UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Paitence rewards you... what do I get with my wait for ERASED a disappointing release and feeling underwhelmed
I don't see how that release is underwhelming except it not using Aniplex discs. If I liked that show I'd definitely have bought this release.

Last edited:
I don't see how that release is underwhelming except it not using Aniplex discs. If I liked that show I'd definitely have bought this release.
The two sets dont match, We had a fully translated book for part 1 then they thought F it and gave us the AoA part 2 book so the sets dont match they are different sizes and the booklet for part 2 sucks in comparison,
And they are the AoA masters they are the same file size
I am pleased with the discs but they were available August from madman so I waited 6 months for the Extras and they disappointed

The two sets dont match, We had a fully translated book for part 1 then they thought F it and gave us the AoA part 2 book so the sets dont match they are different sizes and the booklet for part 2 sucks in comparison,
And they are the AoA masters they are the same file size
Oh well, I take back my comment ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Paitence rewards you... what do I get with my wait for ERASED a disappointing release and feeling underwhelmed

I think of this has already got covered previously in the discord chat has it not?

Though I think AL so far is fine and their support is helpful so beyond no issues with me or most people I talk to about anime who purchase it.

If people want to compare prices they can see the differences as overall the UK anime scene is a lot better I feel than it was when I was growing up or even a decade ago.

You could even say we are spoilt for choice at times in comparison to a decade could you not?
As if people want to get AOA products they can import and if they want to support the UK industry they can wait and buy that or double dip if they wish.

Overall no one or anything is perfect and I think we should try focus on the positive more often the negative.
If mistakes get made then they get learned from.

Trust me mate, take this from someone who knows, life really is too short to worry about the unimportant things.
One of the few downsides to living in a first world country - first world problems.....:eek:
What a sense of perspective could do for some people :rolleyes:
Very much agreed here as there is a lot bigger issues than anime stuff.

The one argument I despise is the oh it’s better than 10 years ago one. Yeah sorry rapid globalization and the growth of the internet occurred, and the fact I buy AoA so I can’t criticize prices... yeah sorry doesn’t wash with me. And the discord oh... I won’t talk about that

The one argument I despise is the oh it’s better than 10 years ago one. Yeah sorry rapid globalization and the growth of the internet occurred, and the fact I buy AoA so I can’t criticize prices... yeah sorry doesn’t wash with me. And the discord oh... I won’t talk about that
It is a valid point to be fair though if that is why you despise it that is fine.
I'd say try be more positive than negative as but you don't need to be bashful or anything as there is bigger issues than first worlds issues like anime stuff.
As it was disappointing or I had to buy it isn't overall a good argument either.

But what is there to be positive about... yeah I got ERASED, 8 months after everyone else?
Also why I despise that argument would I be an anime fan if I had to buy 4 ep DVDs and no be able to stream things no I wouldnt.

But what is there to be positive about... yeah I got ERASED, 8 months after everyone else?
Also why I despise that argument would I be an anime fan if I had to buy 4 ep DVDs and no be able to stream things no I wouldnt.
Everyone else?
I think that is an exaggeration yet again isn't it ?
As I didn't have to wait 8 months and neither did many others now did we?

That is another reason for why it is better than a decade ago so thanks for further proving my point XD

Blu ray quality and a dub is what I waited for.
CRs stream is not comparable to blu rays and im sick of people saying it is. If they like HIDIVE put blu ray streams fine I would admit it. But no they keep TV quality streams with censorship and the filter so I dont compare CR to a blu ray.
Even our Netflix still doesnt have the dub so their is a reason for buying for the blu ray still .

Blu ray quality and a dub is what I waited for.
CRs stream is not comparable to blu rays and im sick of people saying it is. If they like HIDIVE put blu ray streams fine I would admit it. But no they keep TV quality streams with censorship and the filter so I dont compare CR to a blu ray.
Even our Netflix still doesnt have the dub so their is a reason for buying for the blu ray still .
Deflecting is a poor sign of debating isn't it?
They showed an unboxing and we had reviews you didn't have to buy anything if you didn't want to now did you?
AL aren't big corporate meanies or anything like from what I've seen so I'd say to try not be like the angry shouty man hat shouts at clouds as although stress is apart of life we should try relax and look at things from others view points and be more reasonable about things :)
A bit more positivity than negativity could do a bit of wonder.

Now Early Birds come out before Reviews and before unboxing.
So I had paid and arrived before the part 2 unboxing and I had part 1 so I was always going to buy their part 2 why is it so bad for me to say I was disappointed not that I hate it or regret buying it I was left disappointed. The only release I wish I hadn't bought was the FMP UE Which i assume people know why by now.

Prices- The fact SE appear at random never said in advance just appear and Eps the fact if for some reason you miss one you dont want the pay the £41 price that is normally quoted. And that sub releases are the same prices as dubbed when obviously dub would have to have a higher cost

Re pricing - In fairness, that doesn't mean that prices are increasing gradually - the SRPs have not raised since we started releasing in earnest in 2014 but what has changed is Amazon's algorithm is no longer discounting product as much usually (which is a huge issue for all of us in anime because the cost of making an LE necessitates the prices we've set really).

Re Early Birds - In response to the above issue of not so much discounting going on nowadays, as you can guess what we use to compensate for that is our Early Bird. You do raise a good point on it in that it is harder for people to establish when early birds will be so you can budget for it. There are a lot of factors on why this is all surrounding the release date and when we get stock in primarily as we want the wait to be as little as possible nowadays from pre-order to receipt.

We are constantly evaluating what to do and how to market early birds though so will keep this in mind. Do people find this an issue in general too insofar as there's not enough heads up on it coming up?

I'm sorry if the ERASED release wasn't up to what you hoped it would be but what we did manage to deliver was a product that cost a fraction of the alternatively available set in the USA and with as much as we could pack in it. We'll never be able to please everyone but at least here in the office we were happy with it given the restrictions we had :).

Best,

Andrew

We are constantly evaluating what to do and how to market early birds though so will keep this in mind. Do people find this an issue in general too insofar as there's not enough heads up on it coming up?

I'm sorry if the ERASED release wasn't up to what you hoped it would be but what we did manage to deliver was a product that cost a fraction of the alternatively available set in the USA and with as much as we could pack in it. We'll never be able to please everyone but at least here in the office we were happy with it given the restrictions we had :).

Best,

Andrew
Wolfs Rain you gave notice iirc and I did remember to keep money aside and bought it so maybe a EB coming soon section would be helpful for me at least.
And yeah it is nice set its just not as nice as Part 1. Im glad I own them.

Back