh too, wouldn't surprise you that the particular example in point certainly makes us do that too :(!

Re Your Name - Yes :). More on that in due course.

Best,

AP

These types of conversations I've seen in these past few pages are just a non-stop goose chase.

EP3_Chase_1.gif

Is there any news about Joker Game, I ask because if i'm not mistaken it's a Funimation/Crunchyroll deal, and we all know what that mean now.
Do AL still have the right for that serie? It was released in france via "@anime X crunchyroll" but only in DVD so no point in buying that.

Also is Dragon Dentist still a thing? It's been a while now.

We are constantly evaluating what to do and how to market early birds though so will keep this in mind. Do people find this an issue in general too insofar as there's not enough heads up on it coming up?

Please, make no changes to how early birds are handled, the current way is perfect already

If they like HIDIVE put blu ray streams fine I would admit it. But no they keep TV quality streams with censorship and the filter so I dont compare CR to a blu ray. Even our Netflix still doesnt have the dub so their is a reason for buying for the blu ray still .
The only streaming service I know of with Bluray quality is Anime-on-Demand in Germany with 1080p streams up to 40Mbps depending on the episode. Hidive is being labeled as Shitdive by some encoders because of their mediocre image quality and subs.
Unless you mean Funimation Bluray quality :p

Last edited:
AOD is also very expensive and I meant the uncensored blu ray streams. As yes no way in hell would CR have the bitrate of a BD
AOD also updates their releases with the BD version if a publisher has the license for it and it's 7.50€ a month if you get the 1 year subscription.

But back on topic, you can always cancel your early bird pre-order before it's been shipped iirc. If you don't like what you see from reviews or the unboxing that is.

Back