UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

For me, I am concerned about prices which appear to be slowly increasing and the lack of communication regarding titles we have been told will appear in Q3 but haven't yet been dated. It would be helpful to have more specific dates to improve budgeting.

Re prices - Could you clarify why you think our prices are increasing? On our end at least the SRPs have not really moved since 2014 as far as I can see - Collector's Edition TV series (up to 1 cour in length) sit at £59.99 unless we are doing something differently from usual, Collector's Edition films sit at £34.99 unless something special is happening there (though there may come a day with inflation that needs to be revisited). Ultimates vary depending on build and what we can include (soundtracks tend to be pretty expensive due to royalties incurred for example).

Re dates for budgeting - Dates that slide have no use to anyone in terms of budgeting either by and large and that's the angle we're taking great care towards that right now. I can say safely if it's not dated yet and in Q3 - if it's due you can expect it in September now as opposed to August to make sure we're not brutalising wallets there.

You'll see a bunch of updates in the next week or so too as our Q4 schedule goes live - so stay tuned :).

Best,

AP

Re prices - Could you clarify why you think our prices are increasing? On our end at least the SRPs have not really moved since 2014 as far as I can see - Collector's Edition TV series (up to 1 cour in length) sit at £59.99 unless we are doing something differently from usual, Collector's Edition films sit at £34.99 unless something special is happening there (though there may come a day with inflation that needs to be revisited). Ultimates vary depending on build and what we can include (soundtracks tend to be pretty expensive due to royalties incurred for example).

Re dates for budgeting - Dates that slide have no use to anyone in terms of budgeting either by and large and that's the angle we're taking great care towards that right now. I can say safely if it's not dated yet and in Q3 - if it's due you can expect it in September now as opposed to August to make sure we're not brutalising wallets there.

You'll see a bunch of updates in the next week or so too as our Q4 schedule goes live - so stay tuned :).

Best,

AP
Prices- The fact SE appear at random never said in advance just appear and Eps the fact if for some reason you miss one you dont want the pay the £41 price that is normally quoted. And that sub releases are the same prices as dubbed when obviously dub would have to have a higher cost

Yeah, and the UK anime industry has made me lose it, i was optimistic in the past I am no longer. Because prices are rising look at MVM, delays between UK and US are increasing when we use the same discs. I don’t have any positives of the UK industry it has upset me to see how much it’s changed and for me got worse in 4 years

Yeah, and the UK anime industry has made me lose it, i was optimistic in the past I am no longer. Because prices are rising look at MVM, delays between UK and US are increasing when we use the same discs. I don’t have any positives of the UK industry it has upset me to see how much it’s changed and for me got worse in 4 years
But do you not, like, have bigger problems to deal with? I'm sure these people are doing their best to bring you what you want, but certain factors can affect schedules and such, and those factors might be beyond their control.

You'll likely think it's none of my business because I don't buy stuff from AL, but just speaking as someone who, for the most part, is a patient and optimistic person (because, you know, I personally choose to be so), I just really don't understand how people can get so bent out of shape about stuff like this.

It's just anime at the end of the day.

Optimism needs to be earned. The UK anime industry as a whole could do better on that front.
Paitence rewards you... what do I get with my wait for ERASED a disappointing release and feeling underwhelmed
Trust me mate, take this from someone who knows, life really is too short to worry about the unimportant things.

Back